Happy Free Comic Book Day

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
Hey everyone, today is free comic book day so go out to your local shop and enjoy. Here's where you can find out more information, including a list of comics available.

At my local store, they asked everyone to only take three or four in order to make sure everybody got some (and, sadly, the All New All Different Avengers wasn't there). But I did end up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Divergence (incidentally, my first DC comic) and Secret Wars #0.

Where I was also had 25 cent comics, so I grabbed essentially six random comics (Daredevil Vol. 3 #14 and #16, Moon Knight #8 and #10, Inhumanity #2, and Inhuman #8). Frankly, it's a scam since now I have to buy everything that came before it, but, hey, six comics for $1.50 is pretty good. They also had free pizza, artists who would draw you, and, of course, cosplayers.

Anyone else get anything or do anything fun for Free Comic Book Day?

25 cent comics! Someone needs to promote those people! Preferably so they can maintain the stores near me :o

Anyway, I was able to get Divergence, All-New Avengers, and Secret Wars. they only had 15% off the other comics. And free pizza.

I went to my place for the 40% off of trades and hardcovers. I took a bunch of freebies too, the only one that really interested me though, was the Attack on Titan/Marvel crossover.

My shop had 60% select trades and hardcovers. I was like :hmr:. I got The Invisibles Deluxe Hardcover Vol. 1 & 2, Scalped Deluxe Edition Vol. 1, Spider-Man: Spider Island Deluxe Hardcover, and the Epic Collection Daredevil: Fall From Grace (which is awful but I always wanted to read it anyway). All 60% off!

Plus all the free comics from 2015. It was an amazing haul, but then I learned why the sales were so huge... the owner sold the shop. He's leaving at the end of the month. This man is the best and is 100% the reason I jumped back into reading comics. I'm sad he's leaving but wish him the best.

:csad::csad::csad:

I hope some folk picked up my FCBD comic, And Then Emily Was Gone #0!

A local shop had the free comics plus 10 free for each kid from the back bins. I have four nephews that went and they got over 40 comics of varying quality. They got a bunch of 90's comics and the 90's was in full swing there. The surplus pouches, mullets, guns bigger than their arms and skintight body armor was prevalent. :p

They also got a bunch of more recent books including the Incredible Hercules books with the one where Thor and Herc dress as each other and give each other wedgies.

By the time I got to my LCS, all that was left were slim pickings (no more FCBs from the big publishers). Kind of a bummer, but I guess I should have tried to get there when they opened... there's only one shop in town, so I guess demand was greater than supply.

They did have all sorts of sales, but they didn't have any comics I need (I'm 3 issues away from a complete Thor collection! And the ones left are hard to find/expensive).

I hope some folk picked up my FCBD comic, And Then Emily Was Gone #0!

I was able to get your book. I went to around 10 comic shops to get my haul that day. I grabbed yours the first moment I saw it, as I collected the entire series. Btw, I only missed out on 4 of the FCBD books. It's definitely getting harder to get books, as shops are limiting more and more and more people are going after them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"