Greg Weisman To Produce Young Jusice Animated Series

saiyanaida

Civilian
Reaction score
Young Justice - In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over—to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you’re not just a normal teenager? What if you’re a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you’re worthy of the Justice League? That’s exactly what the members of Young Justice — Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis—will find out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero. This all-new series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based upon characters from DC Comics.

Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman Doomsday, The Batman) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H.) are the producers.

t-yjposter.jpg

ourworldsatwar_youngjustice.jpg

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=728

i wish him the best of luck with the other producers and writers for this dc comics show. Hopefully he will bring the quality he had while doing TSSM for marvel to dc for young justice. Also it would be nice if who ever is taking charge of the USM to at least peg weisman to write an episode or two. Nice to see greg moving on to something to bad its not spidey still :( :)

If that's the animation, I like it.

The eyes are normal this time around, lol. And I'm digging Robin's costume.

Edit: Could this possibly be why Greg hasn't said much about TSSM? He moved his focus towards this new series while he waited for the inevitable demise of TSSM?

Last edited:
You can never go wrong with Weisman. He's made two of the greatest cartoons of all time.

Sounds cool, I'll def check this out wheter Greg was involved or not

This further aggravates me!

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for Greg. But if these guys at Marvel Animation had any sense, they would have tapped Greg for their new Spider-Man show.

Hell, I'd tap him for the other animated shows as well, and have crossovers between them. Iron-Man (reboot that show, too), X-Men, Avengers, Spider-Man, how about Fantastic Four?

And then you could have special mini-series of adaptations like Civil War, Secret Invasion, & Dark Reign.

Marvel spectacularly dropped the ball in letting Greg Weisman go.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for Greg. But if these guys at Marvel Animation had any sense, they would have tapped Greg for their new Spider-Man show.

Who's to say Marvel didn't contact him regarding USM? As far as we know, Greg has been working on this series for a while now while he was waiting on the answer to TSSM's future.

Hell, I'd tap him

Hah!

for the other animated shows as well, and have crossovers between them. Iron-Man (reboot that show, too), X-Men, Avengers, Spider-Man, how about Fantastic Four?

He's only one guy. Sure, he's made two amazing series(TSSM and Gargoyles), but still, one can't expect him to be the savior of Marvel with cartoons as Robert Downey Jr. was to Marvel's films.

And then you could have special mini-series of adaptations like Civil War.

No. I like the Marvel Cinematic Universe the way it is doing as it's a great sign that we can possibly see a Civil War film in a future Avengers installment. My hope for Avenger 3, imo. But with a mix to Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 with a main villain brainwashing certain heroes for their bidding so we can have a main villain outside of the non and pro sides.

These are great news and the art looks amazing. I hope this turns out great.

yea i wish this show best of luck for dc and all invovled, cant wait to hear who is voicing all the characters. As for greg whos to say he wouldnt end up working with marvel again in the near future. Maybe he will write some more marvel comics, maybe write/produce a future marvel DTV. Or even help out on another show down the road.

I wish him the best of luck with this, I'm glad he got himself a new job. I heard about the Young Justice show a while back and I will be following it now that I know he's involved.

Aqualad looks......new.

You secretly want to say "He's BLACK!".

I know, haha.

But, perhaps they made him from African descent is because Aquaman on Smallville(which is about the teenage versions of heroes) is white, and they just didn't want to gamble with that?

Also why it's Kid Flash in this series and not Impulse(as that's Smallville's version as well).

I do prefer Artemis better than Arrowrette though, haha.

I did hear about this. While it is a shame that Greg Wiesman won't be working on a third season of TSSM, I do like that he hasn't had to sit around any longer. His workload got lighter during the "limbo" phase of TSSM's history; he wrote some comic books (including one issue of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN), but that was about it. Now with TSSM being all but officially canceled (Sony hasn't released an official statement saying, "the show is dead", but aside for that, it is done), Wiesman can move on with his career.

Frankly, this is a coup for Warner Brothers. Disney has hired & fired Wiesman from a show at least twice, and obviously Disney wanting "their" Spidey show (and likely making noises about that down the industry even last year) didn't help the situation with Sony any. Hopefully WB appreciates Wiesman more and he has more room to breathe.

YOUNG JUSTICE is a bit of an interesting project. It is based on a comic of the same name that starred Robin, Impulse, and Superboy as well as some other characters. Eventually, that series ended and TEEN TITANS was relaunched, with several of the characters moving over. This show seems to be a mix of both. For instance, we have Kid Flash instead of Impulse. On the other hand, we do have Arrowette (albeit with a new name, Artemis), and Lagoon Boy from YJ has basically become Aqualad. We also have Miss Martian, who showed up within the last few years of TEEN TITANS and was NEVER in YOUNG JUSTICE.

DC/WB's last teenage team show, LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, ended after 2 seasons and 26 episodes, just like TSSM did; the collapse of Kid's WB as a network (as well as the apparently inexperience of The CW as a network) likely didn't help things. From what it looks like, YOUNG JUSTICE may be a mix from both comic sources, only it won't have the fluffy, anime-ripping qualities of the TEEN TITANS cartoon, which has basically been over for about 4-5 years.

(Although Aqualad/Lagoon Boy here sure does look a lot like Young Phoenix from "DEMOLITION MAN".)

At any rate, with Weisman as producer, that can only be a boon for the show. That will mean it will have a narrative flow and strong character interaction. While I enjoyed TEEN TITANS as a show, there were many, many moments where I sighed and wished it could grow up. This looks to be that kind of show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"