Hasbro…Up to Ares Wave

Series 1-Annihilus Wave. ---Annihilus was solid as a BAF but the rest of this series was massively weak. Really a bad start for Hasbro after the huge build up. Hercules was the only bright spot but his smile and inability to hold his weapon hurt the figure. Emma frost was beyond terrible.
4/10 (For a decent Iron Man and Annilhilus, only)

Series 2- Blob Wave- An improvement over the first wave but also a step back in someways. The "el-bros" and Hasbro's style of articulation showed up in Thor and was terrible. X3 Jean was god awful, Ultimate Wolvy was worse. Juggernaut was pretty weak, should have been bigger and look more menacing. Blob was terrific but the prototype was painted much better.
6/10 because of the over abundance of X3 figures (hated the movie, thought it was a disgrace) and Ultimate Wolvy. Thor's articulation made it to be a weak figure.

Series 3- Ronan Wave. Since I don't really care much at all for the Fantastic Four, this wave was all about Doom and Silver Surfer for me. Reed was ok, but I have a stretched out reed that was an ACCESSORY from the F4 movie line, not the main figure. Namor was craptastic and I prefer the old ML2 one. Thing was meh---I prefer Thing to be bigger. Ronan would have been better with better elbows. Only cared for Doom and Silver Surfer out of the whole thing.
7/10 for a the concept and having a whole team, supporting characters, and villains in an entire series. An updated Doom and Silver Surfer that were amazing but the half-flamed Torch (pick one or the other!!!), weak Sue, and terrible Namor kept this wave down for me.

Series 4- Spider-Man Wave--- A good idea but the BAF was terrible and there were too many re-uses. My buddy just got into collecting in the last year or so and this was his first full wave and loved it, so I give it some credit. I only picked up the amazing Venom and Harry Osborne. Harry could have been better with an alternate head and slightly better articulation, but is still a solid figure. If the BAF was the Sandman unleashed figure, this wave would have been a solid 7 or 8, but the crappy BAF, crappy Sandman figure, and multiple re-uses (they didn't even give Green Goblin the stand for his glider) gives this wave a 5.

Series 5- Brood Queen Series- This was a pretty decent series. I regret not getting Captain America and Bucky now. I think this was largely a very successful wave and a push in the right direction. Cyclops was by far my favorite and Black Knight, despite his hasbro articulation, was a pleasant surprise. Solid series, solid line up.
7 of 10 (solid, but nothing stellar)

Series 6- Fing Fang Foom Series--- I have mixed feelings about this series. The price was a bit much for me. I didn't really care much for Fing Fang Foom in general and didn't want it (especially for the price). King Hulk is a phenomenal figure and one of the best, if not the best, version of the Hulk ever made. The other hulk figures in this series were sorta blah. The non-hulk figures were even more so blah because their articulation was so off. I'm probably going to go grab son of hulk because I've been so undecided about him. I think the series was probably great for hardcore Hulk fans and those who really wanted Foom (not me). I only saw Savage She-Hulk once and would have considered getting her if not for the price (easy female fodder). I give it a 8 out of 10 for Hulk fans, 5 out of 10 for me.

Series 7- Red Hulk Wave- A solid wave. Solid characters, decent variants. Best Spider-Man figure made thus far, I think. Black costume Wolverine was very welcomed. Silver Savage was a weird bonus as was Union Jack. I hated Adam Warlock and Spiral---so much that I gave Warlock away and just bought Rulk's head. Rulk is amazing---so much that I withdraw my statement that King Hulk was the best Hulk. Rulk is the best hulk figure ever made and needs to be the base for all future Hulk figures.
9/10. Would have been 10 but I hated Warlock and Spiral.

Series 8- Ares Wave- I was really crazy about this series coming out. I love Ares and when I saw Kang was being released, I went nuts. I had traded about 4 figures to get Kang back when he was first released to trade to FTB. I loved Kang but needed to fulfill my trade to FTB. So I traded it to FTB and then he ended up trading it back to me a few months later. 2 days after getting it, I leave it standing on my desk. I go to use the bathroom. I come back, my brother's stupid dog came in my room, snagged kang, and turned it into a mess of plastic within 2 minutes. Arm broken, face deformed, foot and leg gone. So having a second chance at Kang was awesome.
Anyways, I have hardly seen this wave. I've seen it in a store once. I got the whole set through a trade. I had to wait a few days to open it. The brightest spots are Kang, Crossbones, either Human Torch, and surprisingly Vision. I originally didn't want Vision, but I think this one works amazingly well. Spider-Man and War Machine I'd argue are the worst. Spidey has a pre-posed webshooter hand (something I think should be reserved for the Spider-Man line), and War-Machine is just a repaint---no added guns or anything. Guardian and Iron Man are acceptable. Ares was a slight let down as his elbow articulation is CRAP. And maybe it's just mine, but his head is always looking slightly down. Great figure though, one that I've wanted for a while. Needs an ax, though, and I will be using the one that comes with DCUC's Ares or Lord Thor's ax if I can find it.
Overall- 7.5 out of 10. Spider-Man should have been in the Spider-Man line and War Machine needed SOMETHING. I will bump it to a 9 because I got Kang.

Exclusives---
Stan Lee, She Hulk, Savage Land, and Sunfire are amazing exclusives and stuff we probably never would have seen with Toybiz. The others all suck. Stan Lee/Spider-Man is probably one of the best figures I've ever purchased.
7/10

Series 9- Nemesis Wave- Skipping this wave unless I find the variant Daredevil or Punisher. May pick up the BAF on ebay.

Two packs--- Solid 10/10 from what I've seen. Best stuff Hasbro has put out.

The Hasbro figures are certainly getting better, but I wish they were more consistent. I mean, look at the Target Exclusive wave. Black Spidey has the Toybiz double elbows and knees, but then Adam Warlock has the stupid Hasbro swivel elbows and knees. Does that make any sense?! Why wouldn't they make them all the same?
Because Spider-man needs that kind of articulation and Adam Warlock doesn't. If you read up on the new Fury files guys that is actually what Hasbro thinks.

Made it up myself. From the comments about the first TF movie.

Series 1-Annihilus Wave. ---Annihilus was solid as a BAF but the rest of this series was massively weak. Really a bad start for Hasbro after the huge build up. Hercules was the only bright spot but his smile and inability to hold his weapon hurt the figure. Emma frost was beyond terrible.
4/10 (For a decent Iron Man and Annilhilus, only)

Series 2- Blob Wave- An improvement over the first wave but also a step back in someways. The "el-bros" and Hasbro's style of articulation showed up in Thor and was terrible. X3 Jean was god awful, Ultimate Wolvy was worse. Juggernaut was pretty weak, should have been bigger and look more menacing. Blob was terrific but the prototype was painted much better.
6/10 because of the over abundance of X3 figures (hated the movie, thought it was a disgrace) and Ultimate Wolvy. Thor's articulation made it to be a weak figure.

Series 3- Ronan Wave. Since I don't really care much at all for the Fantastic Four, this wave was all about Doom and Silver Surfer for me. Reed was ok, but I have a stretched out reed that was an ACCESSORY from the F4 movie line, not the main figure. Namor was craptastic and I prefer the old ML2 one. Thing was meh---I prefer Thing to be bigger. Ronan would have been better with better elbows. Only cared for Doom and Silver Surfer out of the whole thing.
7/10 for a the concept and having a whole team, supporting characters, and villains in an entire series. An updated Doom and Silver Surfer that were amazing but the half-flamed Torch (pick one or the other!!!), weak Sue, and terrible Namor kept this wave down for me.

Series 4- Spider-Man Wave--- A good idea but the BAF was terrible and there were too many re-uses. My buddy just got into collecting in the last year or so and this was his first full wave and loved it, so I give it some credit. I only picked up the amazing Venom and Harry Osborne. Harry could have been better with an alternate head and slightly better articulation, but is still a solid figure. If the BAF was the Sandman unleashed figure, this wave would have been a solid 7 or 8, but the crappy BAF, crappy Sandman figure, and multiple re-uses (they didn't even give Green Goblin the stand for his glider) gives this wave a 5.

Series 5- Brood Queen Series- This was a pretty decent series. I regret not getting Captain America and Bucky now. I think this was largely a very successful wave and a push in the right direction. Cyclops was by far my favorite and Black Knight, despite his hasbro articulation, was a pleasant surprise. Solid series, solid line up.
7 of 10 (solid, but nothing stellar)

Series 6- Fing Fang Foom Series--- I have mixed feelings about this series. The price was a bit much for me. I didn't really care much for Fing Fang Foom in general and didn't want it (especially for the price). King Hulk is a phenomenal figure and one of the best, if not the best, version of the Hulk ever made. The other hulk figures in this series were sorta blah. The non-hulk figures were even more so blah because their articulation was so off. I'm probably going to go grab son of hulk because I've been so undecided about him. I think the series was probably great for hardcore Hulk fans and those who really wanted Foom (not me). I only saw Savage She-Hulk once and would have considered getting her if not for the price (easy female fodder). I give it a 8 out of 10 for Hulk fans, 5 out of 10 for me.

Series 7- Red Hulk Wave- A solid wave. Solid characters, decent variants. Best Spider-Man figure made thus far, I think. Black costume Wolverine was very welcomed. Silver Savage was a weird bonus as was Union Jack. I hated Adam Warlock and Spiral---so much that I gave Warlock away and just bought Rulk's head. Rulk is amazing---so much that I withdraw my statement that King Hulk was the best Hulk. Rulk is the best hulk figure ever made and needs to be the base for all future Hulk figures.
9/10. Would have been 10 but I hated Warlock and Spiral.

Series 8- Ares Wave- I was really crazy about this series coming out. I love Ares and when I saw Kang was being released, I went nuts. I had traded about 4 figures to get Kang back when he was first released to trade to FTB. I loved Kang but needed to fulfill my trade to FTB. So I traded it to FTB and then he ended up trading it back to me a few months later. 2 days after getting it, I leave it standing on my desk. I go to use the bathroom. I come back, my brother's stupid dog came in my room, snagged kang, and turned it into a mess of plastic within 2 minutes. Arm broken, face deformed, foot and leg gone. So having a second chance at Kang was awesome.
Anyways, I have hardly seen this wave. I've seen it in a store once. I got the whole set through a trade. I had to wait a few days to open it. The brightest spots are Kang, Crossbones, either Human Torch, and surprisingly Vision. I originally didn't want Vision, but I think this one works amazingly well. Spider-Man and War Machine I'd argue are the worst. Spidey has a pre-posed webshooter hand (something I think should be reserved for the Spider-Man line), and War-Machine is just a repaint---no added guns or anything. Guardian and Iron Man are acceptable. Ares was a slight let down as his elbow articulation is CRAP. And maybe it's just mine, but his head is always looking slightly down. Great figure though, one that I've wanted for a while. Needs an ax, though, and I will be using the one that comes with DCUC's Ares or Lord Thor's ax if I can find it.
Overall- 7.5 out of 10. Spider-Man should have been in the Spider-Man line and War Machine needed SOMETHING. I will bump it to a 9 because I got Kang.

Exclusives---
Stan Lee, She Hulk, Savage Land, and Sunfire are amazing exclusives and stuff we probably never would have seen with Toybiz. The others all suck. Stan Lee/Spider-Man is probably one of the best figures I've ever purchased.
7/10

Series 9- Nemesis Wave- Skipping this wave unless I find the variant Daredevil or Punisher. May pick up the BAF on ebay.

Two packs--- Solid 10/10 from what I've seen. Best stuff Hasbro has put out.

WOW...Very nice reviews Saint! Very sincere and objective obout the waves. That is what I call constructive critizism!!! I love that!

Just FYI...If you still want Bucky and cap from the Brood Queen series...I have them MOC..... they can go for 5 or 6 bucks each! Let me know.

I am really exited about these two last waves... This week I will be getting my Ares wave and I will post pics over the weekend at my thread. The Red hulk wave, I should get it by december... But that wave looks so nice. I just go to marvellegends.net to see the pics of these two waves!

I am in love again with the Marvel legends line. I was loosing hope in it, but these series have taken me home again!!! :woot:

Heh, I don't think it was very objective criticism. I could have gone more into detail. I'm sure many would disagree with me about figures like Spiral.

BTW, I may be interested in Cap and Bucky. I think my walmart may still have one or both on their clearance rack.

Saw a Ben Reilly from the Ares wave... (Finally I was able to buy a Walmart exclusive... *sniff* I feel so great!! I can't believe I found anything after the post turkey day friday sales...)
Now for the Review...
Accessories... 3/5 Just the Ares Right arm BaF piece... Not something crappy like Heroes Reborn Ironman... Swords and Helmet... Now that is just as bad as separating the hands from the arms of Blob... But Spider-Ben has an arm...

Figure... 4/5: It is a nice figure... that needed a bit more artic (IMHO), but it is very articulated for a Hasbro fig. The fig has no shading or drybrushing, but it doesn't need it.
There are some errors on his design... (there were 3 Spider-Bens at WalMart and all 3 had them...) On the right hand which is closed in a fist...(Seriously no dual THWIP! Hands?) All fingers are red. The web pattern on his feet is not rounded so it isn't as accurate. The head looks like a more modern Spidey than the Ben Reilly Spidey... So I'll have to see if the head of the Superposeable Todd MacFarlane Spidey that Hasbro rereleased on the Spidey line can be used on this body.

Unfortunately this figure has the Hasbro Wrists and ankles, which kinda limit the poseability... and will make it a pain in the butt to change the hands... (If anyone knows how to deal with Hasbro wrists for customizing please help me...)

I love the fig even with its flaws. (cause most of them are fixed easily.) And I'm able to replace the poorly Articulated 90s-esque SMC Ben Reilly that had no web shooters... So thanks Hasbro...

You found it hre in PR???? Where Doc OCK??? Where?

Incredibly enough At Wal-Mart Plaza Escorial... (which IMO has the worst Re-stocking of all Wal-Marts in PR... The one at Caguas usually restocks better... but not always.) Hopefully they've restocked at Escorial... (I need Guardian... and Kang and most of the wave...) but I can't make any guarantees that they'll be there... They usually replace Most of MLs with Spider-Man 3 toys... (Which I hope that they don't...)

Hasbro ruined marvel legends for me..ive got all the toy biz ones and most are great...hasbro look like cheap kiddy toys. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"