Greg land

I'll only say that it may eventually prove to be fruitful for any one of the eight.

I couldn't stand torcher.

Unless it involved money. Or sex. But mostly money.

It's anything but kinky. Well, I might find it that way, I guess. But then again, I'm odd.

I don't know. Sometimes I help some of the eight out with financial stuff, depends on my relationship with them.

taken from wikipedia:

"Further criticisms of Land's work include the fact that he endlessly repeats the same facial expressions for the same characters. For example, in Land's run on Ultimate Fantastic Four the same, clearly traced or copied, expression for the Human Torch has been used over 7 times. Whilst choosing to work in this way is clearly effective, it is nonetheless widely considered not only cheap, lazy and insulting to the actual artists employed by Marvel, but also dangerous to the entire medium at a time when comics are going through a renaissance of sorts in popular culture. Land claims that he does Google searches for references, but that has never done any digital manipulations, and doesn't have the computer skills to perform them."

no matter how you feel about wikipedia, this pretty much sums it up.

Land does it old school, light box tracing *****es!

i had a light box with power rangers on the handle. I have no idea why.

I don't even know what a light box is.....

I don't even know what a light box is.....

Pretty much, you remember in school the prjector your teacher would use and write crap on it, well that, without the projection.

It's one thing to use references and al lthat but Land flat out goes to far. He even stole a spider-man pic for the cover to Ulitmate Power 1 from Travis Charest,causing Marvel to crack down on photo refrences.
Also I think it's kinda sad that artists can just trace pictuers (which honestly takes no work at all) while other artists who actually have talent and can draw stuff from they're heads get passed by.

It's one thing to use references and al lthat but Land flat out goes to far. He even stole a spider-man pic for the cover to Ulitmate Power 1 from Travis Charest,causing Marvel to crack down on photo refrences.
Also I think it's kinda sad that artists can just trace pictuers (which honestly takes no work at all) while other artists who actually have talent and can draw stuff from they're heads get passed by.

I agree.

There's a lot of uninformed, ignorant BS in this thread...

If tracing takes no work at all, then quid pro quo. Let's see you "trace" something as well as Land.

Actually, if I recall correctly from a thread on this subject before, someone basically aped the process and all that was left that needed doing was coloring and a little manipulation on the clothes.

Either way, I just read Legends of the DC Universe #7-9, featuring the first team-up of Green Lantern and Green Arrow as drawn by Greg Land. That was some really gorgeous art and it was actually better than what he's doing now. Very crisp, clean, good art. I'll post some scans tomorrow.

Actually, if I recall correctly from a thread on this subject before, someone basically aped the process and all that was left that needed doing was coloring and a little manipulation on the clothes.

Either way, I just read Legends of the DC Universe #7-9, featuring the first team-up of Green Lantern and Green Arrow as drawn by Greg Land. That was some really gorgeous art and it was actually better than what he's doing now. Very crisp, clean, good art. I'll post some scans tomorrow.
I would love to see some of those scans. Can't wait.

I remember that thread. I posted a pick and told somebody to do what Land does with it, if it's so easy. All they did was put it in black and white. I'm still not convinced it's as easy as people seem to think it is.

I prefer to think of it this way, if a collage is considered an except able form of art, then so is what Land does.

I remember that thread. I posted a pick and told somebody to do what Land does with it, if it's so easy. All they did was put it in black and white. I'm still not convinced it's as easy as people seem to think it is.

I prefer to think of it this way, if a collage is considered an except able form of art, then so is what Land does.

:up: :up: I'd like to see that thread if you can find a link to it.

Those who think less of Land because he uses a light table know little about art or how artists work.

Yeah, I think so. I was like, yeah, and? So you took the color out. I coulda done that. How do you go from a black and white picture of a playmate, to Land's UFF quality pics? That's what I wanted to see, and I didn't get that. Until I see somebody come in and actually do something just like Greg Land, I'm gonna go ahead and continue to say he's a great artist. Cuz I aint seen nobody else do the same thing.

LOMMANTHING.jpg

witchblade84.jpg

LEGIONWERE001_cov.jpg

Trace or not, these are phenomenal. I think that he uses a grease pencil to soften out the dark edges of the inks. He is very technically skilled, and doesn't deserve this banter from you obviously envious, untalented, uninformed fanboys.

Yeah, I think so. I was like, yeah, and? So you took the color out. I coulda done that. How do you go from a black and white picture of a playmate, to Land's UFF quality pics? That's what I wanted to see, and I didn't get that. Until I see somebody come in and actually do something just like Greg Land, I'm gonna go ahead and continue to say he's a great artist. Cuz I aint seen nobody else do the same thing.

I think its beautiful art, I don't mind it. If yo're that offended by it, stop buying his art and send a message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"