Has the MCU peaked?

So now it's incel talk to want to see a F4 movie about the team rather than Sue? Or a Moon Knight show but rather Scarab is the star? Or Loki in his show............I guess that's wrong.

Was GOTG3 not about the team despite being mostly focused on Rocket? Moon Knight and Loki were also both the stars of their shows. Check the screen time. Your claim has no merit

Last edited:
Also to further show how dumb the Scarlet Scarab or Sylvie were the stars of those shows argument was, per a screentime breakdown from IMDB, which maybe it's accurate maybe it isnt.... but it's probably at least close and the general point is made:

Moon Knight:
Moon Knight - 175mins 30sec
Scarlet Scarab - 53mins 15secs

Loki:
Loki - 131mins 15secs
Sylvie - 73mins 15secs

Double the screen time almost in both cases. It's a baseless argument.

Last edited:
Every team movie always has a focus character (or a couple of them). Avengers is focused on Tony and Cap. It's still about the team. GotG is focused on Quill. It's still about the team. DoFP is focused on Mystique and Xavier. It's still about the team.

If news stories had said this movie revolves around Reed, some people might be bemoaning that because they like one of the other characters more, but absolutely no one would be claiming that means the movie won't really be about the team. The fact that anyone seriously makes such an idiotic claim just because the movie is focused on Sue is, yes, the literal definition of Incel bs.

I've always thought of Sue as being the heart of the FF anyway so her being the focal character of the film doesn't strike me as being something out of the ordinary.

Honestly, I think the people complaining about that rumor, along with those complaing of the MCU becoming woke, aren't even Marvel fans but just randos who feel the need to reinforce their persecution complex.

It’s not the end of the world if Sue gets 10 more minutes of screen or story, if that even happens. Sue conceptually ties the team together even if she was more ignored in past adaptations, which weren’t great even if they were more male-centric.

Much like Star Wars most of the screen time and lines in aggregate will go to the male characters. I see no reason to expect otherwise unlike when most the characters in a movie or TV show are women.

I think a less is more approach post-the Marvels would work wonders for them. The MCU as it is, is still salvageable unlike DCEU or any film franchises out there that are losing steam.

Its too bad, they would still have to release What If?, Echo, Agatha: Coven of Chaos and Ironheart. And even if people don't watch those shows or don't have a Disney+, they show up in a lot of online ads in my eXperience. Plus those Sony movies (Kraven, Venom, Madame Web) would also damper the Marvel brand as a whole if they aren't good.

Two mcu movies in 2024 though would be a first since 2016.

NOW it's ok to talk about Marvel falling off? :hmm:
It was always been fine to criticise the MCU. Brandon, the guy in the video, actually bring up legit gripes and concerns. And he still very much likes the MCU. Your biggest complaints had to do with Marvel being "woke" and erasing males. It's not the same thing.

I still have SOME interest in the MCU, so I'm not ready to give up on just yet. That being said, I haven't paid much attention to the main storyline since Endgame. I check backed in for Black Panther 2 and She-Hulk, and the latter was really just for Daredevil. I even got around to watching Werewolf by Night which is some of the best MCU stuff I've seen post-Endgame. Next up, I plan on checking out Echo. The trailer was cool. Maybe the show will be too.

To answer your question: I don't really think that the MCU has peaked, but it is running on low steam. I believe there's STILL potential for good stories. But the "It's All Connected" stuff has LONG since run it's course. Not everything has to be on a grand scale or be a part of the larger MCU, which is why I'm hoping we see more street-level/supernatural Marvel stories.

Last edited:
Phase 3 is a peak for now at least. Will take a while and a fair amount of skilled planning and execution to get back to that level (no guarantee they will).

Endgame is pretty hard to follow. 2.7 billion plus worldwide. All those characters in an almost 3 hour movie. That 90%+ rt rating. Also the MCU had great reputation prior to Endgame. Just look at rotten tomatoes. 23 films without a rotten rating. But with just under a dozen of films for the Multiverse Saga - Eternals and Quantumania are already below 50%. If those were tv series, it would be easier to ignore them but those are feature films released in the cinemas.

Though I believe just because something stumbles, it doesn't mean, its lost forever. I'd like to see Secret Wars become as successful as Endgame and No Way Home, and end the Multiverse Saga in a great note.

I still say that the MCU is fine and certain people are overreacting.
Notice I not once mentioned woke but yet you have people in this thread coming at me for questioning the direction of the MCU. Mind you I'm black and the way it's going makes absolute no sense but I've been accused of being a troll despite me asking serious questions and making predictions and when they come true, I'm mocking the MCU. I feel your pain man! I'm a Marvel zombie who loves comic book movies but it's the direction they are going which is the wrong way that is pushing fans away and using Z list characters that absolutely NO ONE wants but now speaking the truth gets you labeled.

Notice I not once mentioned woke but yet you have people in this thread coming at me for questioning the direction of the MCU. Mind you I'm black and the way it's going makes absolute no sense but I've been accused of being a troll despite me asking serious questions and making predictions and when they come true, I'm mocking the MCU. I feel your pain man! I'm a Marvel zombie who loves comic book movies but it's the direction they are going which is the wrong way that is pushing fans away and using Z list characters that absolutely NO ONE wants but now speaking the truth gets you labeled.
On this very page, I quoted a post of yours where you declared Loki was about Sylvie and Moon Knight was about Scarlet Scarab, and comments like this are why you're being labeled. Not because you're saying the MCU is struggling or making smart, intellectual points. It's the lack of those mixed with troll like comments and claims like that which are why people are jumping on you. So stop blaming everyone else and look in the mirror

Like this gem?
Dude how is that trolling? Please tell me cause i really want to know. Replacing established male heroes with females one when they have plenty of strong female characters. It's crazy to think that almost every original Avenger has been sex changed with the exception of Black Widow but for some reason, we are not allowed to say it outloud even though people who are not comic fans are asking the exact same question.

On this very page, I quoted a post of yours where you declared Loki was about Sylvie and Moon Knight was about Scarlet Scarab, and comments like this are why you're being labeled. Not because you're saying the MCU is struggling or making smart, intellectual points. It's the lack of those mixed with troll like comments and claims like that which are why people are jumping on you. So stop blaming everyone else and look in the mirror
I saw your posts but ignored it because no matter my answer, you will see it as trolling no matter what but if you go on ANY forum on ANY site and read the comment section and people are having the same complaints. Now it is showing in the box office and it's the same response: It's cause you are racist or incel even though I'm black but some how I'm a racist now. I've been on this site since 2002 and have always been a model citizen who always posted his love for comics, movies and tv shows but now i see a trend that some are still in denial about but some how I'm made to look like a troll. Say what you want about the MCU but it IS losing it's male audience trying to capture a female audience who isn't supporting it either. Are they misogynists because despite the Marvels bombing more men are showed up than women. The women don't like the direction either.

I have seen some videos on this:

I think it's fair to say that the MCU is not delivering the hits like it did in the past. They really need to cut down the amount of products, tone down the humor because it's getting annoying, and undercut any drama that occurs, make more stand-alone films that do not rely on interconnections. Maybe not every character like Captain Marvel or Ant-Man can carry a movie series on their own or they at least needed way stronger scripts to make up for being more obscure than say Spider-Man or Iron Man. MCU comes off as a machine pumping out movies that all feel the same and feel overproduced, where special effects are supposed to take the place of actual good storytelling.

I saw your posts but ignored it because no matter my answer, you will see it as trolling no matter what but if you go on ANY forum on ANY site and read the comment section and people are having the same complaints. Now it is showing in the box office and it's the same response: It's cause you are racist or incel even though I'm black but some how I'm a racist now. I've been on this site since 2002 and have always been a model citizen who always posted his love for comics, movies and tv shows but now i see a trend that some are still in denial about but some how I'm made to look like a troll. Say what you want about the MCU but it IS losing it's male audience trying to capture a female audience who isn't supporting it either. Are they misogynists because despite the Marvels bombing more men are showed up than women. The women don't like the direction either.
Your posts in this thread say everything I need to know. If you don't want the perception of being an incel or a troll, then don't say trollish things. I am in plenty of threads on this forum discussing the current state of Marvel Studios, and there are plenty of people who have intelligent reasons for why they're struggling. Guess how many of them I call out as trolls? None. Cause well reasoned arguments are well reasoned. When you say crap like "Loki was about Sylvie and Moon Knight was about Scarlet Scarab" which are claims that are just not true, you are showing me exactly who you are. And that is nowhere near the only example of you making points like this. You want that perception to change? Start presenting better arguments than crap like that.

Dude how is that trolling? Please tell me cause i really want to know. Replacing established male heroes with females one when they have plenty of strong female characters. It's crazy to think that almost every original Avenger has been sex changed with the exception of Black Widow but for some reason, we are not allowed to say it outloud even though people who are not comic fans are asking the exact same question.

So if the new Hawkeye was a dude, then people would like the MCU more?

See, this is why people are calling you a troll. Like I said in prior post, look in the mirror cause you only have yourself to blame for how people perceive you

IMHO the Multiverse angle isn't working.

I don't give two ****s about them meeting the Fox-Verse X-Men. I want Marvel Studios to do their own X-Men already. Do your own X-Men and your own Fantastic Four. Stop trying to force square pegs into round holes.

The Multiverse is a cheap gimmick. It worked once in Spider-Man: No Way Home, and they didn't have a good follow-up to it. It was an even cheaper gimmick in Multiverse of Madness.

Tying in the interstellar jump points from The Marvels into the Multiverse was also lazy, and it didn't help The Marvels.

Is that the case though? It seems unfair to me to reduce a character like She-Hulk to just being the female version of the Hulk when she has been a major character in the comics and has had her own identity since the 80's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"