Hack/Slash

Bubonic

Superhero
Reaction score
I'm now all caught up with the series, and am astounded that there isn't much hype about the title on here.

It's some really fun stuff, Cassie is a genuine 2D hottie, and the antagonist within the pages are awesome.
We get some cool guest appearances with Evil Ernie, Chucky, and even Steve Niles!
These are well incorporated into the Hack/Slash world, and really leave you wanting more.

The title is all at once funny, sexy, and violent, whilst remaining well written and completely engaging throughout. The characters have much dept, and there is still much to be uncovered. The character of Vlad is monstrous, yet a lovable oaf as well.

You guys should do yourself a favour, at least download yourself an issue if you don't want to take a chance with it right away. I doubt you'll regret it. And hey, make yourself familiar with the characters before the movie comes out!

Anyone have an opinion on this series?

A few of my friends turned me onto it, as they really love it. So I just ordered the Omnibus as I've been a fan of the art and it's been highly recommended. I haven't read any issues yet. I'll let you know.

I read the first trade and liked it. I didn't get into the ongoing comic because it was already on #3 by the time I figured out I wanted to read it. I told myself I'd get the first trade for that and then buy from wherever it leaves off, but I never did. The knowledge that Caselli doesn't draw the ongoing series did not encourage me, either.

My book Omnibus is still in the mail. I hate waiting for comics. :mad:

I'm a big fan, I've read the first two trades, and have been reading the on going series. I plan on getting the 3 trade soon, just to re read those issue.

great series, just fun as hell. I really hope the movie is as good as the series.

I got thru the Omnibus and I f'n loved it. The series is really good and I wish I would've jumped on it sooner. The first two tales were by far the best IMO. A few stories needed a little work and I'm not a big fan of having it incorporate monsters from other media (such as Chucky and Evil Ernie). I liked the original slashers much much better.

I heard there is going to be a movie about Hack/Slash and that Megan Fox might play Cassie. If so and if it sounds good and looks good then I'm sold,it's apparently coming out in 2009.

I heard there is going to be a movie about Hack/Slash and that Megan Fox might play Cassie. If so and if it sounds good and looks good then I'm sold,it's apparently coming out in 2009.

They've been talking about it for awhile and Megan says she is interested. I don't think it's moved forward since the initial announcement however.

I'd love to see the stage production in the mean time. Anyone know if there are vids of the performance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"