Guy Ritchie’s Spy Thriller ‘Operation Fortune’ | Jason Statham

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Toronto: Jason Staham, Guy Ritchie Reteam for Spy Thriller 'Five Eyes' | Hollywood Reporter

Miramax is re-teaming with director Guy Ritchie for the spy action thriller Five Eyes, to star Jason Statham.

STXfilms has nabbed the worldwide distribution rights to the pic and will start shopping Five Eyes to buyers at the virtual Toronto Film Festival market. The feature will see Statham play Orson Fortune, a MI6 guns-and-steel agent recruited by global intelligence alliance ‘Five Eyes’ to track down and stop the sale of a deadly new weapons technology that threatens to disrupt the world order.

Ritchie and Jason earlier worked together on Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. Production on the globe-trotting thriller Five Eyes will start in Europe in Oct. 2020.

Ritchie and Miramax are getting back together after collaborations on The Gentlemen and the upcoming Wrath of Man. Ritchie will direct and produce Five Eyes from a screenplay written by Ivan Atkinson and Marn Davies (The Gentlemen, Wrath of Man), with revisions by Ritchie. Atkinson will also produce.

Aubrey Plaza Joins Jason Statham In Guy Ritchie’s New Movie – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Following her scene-stealing role in the romantic comedy Happiest Season, Aubrey Plaza is switching genres as she is set to co-star Jason Statham in the Guy Ritchie untitled thriller formally known as Five Eyes. Miramax is producing and financing with STX handling distribution.

The film was sold at the TIFF Virtual sales room and became one of, if not the biggest sale, during the market, as STX aggressively pursued it after working with Ritchie on The Gentlemen.

Ritchie will direct and produce from a screenplay written by The Gentlemen scribes Ivan Atkinson and Marn Davies with revisions by Ritchie. Atkinson will also produce. Miramax will finance and produce with STXfilms, who most recently worked with Ritchie on The Gentlemen, is handling worldwide distribution and sales.

The story follows MI6 guns-and-steel agent (Statham) who is recruited by a global intelligence alliance to track down and stop the sale of a deadly new weapons technology that threatens to disrupt the world order. Reluctantly paired with CIA high-tech expert, Fortune sets off on a globe-trotting mission where he will have to use all of his charm, ingenuity and stealth to track down and infiltrate billionaire arms broker.

So, It doesn't have a title now?
What was wrong with Five Eyes?

TBH I'd rather see a film where Statham plays the same character he did in Spy, with Melissa McCarthy. His scenes in that movie are wet-your pants-laughing funny. Believe it or not Statham is hilarious !

Cary Elwes drop that donut!

Orson Fortune is a name 80's action movies would be proud of!

Good for Hartnett. He dropped off the map because he didn't like the kind of roles being offered to him and chooses to do smaller, more interesting roles. Glad to see him do something bigger. I always liked Hartnett, but he like a lot of actors kind of got pigeonholed in those more bland hunky leading man roles that doesn't really utilize their strengths. He's very good in Penny Dreadful and utilizes him well.

Plus it's just good to see Ritchie go back to his own projects. I hope the past decade of him doing all those studio films bought him good will to do original stuff. Aladdin broke my ****ing heart. I get it it. You play the game to get your personal stuff funded, but that was painful. The guy who did ****ing Snatch and Rock n' Rolla did a ****ing Aladdin remake.

Josh Hartnett was pretty great in Penny Dreadful, but I've honestly always liked him as an actor even going back to the 90's with films like H20 and The Faculty. I also enjoyed him in Lucky Number Slevin, but it really is too bad he never became a bigger name star like he should have.

This movie sounds like its shaping up to be something special though and I hope Ritchie knocks this one out of the park just as much as he did The Gentlemen. I'm still on a high after watching that movie I'm glad he's reteaming with both Jason Statham and Hugh Grant.

I just rewatched Snatched not that long ago and damn do I still love that movie and miss that version of Guy Ritchie who gave us great films like that and Lock, Stock.

Statham’s gotten really boring over the years but Guy Ritchie did do his best work with him (Snatch, Lock Stock). Of course, he also did his WORST with him too (Revolver). But the presence of Aubrey Plaza, Cary Elwes and Josh Hartnett intrigues me. Also, The Gentlemen was a return to form for Guy. So this could be really good.

I'm hopeful for this, as hit and miss as contemporary Ritchie has been, Aubrey Plaza and Cary Elwes in a spy movie is more than enough to get me on board. And I think there acting styles will work wonders with Ritchie's sensibilities.

Looks like a standard action film but it looks fun so I’ll see it.

Feel like I just saw the whole movie. Gonna have to wait til I can watch at home just for the subtitles.

Can’t wait for this. I like Statham when he kinda pokes fun at his action hero persona a bit. And I would watch Aubrey Plaza in anything.

Is it just me or is Josh Hartnett slowly aging into a taller Charles Bronson? Lol

I love Ritchie, and this looks so good. :up:

It seems the last decade doing bad blockbusters has finally paid off to make movies like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"