Guy Ritchie Revives A "King Arthur" Saga - Part 1

The domestic Box Office for this film and the last major Arthur film and pretty damn similar over their first month at least.

Inflation works into 2004 Arthur's side though.

3rgYHfx.png

I finally got around to watching this and was surprised that I actually liked it. It didn't blow me away but I was entertained and thought the story of Arthur was interesting. Hunnam was decent and Jude Law was pretty good. Too bad we wont see a sequel.........6.5/10

This movie is ultimate blue balls, it had everything and had nothing. I liked cinematography, actors, acting, script and then i didnt like directing how movie was ultimately put together. I liked every part of what we saw but I simply didnt like how movie was put together. Every scene indivudally was great, but as mesh scenes sometime they just didnt work as I felt it need to. And that's why ultimate blue balls.

Cutting back and forth scenes pretty much killed the movie from reaching certain heights and put you out the place and it didnt simply mesh with flow and linear storyline. Villain was great, and I didnt even mind ending fight. There was simply too much Guy Ritchie style where I felt Guy Ritchie kidnapped the movie for sake of his own ego. And how did he decide to show certain scenes.

Ritchie never let movie breathe a little on its own. I truly felt there was amazing movie hidden there, but it was simply locked up. I gave it 6/10. But it could have easily being 8.

And Hunnam was great Arthur. Dont understand hate.

Last edited:
I wonder how a Snyder version would have fared.

The domestic Box Office for this film and the last major Arthur film and pretty damn similar over their first month at least.

Inflation works into 2004 Arthur's side though.

3rgYHfx.png

I just started a mini-podcast over both these two films; separate episodes, but comparing both to some of the Arthurian Legends they're based off. I personally like Legend of the Sword better, but I can enjoy both. And Legend of the Sword does get a bit more grace for being a true and unabashed fantasy film against the Fuqua King Arthur simply because the stabs at history by the earlier film generally fall apart if you have information, like say, Wikipedia.

If anyone here's curious to hear both episodes, here's Legend of the Sword: http://franchisewars.madewithopinion.com/myth-remaking-king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword/#.

And here's King Arthur (2004): http://franchisewars.madewithopinion.com/myth-re-making-king-arthur-2004/#

I'm going to continue the series with First Knight next week. I wouldn't mind any feedback.

I know we ain't getting a sequel but if we did, what story would you have liked to see?

I know we ain't getting a sequel but if we did, what story would you have liked to see?

Honestly, I kind of expected it would have to be either Guinevere getting reintroduced (since they erased the Mage's original identity), Morgana getting introduced (she's arguably the most important ambiguous character in the mythos), and a part of me was feeling like Blue Boy would turn out to be Lancelot.

That's how I figure it would happen with their setup. In the book I'm trying to write, the rogues gallery and conflict are based largely on older mythos villains like Twrch Trwyth, the Saxon and invasion, and Melwas.

Honestly, I kind of expected it would have to be either Guinevere getting reintroduced (since they erased the Mage's original identity), Morgana getting introduced (she's arguably the most important ambiguous character in the mythos), and a part of me was feeling like Blue Boy would turn out to be Lancelot.

That's how I figure it would happen with their setup. In the book I'm trying to write, the rogues gallery and conflict are based largely on older mythos villains like Twrch Trwyth, the Saxon and invasion, and Melwas.

Nice.

Was thinking the story would be a battle against the Vikings.

Just watched it and loved it. Final fight/battle was quite underwhelming, as was Jude Law's Vortigen.

But for the most part, it was awesome fun. I thought Hunnam was fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"