• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Guys that wear t-shirts with advertising logos

I get most of my t-shirts from Interpunk.com becuase they have an awesome selection of band t-shirts.

I understand where you're coming from,to an extent. I think it's kinda stupid when people buy the ugliest clothes,just because there's a logo on it....like neon-color shirts,splattered with paint,and an Armani Exchang logo on it.WTF???

I buy shirts with logos on it,but only if it looks nice/fits/is made well.And most of the time you can't really tell what it says.I may be advertising,but most,if not all clothes come from a brand or company. Why not buy it,just because of what someone else thinks?

What I don't understand is the t-shirts with "witty messages" on them. Sure,it's funny the first times you read it...but wear it? :confused: That's just silliness.

So you don't wear Tommy Hillfiger, Abercrombie & Fitch, Sean Paul, Gap, Ecko, Phat Farm, or Old Navy?

How about Calven Klein or Nautica.

HellOnEarth said:
So you don't wear Tommy Hillfiger, Abercrombie & Fitch, Sean Paul, Gap, Ecko, Phat Farm, or Old Navy?

How about Calven Klein or Nautica.
edit

moop501 said:
What I don't understand is the t-shirts with "witty messages" on them. Sure,it's funny the first times you read it...but wear it? :confused: That's just silliness.

Some of the cheesy ones are pretty pointless, but I love really obscure/obtuse ones.

I've started so many conversations with this one:
schrodingerscat.jpg

It's gotten to the point where I decide not to wear it half the time because I'm tired of explaining the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

lots of black shorts and comic tees for me, converse all stars and wallet chains, im so stupid, i hurt even myself

Leto Atrides said:
:rolleyes: Duh :rolleyes:

No, seriously though, the whole Wikipedia article has a decent explanation.
I still don't understand. Can anyone simplify it...without the "fancy words"? Like...why is it a joke that the cat is dead?

Unless it's the whole thing where "You put a dog in a barrel,shoot it,but you don't check inside. How do you really know if it's dead or alive,if you don't check"? If it's that,then I guess I understand. :O

moop501 said:
I still don't understand. Can anyone simplify it...without the "fancy words"? Like...why is it a joke that the cat is dead?

Unless it's the whole thing where "You put a dog in a barrel,shoot it,but you don't check inside. How do you really know if it's dead or alive,if you don't check"? If it's that,then I guess I understand. :O

There are all sorts of physics things backing it up, but yeah, that's essentially what it is.

There are two things this atom can do, lets say either go left or right(it actually uses nuclear decay, but this is easier to picture). If it goes left the cat is killed, right it is not. This is all in a closed box. Without seeing it, there is no way to know what happened.

Because you can't know which happened, there is a theory that until you actually see it to know, it doesn't exist either way, it is in limbo between. There is no reason to think either happened over the other, so physicists assume it just doesn't at all.

To give another example, the answer to the whole "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around, will it make a sound?" thing would be the tree doesn't fall at all, it just stays in limbo until someone observes it.

The joke of the shirt is you just give a straight-forward answer to a complicated question, plus it is just obscure.

terry78 said:
I don't mean sports team logos and what not, I mean logos of beer, logos of certain clothes, or just some name brand thing in general. Granted, it's cool you support it, but that makes me think, "this poor happy bastard thinks he's awesome, but he's basically a corporate shill, a walking billboard." I used to do it in high school, literally wearing a brand name on my sleeve, but nowadays I rarely wear anything with advertising some type of brand, as it's like giving the corporate machine way too much free publicity. Yes, this may be pointless, but that's all I see on campus right now.

I know exactly what you mean. It's a pet peeve of mine aswell. In fact, I usually hate any kind of fancy design or any logos on my t-shirts at all! I just want a normal t-shirt damnit! I'll wear stuff with designs sometimes, like a Spider-Man t-shirt. My friend wore a Che Guevarra t-shirt, back when before it wasn't the popular thing, then everyone started doing it so he felt sickened and stopped wearing it. It was a nice t-shirt, too bad.

BUT THEN!! The whole Che Guevarra t-shirt thing became so popular, that now you can buy them in top brand shops, with a big ****ing designer logo placed above Che's face. The logo that pops into mind is the "LEGEND" logo. They take someone like Bruce Lee or Che, put him on a t-shirt, "jazz" it up a bit, and put "LEGEND" all across the top. It's sickening. It's even more sickening that people are stupid enough to buy the Che versions. They clearly have no idea who Che is and are just doing the popular thing.

I hate jeans these days. It's so hard to find a decent pair of jeans. It's like, I'll go into a store, look at a pair of jeans, and I'll be like "yeah, damn fine pair of jean... EXCEPT THE ASS IS PURE WHITE AND THE REST IS BLUE!!!" What the hell is up with this crap?? Faded or white on the knees, or on the shins, or on the thighs... it looks homosexual. It's SO uber trendy that it becomes homosexual. I feel the same way with jeans that have been DESIGNED with rips. Used to be quite popular with skaters once upon a time, now jeans that have been purposely ripped before they even get to the store are worn by men waiting to come out of the closet everywhere.

is wearing logos that say Armani or Express considered not cool?

All my shirts have soda logos on them.

7 Up
Coke
Dr. Pepper
A&W
Ghostbusters

Scratch that last one.

all my shirts have these on them :

The North Face logos
Triball logo
Bboyworld logo
superhero ish stuff
and superherohype logo

Jedi Master said:
is wearing logos that say Armani or Express considered not cool?

Depends who you ask. Though I'd assume if someone didn't approve of logos in general they aren't going to approve of AX or something just because it's expensive.

I don't wear t-shirts with logos because I like the logo, but because the t-shirt is cheap.

Dr.Taint! said:
I wear alot of shirts with Gas Stations logos.
Almost all my hats are from gas stations....:(

ma fave tshirt. gives me odd looks from the old ones.

used to wear linkin park stuff, ya know...the usual dark 14 year old clothin style.

thankfully nowadays, I tend to wear Marvel clothing, shirts with phrases from popular movies...or just plain colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"