Guillermo del Toro's The Strain coming to FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that ending was creepy.

409.gif

"BK, NY" Solid start to the second season.
Interesting flashback to start the episode. The full body special effects makeups used throughout were outstanding. Professor Setrakian getting kidnapped by Quinlan and meeting The Born was pretty cool. I liked the attack on the storage unit and was surprised by the fate of the bus full of blind kids.
Preview for the rest of the season looks pretty good.

That was a strong season premiere. :up: Love that they finally showed the Sardu flashback! Nora is also becoming likable now and Dutch and Eph continue to be my favorites after Abraham. Where are they going with this real estate lady thing? Was that in the book? I can't seem to recall it.

Good start to the season though I am not feeling the recast of the son.

Man this stuff broke the scary **** meter.

I wonder if they'll stay on book or change it up

I'm just annoyed that they are keeping the damn book.

Solid episode.

Corey Stoll loses the wig in that season preview!

Good start to the season though I am not feeling the recast of the son.

I thought he looked like a different kid.

I noticed in the credits that Del Toro directed the flashback prologue. That's cool that he is still somewhat hands-on. Maybe it's just me but this episode felt much stronger than last season, and there didn't seem to be quite so many wtf stupid decisions by the protagonists.

So Stephen McHattie is not Mr Quinlan? That's...interesting.

I thought McHattie was Mr Quinlan all the way? Strange the way they have done it, either way he was the best character in the book so I hope they do him justice. This doesn't start until August here.

Open at your own risk... It's that scene. :o

tumblr_nrg8g5E4CF1tddn6lo5_400.gif

The skin suit kind of took me out it at times, I just couldn't see it as legit skin.

The skin suit kind of took me out it at times, I just couldn't see it as legit skin.

It just looked like a VERY tight leotard. :p

I thought the gang rape feeding scene was worse. :csad:

On hindsight, I agree. I had to, like, cover my neck at that scene because I felt like it was me being being fed on. Uuuugggghhhhh :csad:

Last edited:
All the blind kids and teacher was so sad for me, they never stood a chance.

So Stephen McHattie is not Mr Quinlan? That's...interesting.

Yup. I was surprised at that too. Unless they just changed the name?

I thought so too but then I read this:

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articl...-confirms-stephen-mchattie-not-mr-quinlan.htm

Seems like they're separate characters, and Quinlan's going to appear later on. Weird, but I'm intrigued by this.

I thought McHattie was Mr Quinlan all the way? Strange the way they have done it, either way he was the best character in the book so I hope they do him justice. This doesn't start until August here.

This explains the dissapointing scene in the preview where...

the commando vamps get vaporized. 😠 But it also explains the new vamp character in the preview. I guess he's Mr. Quinlan.

All the blind kids and teacher was so sad for me, they never stood a chance.

That entire scene sucked. 😟 Those poor kids.

This new kid looks like he just wants to murder everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"