Crackdown 2

StrainedEyes

All the way up it!
Reaction score
Hands on Preview
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1028423p1.html

Gameplay Videos
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14307663/crackdown-2/videos/tgs09sny_crckdwn2_gmp_gascan.html
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14307663/crackdown-2/videos/tgs09sny_crack2_combat.html

crackdown-2-20090923073340225_640w.jpg

crackdown-2-20090923073341819_640w.jpg

crackdown-2-20090923073344225_640w.jpg

crackdown-2-20090923073345787_640w.jpg

The first Crackdown was loads of fun. I'm excited for this.

Last edited:
There was a really in depth article about Crackdown 2 in GameInformer. I havent played the first one yet, but my uncle has it, so I'll borrow it from him :) It's looking really fun with the freaks holding down one side of town, and the Cell coming at you. One thing I found interesting that I read from the article was that while on a mission, if you were to disable the Cell's power supply, and head back at night when the freaks come out [Whodini] they'll be swarming all over the place and you can just sneak in and do your duty. I'd like to play that.

I can't wait for this to come out. I was addicted to collecting all of those orbs in the first game.

I loved the first game. But I'm going to hold out. Game prices have been dropping like a rock lately. No need to buy anything day one anymore.

Loved the first one, looking forward to this.

So from looking at some of those screen shots, will there be other super powered beings that you have to fight? Instead of just standard gun toting goons? That would be awesome.

The demo went up on live today. Didn't play the full 30 min but it didn't disappoint me.

I never even played the first one. This looks kinda neat tho.

You can find the first one for like $10-15. Definitely buy it. It's like GTA except you have super powers which improve as you play. In the first one, you can reset the gangs (they go away once you kill all the higher ups). So you can go back with your better weapons and finish them off in a matter of seconds.

I never even played the first one. This looks kinda neat tho.

Is it wrong that I'm excited for this one because your character wears a badass suit of armor? That's the main reason I never played the first one...main character's design didn't appeal to me much.

Is it wrong that I'm excited for this one because your character wears a badass suit of armor? That's the main reason I never played the first one...main character's design didn't appeal to me much.

Haha thats kind of how my thinking was. I saw the dude in that gear and was like damn, he kinda looks like a bad ass, let me check this game out. I just played the demo and thought it was pretty neat.

Back to shooting out tires on the freeway.

:D

The character I used was fully armored as he upgraded. Thought I got the DLC so I can't remember if the character was in that.

Hooray glitches!
[YT]ax6VpLdZyRI[/YT]

Just be sure not to start any races, because then the countdown will begin like normal.

It works amazing. Me and chaseter played for, like, two hours. So fun.

I collected around 180 + agility orbs, best glitch ever.

They patched the demo, bastards.

I'm looking forward to grabbing this today.

Don't really care if it is more of the same.

If you're only playing this game for the story and campaign, then you're doing something wrong.

For those who have played it already, what are your thoughts? I have heard it seems rushed and is more like Crackdown 1.5 rather than full on sequel. I have on my GF que, but thinking about skipping it.

Yeah, I wouldn't have an issue with this game playing pretty much EXACTLY like the first one....if the first one already didn't play like that. :p

I normally don't put faith in "professional" reviews but the word of mouth I'm hearing is that it's the first Crackdown....only worse. I'll probably skip it, to many AAA titles coming out in the next few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"