This Guy Might Be Playing Thor?!

Still A ThorFan

Sidekick
Reaction score
There are numerous sites reporting this, here are some excerpts. Whether it is true or not, Marvel should confirm since it is out there.

M16 NEWS "At this time there are superhero opportunities that are naturally akin to Rikki Lee Travolta’s charisma and physique that make too much sense not to consider. That would not be possible with the long term schedule obligations of a slate of secret agent films," stated manager Drake Miezel.

Marvel Studios, a division of Marvel Entertainment, is currently planning live-action feature film adaptations of comic book properties including Captain American, Nick Fury, and Thor. Avi Arad, president of Marvel Entertainment, stated at Wizard World LA that the film adaptation of Thor is in aggressive development and predicts it to be on the same epic level as Peter Jackson’s "Lord of the Rings."

FILM JUNK: Alright, now here’s one of those news stories that started to pop up around April 1st so I’m not sure how seriously to take it just yet. However, it does seem fairly reliable, and has been reported from a bunch of different places. Marvel is currently prepping a movie based on the Thor comic book, with a script being written by comic book go-to guy David S. Goyer (Batman Begins, Ghost Rider, the Blade trilogy). Now while a director has not yet been chosen, it looks as though the Norse thunder god himself has been cast. The lucky actor? None other than John Travolta’s nephew Rikki Lee Travolta. He is apparently a Shakespearean actor with martial arts training, but he’s certainly not someone I’d expect to play Thor… I was thinking more someone along the lines of a wrestler. Still, if you check out Travolta’s website you can see some pictures of himself with long, dyed blonde hair, and maybe (just maybe) there is a resemblance there. Personally I’m still not sure what kind of direction they’ll be taking this movie but I hope they go completely over the top with it. Thor was one of the best parts of the Ultimate Avengers animated movie, and while I’m sure lots of people hate the “Ultimate” version of Thor, I think a movie based on that character would rule.

HOLLYWOOD - John Travolta's nephew Rikki Lee Travolta has reportedly landed the role of Thor in an upcoming film adaptation of the Marvel comic book character.
The Broadway star, who was among those considered to play James Bond after producers decided to dump Pierce Brosnan, has been a favorite to play the Nordic hero for some time--and now it appears he will star in the project.

According to website ComicBoards.com, former model Travolta is both a Shakespearean trained actor and a highly decorated martial arts and hand-to-hand combat expert.

ANSWERS.COM: Thor is set to appear in a feature film produced by Marvel Studios. CBS reported in 2006 that Rikki Lee Travolta, nephew of John Travolta, will play Thor, and that the film will be written by David S. Goyer (Batman Begins, Blade). [1] This has yet to be confirmed by the makers Marvel Studios.

By: Kellvin Chavez
Source: Various

Thor: John Travolta's nephew Rikki Lee Travolta has reportedly landed the role of Thor in an upcoming film adaptation of the Marvel comic book character, says Hollywood.com. A director for the Thor film has yet to be announced but Batman Begins screenwriter David Goyer, who is penning the script, has shown interest in taking charge of the project.

If this is true(and I severely doubt that it is, this early in the game) then I hope he wasn't picked just because of his hair...That and I hope he's a better actor than his uncle.

This was a rumor months ago too. Dear God let it still be just a rumor.

Somebody make a Thor poll with 2 choices:
Karl Urban &
Anybody else.

I bet Urban would win.

eomer2dff626wu9.jpg

versus

rikkileetravoltatonyntipr1.jpg

Thor: "Oh my Gawd, Loki, oh my Gawd...you got to come out of the closet, Loki".

and I thought Paul LeVesque was a bad idea...
THis is some kinda joke, right? THis guy looks like a sissified version of Fabio

I'm not even laughing at the Travolta kid. The notion of a Thor movie alone is hilarious enough.

I HOPE TO ODIN Travolta isn't the choice! I picture him as Bobarino,
"but, but, All-Father Odin, I forgot my uru at home!"

I hope that they find someone physically fit to play THoR! Don't mess with the "God of Thunder" like that!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"