Guillermo del Toro's The Strain coming to FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like you guys are reading too much into it. The comment is preceded by the bit about young actors being tricky because they grow so fast. I haven't gotten far into the books, but I assume this season won't take place long after the last one. The actor playing Zach last season is probably just about to start hitting puberty. It's a LOST/Walt situation. The actor aging faster than the storyline is rolling along. They probably just want the replacement to be up to snuff.

Either way, it's not a quote from anyone on the show, but rather the writer of the article, so...

There is a bit of a time jump between each book as far as I remember, so I imagine this is the reason for the change.

FX’s The Strain has found its Silver Angel. HitFix reports Joaquín Cosío has joined the series as Angel Guzman Hurtado.

The character, a former luchador, also goes by the name Angel de la Plata — the Silver Angel. In the horror-novel trilogy by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan, Hurtado’s alter-ego was a big star in Mexico and appeared in a series of movies as a vampire hunter until a knee injury ended his career.

Season 2 will find Hurtado forgotten by those who once adored him and washing dishes in an Indian restaurant. With an actual vampire apocalypse occuring, the Silver Angel will find new purpose in life fighting alongside gang member turned vampire fighter Gus Elizalde and his recruits.

Cosío is well-known in his home country of Mexico, where he’ a three-time nominee for the Arieles, the Mexican Academy of Film awards. He’s most known in the United States for playing the part of Hector in HBO’s Eastbound and Down.

The Strain returns for its second season this summer on FX.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/01/14/the-strain-casts-joaquin-cosio-as-silver-angel/

Should'a got Danny Trejo. That's who I cast in my head reading the books.

I think its perfect casting personally, he was a bit overweight in the books as far as I remember so Trejo wouldnt be a good fit in my eyes, this guy seems perfect and is a decent actor as well.

They just had a promo for season 2 during the NFC Championship. No new footage. Just chaos in NY from a bird's eye view with a David Bradley voiceover and then the Master flies up at the camera.

Bought Season 1 on blu ray a few days ago and finally got around to watching it. I'm 5 episodes in. I think I dig the show more than the book. The book felt rushed at times and I like that the show is letting the situation breath a bit more.

I loved the show but didn't think it quite matched the books, I think that was down to budget more than anything in the end though, can't wait for series 2!

Hope the UK air date isnt so late this time, we had to wait until October last time!

Damn I never finished season 1. I gotta get on that asap.

See, that looked much better than the batboy we got.

But yes, puking worms is gross.

Is that Aunt May from the original Spiderman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"