Guillermo del Toro's The Strain coming to FX - Part 1

I thought season 2, 3 and 4 all had some good moments, but overall it just felt under whelming. They made Zach into pretty much a full blown villain, when in the books I found him much more sympathetic.

Once again Quinlan was severely neutered in the final season. There was so much more they could have covered also.

The ancients were a bit of a let down as well, and The Master himself was much more formidable and scary in the books.

I wanted more about the Lumen and the Ancients. I'm not sure it was the lack of budget or just they wanted to go in a different storyline. But I hated how easily they were OFF'd.

I wanted more about the Lumen and the Ancients. I'm not sure it was the lack of budget or just they wanted to go in a different storyline. But I hated how easily they were OFF'd.

Yeah it took a lot more to kill both them and The Master in the books. Nukes were a factor, but it took more than that to kill them.

There is a lot more the show could have explored.

I really just don't get what went wrong. and why it was so underwhelming? Like was it on purpose

The books aren't that big, the show didn't need to be as long as it was. I'd argue it doesn't even really need to a tv series, a trilogy of films would probably get the job done.

The last book was the biggest and yet only got one season while the 2nd book got 2.

A trilogy of movies would be great but they would have to miss out stuff as well. Especially considering how much they had to leave out in the show.

You’re always going to lose things in the adaptation process, so there was no way around that...but after seeing the 4 seasons of the Strain I think I’d have preferred if they just stuck to the meat of the story rather than adding filler. The worst problem with the show, for me at least, is that it was largely boring which is a big no no for a horror series.

The books aren't that big, the show didn't need to be as long as it was. I'd argue it doesn't even really need to a tv series, a trilogy of films would probably get the job done.

Probably couldn't get the necessary budget to present it in film format.

Airing it sundays when most folks were watching Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead wasn't a good idea.

You’re always going to lose things in the adaptation process, so there was no way around that...but after seeing the 4 seasons of the Strain I think I’d have preferred if they just stuck to the meat of the story rather than adding filler. The worst problem with the show, for me at least, is that it was largely boring which is a big no no for a horror series.

Yeah I understand them having to take stuff out, I expected this from the start for budget reasons. But then adding unnecessary stuff like turning Zach into a full in villain by having him blow up Manhattan, killing Nora and adding in Dutch who was barely in the books, amount many other things just felt unnecessary. And also took away from better storylines in the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"