• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Owning a Comic Book Store

Green Lantern said:
Now that would be sweet... Halo parties and such :up: BTW Malice, where's a new BMFH? :mad:
I've been to a comic store where they have a setup to play Halo on X-Box live.

Jplaya2023 said:
they still have comic stores?? Damn i thought yall just ordered your comics for now on. Not enough $$$$$ going in those places like in the old days.

There are still some...not many left.

To have a Comic Store you really need to do other things.

Like mine would be comics, cards, rpgs, boardgames, AND computer games.
As well as an area with 20 networked PCs for games, an area for boards games and RPGs to be played (with fairly nice chairs and tables) as well as drinks and food to buy.

The Drinks and Food if you can pack the kids in, is where you would make your money.

Yeah, on gaming days Jordan and Prez sell Mt. Dew and junk food galore.

Malice said:
There are still some...not many left.

To have a Comic Store you really need to do other things.

Like mine would be comics, cards, rpgs, boardgames, AND computer games.
As well as an area with 20 networked PCs for games, an area for boards games and RPGs to be played (with fairly nice chairs and tables) as well as drinks and food to buy.

The Drinks and Food if you can pack the kids in, is where you would make your money.

that would be a good idea, hopefully you build one and get some franchises out there. How much capital are you starting with?? When did you plan on building?? and where do you plan on building?

Jplaya2023 said:
that would be a good idea, hopefully you build one and get some franchises out there. How much capital are you starting with?? When did you plan on building?? and where do you plan on building?

Oh no, I am not building one..

I would LOVE to.

I simply dont have the cash for it.

Now if I had about $50,000 or so to kill, I would.

I would need a building or shop that was at least a good 3000 square feet.

LAN Area
I would need 20 PCs, 10 tables, 20 chairs, Network Cable, Router, Internet connection

Gaming Area
I would want 10 tables, 30 chairs (the tables must be movable)

With the above I would concentrate on the teenagers...
And young adults.

The decor would be crucial.

The LAN Gaming everywhere would have Camoflauge netting and the like in it. Because we all know, the main games for LAN parties are 1st person shooters.

I would love to own a comic store. However, I do agree, unless you owned a shop like Midtown Comics, you need to do something else. I know the guy who runs the comic shop I go to works as a coroner (spelling?) so his daughter is in there when he isn't. I don't think there are many of us that go there. I mean, the second time I was there, the guy new my name and had my comic order ready for me when I walked in. I didn't have to say a word. It was awesome.

He sells other stuff besides comics like figures, cards, etc. Theres tables too where you can eat if you want. Its an awesome place.

I would have to make my store big enough to get people in it, that are not there for comics...

I would be trying to cater to numerous people, but it will be all in the same age...12 to 30

Old comics smell like sour milk and new comics suck ass. No way would I work a comicjoint.:down

Mee said:
I saw a guy in the store I go to saying the animated Bat-films were way better than Begins and then he said F4 was awesome. The owner was just :rolleyes: .
We once told a guy to leave the comic store after he suggested F4 was a "great comic adaptation"....we did not want his business anyways.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Old comics smell like sour milk and new comics suck ass. No way would I work a comicjoint.:down

You make me sad again! Just like on the Overrated/Underrated Thread! You have it out for me!

Webz14 said:
You make me sad again! Just like on the Overrated/Underrated Thread! You have it out for me!
Stick your nose in-between the pages of Fantastic Four #16 and take a whiff. I'm just reporting the hard facts here, man.
It hurts me just as much as it does you.

ShadowBoxing said:
We once told a guy to leave the comic store after he suggested F4 was a "great comic adaptation"....we did not want his business anyways.
Well done.:up:
Maybe next time throw a bucket of clorox in their face or something to really drive the point home.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Stick your nose in-between the pages of Fantastic Four #16 and take a whiff. I'm just reporting the hard facts here, man.
It hurts me just as much as it does you.

Just stick the old issues on a rack and put up a sign that says "DANGER: OPEN BOOK AT OWN RISK" and have a bunch of mumbo jumbo about how you are not responsible for any damage caused by the the fumes expelled from these comics.

Its a plan.

They call working at the comic book store, The Widow Maker. That is if they were actually married.

Man I would love to do this......
To bad I dont have this much cash

Malice said:

As would I.

But I too lack the cash and I doubt people in my area even read comics.

What is the world coming too? :(

Comics would be in my store, but they would not be the primary draw. I would imagine I would base Atmosphere as my first draw, then computer LAN parties as the second draw, the card sales and card games as my thrid draw.

My goal, would be to have some sort of game going on in that store from open till close EVERY day.

I would have sell drinks at a discount, and snacks at a discount to get people in. If you get them in your store, they chances of buying more suddently increase once you get them in the door.

Plus if I had the money, I would have a movie room if I could. Showing movies too.

I always dreamed of having a 24 hour comic book, action figure, statue, collectible store that had strippers dancing, and booze available. Alas, such a dream is beyond anyone's comprehension. :(

Erzengel said:
They call working at the comic book store, The Widow Maker. That is if they were actually married.
My local comic shop owner is married and his wife just gave birth to a baby boy.

Malice said:

armado1.jpg

ShadowBoxing said:
My local comic shop owner is married and his wife just gave birth to a baby boy.

You obviously don't watch the Simpsons. :down :(

Erzengel said:
I always dreamed of having a 24 hour comic book, action figure, statue, collectible store that had strippers dancing, and booze available. Alas, such a dream is beyond anyone's comprehension. :(
churchsignhgen7ys.png

The store I go to TITAN COMICS has been around for over 15years.

I'm proud to say I've gone there since I was 10yrs old, with only the last 3yrs I haven't been able too.

If I had the money I would start a store, I have studdied business and Economics at A level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"