HARBINGER DOWN : A Practical Creature FX Film

UnionJack

In training at MI:13
Reaction score
Anyone seen this around the net.
It's a Kickstarter for a fully practical creature FX Film, from the people behind the effects on "The Thing" and the "Aliens", the Raimi Spider-Man films.

[YT]http://youtu.be/VTAYhO-qkZw[/YT]

I love good CGI but I still feel practical has the edge in the long term, the movements are better and they don't stand out as much, cheap CG can ruin a good scene.

Practical seems to be a dying industry with more and more CG getting cheaper and easier to create, it would be a shame if this art form is lost from film.

The budget isn't a massive amount be a shame for this not to get done.

Kickstarter Link

Last edited:
Anyone seen this around the net.
It's a Kickstarter for a fully practical creature FX Film, from the people behind the effects on "The Thing" and the "Aliens", the Raimi Spider-Man films.

[YT]VTAYhO-qkZw[/YT]

I love good CGI but I still feel practical has the edge in the long term, the movements are better and they don't stand out as much, cheap CG can ruin a good scene.

Practical seems to be a dying industry with more and more CG getting cheaper and easier to create, it would be a shame if this art form is lost from film.

The budget isn't a massive amount be a shame for this not to get done.

Kickstarter Link

Fixed your video. :woot:

This sounds like a great idea, but I hope the Kickstarter gets some input into the designs of the monsters. Practical effects can be amazing and scary, but only if the design is good, and of course if the story works. I don't have the money to donate to any of these random Kickstarters, I wish I did, but I'll keep tabs to see if this goes anywhere. If it turns out well, I'd sure buy whatever comes out of this.

Fixed your video. :woot:

This sounds like a great idea, but I hope the Kickstarter gets some input into the designs of the monsters. Practical effects can be amazing and scary, but only if the design is good, and of course if the story works. I don't have the money to donate to any of these random Kickstarters, I wish I did, but I'll keep tabs to see if this goes anywhere. If it turns out well, I'd sure buy whatever comes out of this.

Only got 8days left and its just shy of 50%, wanting to spread the word so it can get made.
From the concpept images the creatures do look really good.

I'm still waiting for a release date. Should be somewhere in 2015 according to IMDB. I can't wait for this.

it looks fine. I can't say much b/c i know it's a low budget film but boy, I wish they worked around the cinematography.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"