Guild Wars

Avangarde

Avan a Good Time
Reaction score
I'm suprised there is no Guild Wars thread here, considering its a hugely popular game and is often at odds with WoW. I'm sure I'm not the only GW player here on the hype.

http://www.guildwars.com/

northamerican-retail-necromancer-page.jpg

http://www.guildwars.com/

I've got Guild Wars and Factions.
I haven't played it much lately, but I probably will next month when I move to a new college. It plays like a dream on my laptop, which I find very odd. It looks much better then WOW, but WOW isn't very stable.

SpeedballLives said:
I've got Guild Wars and Factions.
I haven't played it much lately, but I probably will next month when I move to a new college. It plays like a dream on my laptop, which I find very odd. It looks much better then WOW, but WOW isn't very stable.

Yeah I use my laptop as well to play GW, works great, and yes it definatly look much better then WoW graphic's related.

Right here

I have Prophicies, look me up when you're on next time, my names are Dina Twylight and Twylight Princess

I oly have GW, not Factions. I'll probably get back into it when I get tired of WOW.

I just got Night fall and its a lot of fun, thay added the Paragon, and the Dervish, thay also added Heros. But I Have GW and GW Night fall, I still need to get Factions :(

This is my first MMORG, and its a blast! I got Fractions, and pretty soon I plan on getting Nightfall.

Look me up and watch me suck at this. I'm Zutara Wins and Zutara Still Wins. Don't worry I don't PvP much and when I do I stink.

The guild I'm in is Brotherhood of Gods [BoG]. It's interesting.

Technically it's not an MMO...it's a Cooperative/Competative Online RPG...

*I called it an MMO once and got seriously lectured by a bunch of gamers* :cwink:

*shivers*

:(

And it is indeed fun! :up: I'll be sure to look for you..but I've only got GW and the NF extention.

Hmm..Here's the thing..you can buy and play each game seperately..you don't need Prophecies (I.e. what the first GW is called) to play Factions, you don't need Factions to play NightFall...you don't need Prophecies to play NightFall.

However, you can link them together i.e. make them extentions of each other.

I have Prophecies and Nightfall, but not Factions. I'm still able to take my Prophecies character to Nightfall, and vice versa, once I get to a certain point in the game.

I have Guild members who've taken their Prophecies characters all the way through Factions and Nightfall.

In this way, you can like Prophecies to Factions, Prophecies to Nightfall, Factions to Nightfall, Nightfall to Prophecies, Factions to Prophecies, in no particular order. Provided that you add it to the account you currently have instead of making it a seperate account.
So it's really quite flexible.

Is it any wonder why people dont own Factions, no because it isn't very good. IMHO Nightfall is everything Factions should have been.

Hopefully I'll get the time to install Nightfall tomorrow. But yea, having a blast. If you see me wondering about, drop me a hello-from-the-hype.

I'm new to the Guild Wars fold; I've only been playing since December with Nightfall. It's fun and most importantly it doesn't have a monthly fee! The only draw backs are that my laptop can't handle the game too well and I can't for pete's sake remember how to get a guild cape.

My problem with Guild Wars was how similar everybody looked due to the lack of clothing customization. Are the 2 newers games better at allowing you to have more freedom in that dept. I remember all I could change about my Necromancer was buying some dye and dying his outfit. :down:

I was into it for awhile but it got old to me. Plus my friends stopped playing as well.

I'm new to the Guild Wars fold; I've only been playing since December with Nightfall. It's fun and most importantly it doesn't have a monthly fee! The only draw backs are that my laptop can't handle the game too well and I can't for pete's sake remember how to get a guild cape.

Oy there. I didn't know you played. To get a guild cape you need to join a guild, silly. But hey look up BOG [Brotherhood of Gods] or our sister guild, which I can't remember the name of right now. We always looking for people who actually log on and play :), plus everybody loves helping out with quest :D. Whisper at me if you see me around. My Fractions character is much better than my Nightfalls one...:(

Flint the Frozen and The Stumbler are the guild leaders.

Hmm...Nightfall has different faces than Factions and Proph...

As for customization, yeah a little bit of a drag, but it being free works for me. ;)

Oy there. I didn't know you played. To get a guild cape you need to join a guild, silly. But hey look up BOG [Brotherhood of Gods] or our sister guild, which I can't remember the name of right now. We always looking for people who actually log on and play :), plus everybody loves helping out with quest :D. Whisper at me if you see me around. My Fractions character is much better than my Nightfalls one...:(

Flint the Frozen and The Stumbler are the guild leaders.

Ohh, I eventually figured out how to get a cape, thanks anyway. I'll be on the lookout for you out "in-game" though! Same screenie? :D

My screenie is Zutara Wins or something that's Zutara-ish and I'm in a new guild. Whisper at me if you see me.

My name is Lord Oren, I'm a Ranger.

Let's start a SuperHeroHype Guild, I'll pitch in for the fees.

Hey there, my screenie is "La Pantera". You?

"Twylight Princess" :)

Also, this weekend is a gamer event so if you have Factions be sure to visit the Monastery!

I'll be there too. Hmm. Seriously tho, a Hype Guild is starting to sound like a good idea. As long as it's a Kuzrick's guild. :D

Let's get one started.

Like I said, I'll chip in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"