Halo 3 ODST

Yeah, just survive as long as you can. Five waves make up a round. Three rounds in a set. After every set you get a bonus round with all skulls on.

I don't think they'll have the last 3 maps as DLC. You'll need those maps if you want to get Recon. Bungie guys said there's no plan for DLC at the moment, of course that can change but that'd be pretty messed up if they did have the as DLC.

Oh and you also get an invitation to the Halo Reach beta when it goes live.

I'm pretty sure they are coming out as a DLC map pack at some point. Why would that be messed up? There are achievements already listed for Halo 3 that have to do with the remaining maps, people who don't buy ODST don't deserve the chance to get those achievements?

They can't divide their community up like that. I'm sure most people will buy ODST, but there is a reason it comes with a second disc which is just Halo 3's multiplayer with a few new maps and not a full set of its own, because they want people who just have Halo 3 to still be able to play with everyone. In order to keep that philosophy until Reach comes out, they have to release the remaining maps in a map pack for everyone who didn't buy ODST.

Last edited:
thanks for the input guys.. i think im gonna hold off on this game.. and rent it and pass the campaign....

whats the word on REACH??

got a 84 on metacritic but a 6.5 from user reviews so its an average rating i guess.

I just recently bought an xbox so i nvr had halo 3, im hearing a lot that this is basically halo 3 repackaged with the map packs so ill prolly end up getting it cause i never bought halo 3 so i dont have the map packs. I just really think it was a dumb idea not to have matchmaking for firefire. Not everyone has massive lists of friends that is gonna buy this game. A lot of my friends arent gettin it cuz they already have halo 3, meaning theyll nvr play firefight.

got a 84 on metacritic but a 6.5 from user reviews so its an average rating i guess.

I just recently bought an xbox so i nvr had halo 3, im hearing a lot that this is basically halo 3 repackaged with the map packs so ill prolly end up getting it cause i never bought halo 3 so i dont have the map packs. I just really think it was a dumb idea not to have matchmaking for firefire. Not everyone has massive lists of friends that is gonna buy this game. A lot of my friends arent gettin it cuz they already have halo 3, meaning theyll nvr play firefight.

I wouldnt put too much stock in that 6.5 user rating. Its probably that low due to the Sony fanboys rating the game low just because the game doesnt appear on their system. It happens with pretty much every exclusive that appears. MS fanboys did it for Little Big Planet.

Still with that said tho, from what i have played of ODST, you can tell its just an expansion. Really wasnt worth the full 60 dollar price tag. The campaign is pretty neat, but there isnt much new to it other than the fact that you have night vision, cant take that much damage and a couple new weapons. Other than that, its pretty much Halo 3. Fire Fight is pretty fun, but pales in comparison to Gears of War 2's Horde mode.

IMO, Halo: ODST is a sub-par game and a quick pay check for Bungie.

Yes, it does look prettier than the previous titles in the Halo series, but the Campaign is VERY repetative.

Firefight is good, it'll keep you entertained for a little while, but it lacks the constant replay factor that Halo 3 had.

Hopefully Halo:Reach will be better than this, if not, they need to let Halo die.

ODST is fan service. I definately like it alot...its not as good as Halo 3...i dont even think graphically(love the environments). Reach is their actual "next" game....i wonder if a few months before release they are going to change the name to Halo 4 as ODST was a name change. From what ive read and heard, Reach is supposed to be huge

It's a crime how little praise this game has gotten, it's easily one of the best of the year, certainly the best shooter. Unfortunately, this industry tends to demonize success after a while. If you create a successful and beloved formula, you'll be the darling of IGN and 1UP...until the sequel rolls around and you make the (correct) decision to create new content within your formula rather than reinventing the wheel. A lot of franchise games take an undue amount of crap simply for being franchise games, even when they're better than 99% of the rest.

I haven't played ODST and probably never will, but I totally agree with you. The unfortunately inevitable backlash against a popular series drives me nuts sometimes.

The game is good there's no doubt about that but if you own Halo 3 like probably 95% of the people who bought this game it is a crime that it's 60 dollars. The campaign is what 3 hours long give or take, firefight was amazing for about a month then got boring and yeah the multiplayer is arguably the best on the market but we already had that with Halo 3. The game really should have been only 30 dollars at the most.

If the campaign was 3 hours long for you, you missed most of the game. And time measurements for games are ridiculous anyways. I can speed run through Braid in half an hour, so is that a 30 minute game? Of course not. I can spend 200 hours playing Oblivion too, if I want to spend huge amounts of time doing absolutely nothing. That doesn't make it a 200 hour game either. If someone speed runs through ODST, missing most of the game in the process, that isn't a mark against the game. It'd be like me watching a movie with the sound off and then complaining that the plot made no sense. ODST's length was on par with most games this generation, and it offered a lot of new content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"