'Happytime Murders' starring The Muppets

What even is this? :lmao:

Looks...interesting. Not a huge fan of Melissa McCarthy anymore but I'll probably check this out with MoviePass

I have no idea what the **** I just watched, but I need to see it in a theatre just for the reactions.

Meh. Maybe I'd be more interested if Melissa McCarthy wasn't in it. Aside from her appearances on SNL, I've been over her schtick for about five years now.

I wish they had kept Jamie Foxx.

I really loved The Heat and Melissa McCarthy in it, but I wasn't really impressed with her subsequent comedy roles.

But I'm in bc of the concept... and that last scene had me in tears.

Neat
[YT]WZ8sYDaXbd4[/YT]
Didn't think a movie was going to be made

Well, that was something.

I cant wait for the enraged parents that take their kids to theaters to watch this because they didnt watch the trailer and just assumed that a muppet movie is safe for kids.

I cant wait for the enraged parents that take their kids to theaters to watch this because they didnt watch the trailer and just assumed that a muppet movie is safe for kids.

They'd have to be some sleepwalking-ass checked out parents to take their kids to a movie called "Happytime Murders". :o

I was with this for about 90% of the trailer, but then the hardcore puppet banging and the **** all over the walls hit, and it seems to me it turned a corner and headed straight into "Let's try way too hard" territory.

McCarthy wasn't really a problem for me.

What the heck is this?! This looks nothing like the movie I was reading about all those years ago.

This is such wasted potential it actually upsets me. This could've been the spiritual successor to Who Framed Roger Rabbit but this looks like it is about as subtle and funny as a brick to the head. Also I thought the focus was on this disgruntled hardboiled puppet detective but it seems like McCarthy is pretty much the focus of the film.

Sigh...

If they had a lesser known actress or actor in the human role it might have worked better. It's basically a McCarthy movie now.

This could have been great, really unique and clever, but the trailer looks like it has gone for the lowest common denominator - and then some.

Aside from a joke or two, I didn't laugh much while watching the trailer,

I was with this for about 90% of the trailer, but then the hardcore puppet banging and the **** all over the walls hit, and it seems to me it turned a corner and headed straight into "Let's try way too hard" territory.

McCarthy wasn't really a problem for me.

Exactly where I stand

This could have been great, really unique and clever, but the trailer looks like it has gone for the lowest common denominator - and then some.

That too

Literally, if you threw a Muppet to a bunch of rowdy guys in a bar on a Friday night, within ten seconds they'd be making the very jokes that this million dollar movies makes.

I think it would've been funnier (at least judging from the trailer) if they played it straight. A noir starring a muppet is funny enough

This looks pretty dumb but I'll admit I laughed at that gross final scene.

So, this is what they've been working on for the last decade or so...? I'm actually glad Jamie Foxx isn't involved in this anymore, and by the same token I feel bad for McCarthy, as unfunny as I find most of her film roles.

The few laughs I got out of the trailer were more out of shock and confusion than any sort of humor. It's not really funny to me in any way the second time through, especially the money shot, if you will. If I ever see it, I definitely won't be paying money for it.

Millennial dudebro doesn't know what that is.

Team America: World Police is closer in proximity.

Honestly, Meet the Feebles is so obscure that not a lot of people outside of New Zealand know what that is.

As long as the 17-35 demographic was too young to know it they can rehash whatever they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"