Hairspray:The Second Spraying

Queen ruined I Know Where I Been. That is such an emotional song and all I could think about is how Motormouth wasn't sing that...it was just Queen Latifah.

Edna got the most laughs in my theater.

Queen ruined it? Really? I thought she perfected it. That songs has always been my least favorite in the show because it not only feels out of place, but the raspy voice typical Maybelles have don't fit the song right.

She sang it well and acted just fine, but like I said, I only saw Queen Latifah, not Mabelle.

Me and my dad went to see it and the theatre was ****ing sold out. We wound going to Barnes & Noble. I might see it tonight if my brother doesn't drag us to I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry.

Everyone I know hates the song "Miss Baltimore Crabs." I love it. :confused: Am I the only one where too?

Me and my dad went to see it and the theatre was ****ing sold out. We wound going to Barnes & Noble. I might see it tonight if my brother doesn't drag us to I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry.

I'd avoid Larry like a plague.

Adam Sandler (probably incorrect spelling) should be avoided at all costs. I hate him. He isn't funny or talented.

The only movie of his worth seeing is The Wedding Singer.

Was anyone else a little upset about some of the changes? Some of these are nitpicks but:

• Good Morning Baltimore not starting as soon as Tracy woke up.
  • During Welcome to the 60's, Edna and Tracy didn't look identical.
  • Tracy's hair being straight during YCSTB.
  • Inez winning. :confused:
  • Link/Penny's part being cut down.
  • The whole jail scene scratched, although I am glad BDH wasn't there. I hate that song.

Ricki's hair was straight in the original film. Inez winning was cute. All the cuts, I felt.. were justified.

Now thinking about it, after her comment about how ratting her hair was a form of conformity, I liked the change. The jail scene/reprise of GMB should have been included, IMO, because it described Link and Tracy's relationship better and didn't make their kiss so anticlimactic.

Now thinking about it, after her comment about how ratting her hair was a form of conformity, I liked the change. The jail scene/reprise of GMB should have been included, IMO, because it described Link and Tracy's relationship better and didn't make their kiss so anticlimactic.

A new balled was written for Tracy for that scene, but was cut for being too repetitive. It'll be on the DVD though.

..and the Jail scenes were taken out because in reality there would be no way Link could get past all the police, much less use a Hairspray blow torch to break her out.

:D Yeah, I forgot about all that. I still think there needed to be a scene between them that furthered their relationship.

I haven't seen the broadway show, but are there any big changes from the 1988 movie to this one?

Well, the Broadway show has a lot of major changes from the movie, and this has a lot of major changes from the show. They all have the same basic story, but different plot points. I think that's what makes them all successful.

Everyone I know hates the song "Miss Baltimore Crabs." I love it. :confused: Am I the only one where too?
I love it a lot, and Michelle looked so beautiful in the flashback.
I love it too, but as it stands it's the weakest song in the score.
I found The New Girl in Town to be the weakest actually
I haven't seen the broadway show, but are there any big changes from the 1988 movie to this one?
One of the bigger changes is making Velma Von Tussel a homicidal widow who is part of the TV station.
Well, the Broadway show has a lot of major changes from the movie, and this has a lot of major changes from the show. They all have the same basic story, but different plot points. I think that's what makes them all successful.
Yep.:)

I found The New Girl in Town to be the weakest actually

NGIT is probably my favorite of the new songs. Very 60's girl group.

But, what I meant it the show. Baltimore Crabs is the least well received. Thats why they wrote new songs for Michelle, even though they still went with it in the end.

NGIT is probably my favorite of the new songs. Very 60's girl group.

But, what I meant it the show. Baltimore Crabs is the least well received. Thats why they wrote new songs for Michelle, even though they still went with it in the end.
They did? Hmm, I wanna hear them.

As for the show version, I actually enjoy it a lot.

I also kind of wanted the extra song after YCSTB in the movie.
Idk, what it's called but the one where it starts "Blood on the pavement, what amess. Is that your eyeball on my dress? Don't drink and drive, please keep your head. Or come graduation day you'll be dead. etc"

I also though Amber might join in the end of YCSTB seeing how she reacted to it. I'm not saying she would have sung her part from the show, but I thought she might just join in.

Why is this movie being remade? Seriously? And I'm not asking because I don't like it, I mean what is the point? What was wrong with the other one?

Why is this movie being remade? Seriously? And I'm not asking because I don't like it, I mean what is the point? What was wrong with the other one?
It's not being remade, it is revived.
This movie is more of an adaptation of the Broadway musical than the original movie.

This isn't a remake. It an adaption of the musical which was based off the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"