Guy Ritchie Revives A "King Arthur" Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not call it "King Arthur: Legend of Excalibur; or King Arthur and the Legend of Excalibur?

If they're scared of people confusing it with WB's very own 'Excalbur' film from the 80's, well what about 2004's King Arthur. It's mythology that's been around for thousands of years. It's hard to claim ownership on any of it.

Why not call it "King Arthur: Legend of Excalibur; or King Arthur and the Legend of Excalibur?

If they're scared of people confusing it with WB's very own 'Excalbur' film from the 80's, well what about 2004's King Arthur. It's mythology that's been around for thousands of years. It's hard to claim ownership on any of it.

I'm shocked no one has used "The Once and Future King" as a title yet.

You it's going to be really sad if Disney ever makes The Sword and the Stone live action and it makes serious bank while this, I predict will tank

I'm shocked no one has used "The Once and Future King" as a title yet.

Hopefully so someone can save that for an epic multi-part film some day

Is it confusion or do others just own the titles?

"Knights of the Round Table: King Arthur" was fine if a bit long, but maybe youre right and it was taken.

I just think Legend of the Sword sounds like an expansion to a s***y RPG

Or a sequel to this film ;)

Movie_poster_king_arthur.jpg

It's tough doing a new King Arthur movie and finding the right title. Because you had the big budget 2004 movie King Arthur. That movie flopped. You have the 1981 movie Excalibur. So you can't make another movie called Excalibur again or people will think it's a remake.

When you think King Arthur you think of the Sword in the Stone legend, and Disney did that title. And you can't call it just King Arthur because the 2004 movie had that. Camelot probably doesn't work in this sense either.

So it's like you want a title to make this instantly identifiable as a King Arthur movie, but a lot of the good titles have been taken already.

Last edited:
The 1981 movie is my favorite.
gif1.gif

F*** me, LEGEND OF THE SWORD?

That's the sh**tiest excuse for a sword and sorcery movie title I've ever heard. It reminds me of that stupid Noah Wyle TV movie, The Librarian: Quest for the Spear. I guess WB was worried that people wouldn't realize Excalibur was a sword, so they felt the need to clarify.

Maybe this will kick off a shared universe of generically titled folklore hero films.

ROBIN HOOD: LEGEND OF THE BOW
BEOWULF: LEGEND OF THE FISTS
SPRING-HEELED JACK: LEGEND OF THE SHOES

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

I would have preferred "King Arthur: Legend of Excalibur".

Maybe a sequel will be called:

King Arthur: Lady of the Lake

What about The Legend of King Arthur? Or the Legend of the King?

Not saying those are good, just spitballing.

I was just reading the Deadline comments section and some idiot is complaining that King Arthur isn't being played by an American.

I friggin' hated seeing Batman eat Fish 'n' Chips.

I'll give it this, Excalibur looks pretty cool.

To try and keep this positive, while this does look like an origin story, I do like that they are doing the Sword in the Stone bit.

This movie just reeks of another misstep for Ritchie and WB.

Ritchie hasn't made a good movie since Snatch. I don't think he ever will again.

I like both Sherlock Holmes movies.

I thought UNCLE was sorta watchable if rather uneven as a movie. Like it seems like Ritchie wanted to make a 1960s James Bond movie. While Man From UNCLE the original show sort of ultimately became this tongue-in-cheek spy spoof.

Plus in the original series, Kuryakin was this mysterious dude who seemed to know a lot. In the movie he was bit more brutish with a short fuse. Like if you set him off, he loses it. It wasn't as appealing of a character to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"