Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkady Rossovich

Superhero
Reaction score
Well,i doubt it's too early to begin discussions on the last HP film. Since Half-Blood Prince is almost finished,how would this be done? Or rather,what would you expect to see? I know one thing..there will be plenty of deaths..

Close enough. Let's re-open this.

4/26/09

Last edited:
People were requesting this thread, so here it is. Surprised it hasn't beem made yet:yay:

Hopefully this doesn't get merged into the HBP thread like past attempts at "Deathly Hallows" threads. DH is well into filming now. It deserves its own thread.

I told arkady before he was banned that I would reopen his thread closer to HBP's release. Merging with the old DH thread.

I think it is a little goofy that they are splitting this up into 2 movies.

Yeah I agree. They're in the country for a substansial part of the book! :/

I've said it before and I'll say it again, while it may not have been the longest book, Goblet of Fire had the longest narrative and would've been the only book that needed two movies. I really don't see why DH needed 2 other than a way to cash in for Warners before their most profitable franchise goes a float..

GOF was crap. Aside from Voldemort being ressurected, it was just a great big bore of a story. Two films werent necessary. Deathly Hallows was a fantastic book, and if two films means that less is cut, then I give it :up::up:

Was it that dream sequence that they kissed? I havent read the book from beginning to end for a year and a half.

not sure if anybody cares but here's my vision of DH:part 2 teaser poster

3477368469_33e8d8f308_o.png

Goddammit, triple post!

Last edited:
Well,i doubt it's too early to begin discussions on the last HP film. Since Half-Blood Prince is almost finished,how would this be done? Or rather,what would you expect to see? I know one thing..there will be plenty of deaths..

Son of a *****! :cmad:

I was going to make this thread!

PS, Harry has green eyes hobo.

GOF was crap. Aside from Voldemort being ressurected, it was just a great big bore of a story. Two films werent necessary. Deathly Hallows was a fantastic book, and if two films means that less is cut, then I give it :up::up:

I'm pretty surprised, this is the first time I've heard someone say this about GOF. I've heard OOTP called boring (even though it was one of my favorites), but I've never heard it applied to Goblet. In fact, Goblet easily hs the most action out of any of the books except DH.

Was it that dream sequence that they kissed? I havent read the book from beginning to end for a year and a half.

It was
when the horocrux in the locket manifested itself into Harry and Hermione in an attempt to get Ron to attack Harry.

It was an illusion of Harry and Hermione emanated from the locket to taunt Ron in the forest before he destroyed it.

beat me to it. But besides keeping it for the H/Hr shippers (myself one of them), it was a good moment that was really built up the last few books with Ron's jealousy and insecurities. Plus I think most would agree, while it may end up [BLACKOUT]R/Hr[/BLACKOUT], Dan and Emma have all the chemistry in the movies and it would be great to see that paid off.

Last edited:
It was an illusion of Harry and Hermione emanated from the locket to taunt Ron in the forest before he destroyed it.

beat me to it. But besides keeping it for the H/Hr shippers (myself one of them), it was a good moment that was really built up the last few books with Ron's jealousy and insecurities. Plus I think most would agree, while it may end up [blackout]R/Hr[/blackout], Dan and Emma have all the chemistry in the movies and it would be great to see that paid off.

I think part of the reason that is is because Ron keeps getting dumbed down to be more of a comic relief. They make him seem like more of a pansy to make scenes funnier. Not only that, but Columbus seemed to have a hard on for Hermione's character and ended up giving her a lot of lines that were Ron's in the book. And since then, the film makers have been kind of shunting Ron to the side to give more of the spotlight to Harry/Hermione (out of the trio).

I think part of the reason that is is because Ron keeps getting dumbed down to be more of a comic relief. They make him seem like more of a pansy to make scenes funnier. Not only that, but Columbus seemed to have a hard on for Hermione's character and ended up giving her a lot of lines that were Ron's in the book. And since then, the film makers have been kind of shunting Ron to the side to give more of the spotlight to Harry/Hermione (out of the trio).

True, Ron's a bit of a joke in the movies which is a shame considering his overall importance in Harry's life but I wouldn't call it a far cry from the books either. Shipping preferences aside, I found it very hard to like Ron considering his action in GoF and especially DH. Hermione was always Harry's rock even though Ron was considered the "best friend." Dan and Emma maybe getting the spotlight in the movies but it's only proved stronger in the books.

I'm pretty surprised, this is the first time I've heard someone say this about GOF. I've heard OOTP called boring (even though it was one of my favorites), but I've never heard it applied to Goblet. In fact, Goblet easily hs the most action out of any of the books except DH.

Like, okay... I guess it's not a bad book. It's just my least favorite out of the final five. Sure, the action was fine, but there wasnt much story there for me until the last few chapters.

And the adaptation was pretty meh. I expected much more from the return of Voldemort. Ralph Fiennes was great and all, but when I read it in the book I had a chill creeping up my spine. The movie? Not so much.

True, Ron's a bit of a joke in the movies which is a shame considering his overall importance in Harry's life but I wouldn't call it a far cry from the books either. Shipping preferences aside, I found it very hard to like Ron considering his action in GoF and especially DH. Hermione was always Harry's rock even though Ron was considered the "best friend." Dan and Emma maybe getting the spotlight in the movies but it's only proved stronger in the books.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying Rupert is completely off as his performance as Ron, but they tend to have Ron be more of the "watch him react to the scary situations and laugh at it" guy, and they really short change Ron's bravery, because in the books, Ron was always very brave. He still is in the movies, but they cheapen it a bit with all the little reactions they have him do in the tense situations.

And I do agree that Hermione always stood by Harry, however, I don't know if I'd call her his "rock." So to speak. She's always supported him, but Harry can only put up with her for so long before they start wearing thin on each others nerves, as was shown in GOF and DH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"