Has their ever been a serialized genre show that was liked ALL the way through?

blackdragon6

Sidekick
Reaction score
Yes, i know there's no one show that was ever universally liked all the way through, but

I noticed that with serialized shows, there tends to be more disgruntled viewers. People seem to be impatient with longform story telling and world building. Usually complaining about plot points dragging too long, and too much time on character relationships (especially if it's family), and other "soap opera" stuff. Some of the complaint i agree with...others...ehhh not so much. Tv shows that get these complaints are Colony (unfortunately cancelled), LOST, The Marvel TV shows, The Walking Dead, The Expanse, Game of Thrones and a bunch of other similar shows. Usually around season 2 or 3 people starts to get antsy about progression, deaths, lack of reveals, or answers (whatever that may be).

I think with serialized TV it gets tricky balancing long form storytelling, and action (why do you think Law & Order lasted so long? it was episodic and simplistic, as opposed to a show like The Wire which struggled to get to season 5).

without a doubt...

Breaking Bad...

it progressively got better and better with each season... PERIOD!

Yeah I would say Breaking Bad. Can’t think of a more recent show but I agree Breaking Bad was as universally liked when it ended as when it began (probably even more so)

But there are people now who hate the last season of Breaking Bad for randomly having nazis be the final boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"