Haters Gonna Hate...We Should Appreciate That

20+ posts and no pics?

hatersgonnapanda.jpg

I agree with what Cal said, there is a difference between differing opinions, and those that continue to rip on something to garner a reaction. But it does lead into what JAK said in which I agree with in part of what he is saying.

JAK®;19177200 said:
Hating something isn't as healthy as liking something. That's psychology.

It's true that some people mistake concern or annoyance for outright hate, however.

In the real world most would say constantly complaining about something, or hating on something is actually unhealthy for you. Yet on the internet, all you see is primarily hate, through either jealousy, or hiding behind anonymity they garner a vast ego. If I hate football, I don't go to a football game and run around screaming Football sucks. If I did, I'm sure most would say I need a straight jacket.

However on the internet this seems to be (not in a good way) a norm. I agree that one should express their opinions and I would say most of the posters on here are great like that. However there are many that just spend their entire time going into a forum of something they don't like to constantly complain about something that can't be changed. To me that is bordering on "hating".

And I agree there can be people that don't allow others to express their opinions and respect them. I admit I've had moments of weakness and was bull headed, but most of the time if some one with a civil tounge explains they did not care for something and gave good reasons for it I'm cool with that.

But on these boards I notice anything that becomes popular, some just want to hate it because of that simple fact. But if one really does not care for it I think they usually express their opinion here and there about their dislikes but usually stay away from things they don't like.

Example I did not like Avatar. I gave my opinions for a few days about my dislike for it, however I don't spend my time in that thread, or go to Avatar forums just to complain again and again and again and again on it. Just as going to a football game all the time if I don't care for it would seem pointless. I think haters seem to be those ones that constantly "dislike" something and feel that they need to let some one know about it all the time. Why would you spend so much time and energy on something you dislike? But oh well.

But I agree there is a vast difference between having an argument and sharing ones opinions, to those that really just come in all the time because they want a reaction. I've seen it a lot all over. But there are a select few members that are doing this constantly. But I would say a vast majority of people on here are good at just being civil and expressing their fears or dislikes. However there are the few that don't do this IMO but they are few and far in between.

I don't think arguing about a movie you don't like is necessarily unhealthy. At the end of the day, that poster (if he is not trolling) is probably passionate about that particular character or franchise, so they're just venting frustration. That is more healthy than bottling up frustration.

But, I don't see people making that distinction between what is trolling and criticism. To too many people here, all criticism is trolling. That is stupid. It's ridiculous I get personally attacked for my opinion. I'd rather people argue my points than argue the validity of my right to post negative points about something. Continually telling me to go away as opposed to disagreeing with me I feel is as much trolling as just making threads constantly for your own negative opinion that is in no way unique or new.

There has been a lack of debating, overall. And even Community has been downright dead compared to what it was a couple of years ago. I say bring on the controversy!!

I don't think arguing about a movie you don't like is necessarily unhealthy. At the end of the day, that poster (if he is not trolling) is probably passionate about that particular character or franchise, so they're just venting frustration. That is more healthy than bottling up frustration.

But, I don't see people making that distinction between what is trolling and criticism. To too many people here, all criticism is trolling. That is stupid. It's ridiculous I get personally attacked for my opinion. I'd rather people argue my points than argue the validity of my right to post negative points about something. Continually telling me to go away as opposed to disagreeing with me I feel is as much trolling as just making threads constantly for your own negative opinion that is in no way unique or new.

Ehhh. There is a difference of saying you don't like something, either it be a movie or football or what ever, and debating it and making points. But to continually go into a place to constantly complain about something that can't be changed I would say is unhealthy. To be frustrated on how something you can't control or do anything about is not healthy for you.

For the second part of your post I agree for the most part, I don't think if your giving a good argument that you should be shooed away. But to me there is a line that some cross. Some just are looking more for reaction than actual debate, that is where the line is crossed to me.

Haha, what? Could you point out which part of my post you are referring to?

My entire post was a lighthearted joking reply to your various points.

At the part of your post that you said - that he was taking his complaints to a level further than just "Oh, hey, this part was not so good".....I said watch your language to joking imply that that minor extremely non-offensive remark was out of line....since you had implied earlier that I had implied that someone else's post had gone too far.

Ehhh. There is a difference of saying you don't like something, either it be a movie or football or what ever, and debating it and making points. But to continually go into a place to constantly complain about something that can't be changed I would say is unhealthy. To be frustrated on how something you can't control or do anything about is not healthy for you.

For the second part of your post I agree for the most part, I don't think if your giving a good argument that you should be shooed away. But to me there is a line that some cross. Some just are looking more for reaction than actual debate, that is where the line is crossed to me.

I wouldn't call that unhealthy because we all have frustrations we can't do anything about. That is life. It might be elections, people calling you continuously, etc. Isn't it healthier to discuss those frustrations than let them fade into the background and bottle up til you explode? Yes, I can't change a movie that was made, but I see no problem if someone offers constructive debate on the topic. If you're not breaking rules, does it matter if you keep posting there? Again, I don't see that as unhealthy.

I agree with Spider-Fan. Here lately, it seems like anyone who claims to have a negative opinion about anything gets jumped on. If a new still is released, and 20 people say they like it, and then two people say they don't like it, the dissenters get attacked by the others, who say "whiny fanboys are ruining the board" and the like. I find the negativity about the negativity more annoying than the negativity, and I'm a pretty laidback fan who almost never complains about anything.

I had a similar thing happen to me, SPider-Fan. I don't even need to explain it though. All I'm going to say is that I started to criticise Inception.

There has been a lack of debating, overall. And even Community has been downright dead compared to what it was a couple of years ago. I say bring on the controversy!!

You want controversy, close the religion and politics forum. This place will heat up with the light of a thousand exploding suns.

I had a similar thing happen to me, SPider-Fan. I don't even need to explain it though. All I'm going to say is that I started to criticise Inception.

Ha, if you think Inception was bad in terms of reactions to your criticism, try being someone who despised TDK :ninja:

I agree with Spider-Fan. Here lately, it seems like anyone who claims to have a negative opinion about anything gets jumped on. If a new still is released, and 20 people say they like it, and then two people say they don't like it, the dissenters get attacked by the others, who say "whiny fanboys are ruining the board" and the like. I find the negativity about the negativity more annoying than the negativity, and I'm a pretty laidback fan who almost never complains about anything.

That is what annoys me too. Why post about me being negative and personally attack me when you can argue with me and we can have a productive debate, no one gets mad, maybe we learn something, and everyone looks more credible?

You want controversy, close the religion and politics forum. This place will heat up with the light of a thousand exploding suns.

I don't think it is about controversy or endorsing chaos. To me, it is about being open to other opinions. I mean, why are we on this forum in the first place? Because we love comics/films/etc. We have opinions on them. We want to share them. Why is it then that we only listen to half the argument? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having an opinion? If we all had the same thoughts, feelings, etc. Then why are we here? On a message board, where it's about sharing DIFFERENT opinions.

I'm not promoting we just do random stuff to spice up the place. What I am saying is this partisanship we have on here lately needs to stop.

That's human nature man. Get into little groups and hate on other little groups.

Then human nature is WRONG!!! :cmad:

I find it funny that within the first couple of posts people started 'hatin' on others' posts and it became a typical 'I hated this / You're stupid.' kind of a thread.

I mentioned something similar to this in a WOLVERINE 2 (God please no!) thread.
At first I was kidding with my one liner posts, and was met with the response "Why post if you have nothing good to say."
a) I was surprised no one got I was kidding. b) If we all subscribed to 'if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything' then the entire Internets would be one giant e-cemetary.

I think everyone has the right to an opinion, but if they become so offended at being presented with an alternative opinion that they start attacking the person that offered it... well that's ****ed up yo.

Then human nature is WRONG!!! :cmad:

Evolution says otherwise.

As social animals go, we are highly successful. The reasons for this are because of our nature.

While it's admirable for us to aspire to rise above our nature, it's usually the perception of having to 'rally against the outsider' that pulls us together. We will put aside petty differences between family members if we percieve someone from the outside trying to cause harm to another family member. That's our nature.

It's not always bad.

Evolution says otherwise.

As social animals go, we are highly successful. The reasons for this are because of our nature.

While it's admirable for us to aspire to rise above our nature, it's usually the perception of having to 'rally against the outsider' that pulls us together. We will put aside petty differences between family members if we percieve someone from the outside trying to cause harm to another family member. That's our nature.

It's not always bad.

I was mostly joking :huh:

Except in regard to our nature of debating :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"