Missed MCU Opportunities

I feel like we could've gotten a War Machine movie. Kinda bugs me that we haven't so far.

I feel like we could've gotten a War Machine movie. Kinda bugs me that we haven't so far.
Now that you mention it, he's actually the only recurring character that hasn't got a "solo project" yet.

Could be interesting, in fact. Maybe the chances have increased now that he's the only hero left in an armored flying metallic suit.

Last edited:
I wish we had gotten to see Odin do some kind of crazy display of power in at least one of the Thor movies. Maybe a flashback to when he defeated Surtur or something...

As it stands, it's a real shame that the All-Father's sum total of feats in the MCU is killing a few fodder Frost Giants and Dark Elves.

The MCU never explored that part of Bruce's personality.
I would've preferred if they had done that, like I wanted in previous movies as well:

Age Of Ultron: Not delving into Banner's backstory with his abusive dad.

Endgame: Not building on Banner into him becoming Professor Hulk, with dealing with his childhood trauma of the death of his mom at the hands of his dad and how that's fractured his psyche.

That was the drawback of the five-year timeskip. That whole issue with Hulk/Banner was resolved offscreen and we never got to see or experience it.

That was the drawback of the five-year timeskip. That whole issue with Hulk/Banner was resolved offscreen and we never got to see or experience it.
I think they could've pulled off the time skip and dealing with it. Like Bruce blames himself for the Hulk not being there to help, so he's been trying to with science all this time. Only to realize throughout the movie that the issue is more psychological.

I think the 'eureka' moment (learning to treat Hulk like a solution instead of a problem) should have happened at the battle of Wakanda in IW, and then Bruce could use the 5 year gap to science his way, on the basis of that central insight we already saw him achieve, to being reliably smart and strong together.

I also still wonder if that wasn't the original plan, given the IW trailer shot of Hulk bursting out of the Hulkbuster suit.

However, I can also sort of see how that might have been problematic for the rest of that film. IW really had to struggle to maintain the lean storyline focus that made it what it was (and I love it for what it is), so greatly expanding Hulk's arc could have seriously bogged it down. Not to mention the potential tonal clash of Hulk hitting rock bottom, having his great epiphany and fighting his way back to heroism only to immediately lose to Thanos again and have to watch Thanos destroy half of all life in the universe...

I wish, we could’ve had more Crossbones. Do you see potential projects, where he could show up again?

I'm obviously biased here but no Captain Britain at all. Flawed as it was there was room in Thor 2 for a nod somewhere.

Yep, reeeeaaalllly looking forward to that. Hopefully we get some kind of confirmation on Rockwell's return as although it's certainly not a make or break thing for me to not have his Hammer in it would be such a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"