Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=21626

Romantic comedy with a difference
Source: Variety

3050.jpg
point.gif

point.gif

So, Empire had a dream last night in which Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson were fighting. And then we woke up this morning, and it turns out that it wasn’t a dream after all. Kinda. In our dream, there was a lot more jelly.

Anyway, the lovely Miss Hathaway and the gorgeous Ms. Hudson have been cast as battling brides in Bride Wars, a romantic comedy with a difference, to be directed by Gary Winick (director of 13 Going On 30).

And if you thought that Jennifer Garner rom-com was high-concept, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Bride Wars follows the fortunes of two best friends (Hathaway and Hudson) who turn into mortal enemies when their wedding dates clash. Rather than, y’know, sitting down as best friends would and calmly talking it through before moving one of the dates, they get their Bridezilla on and compete for the best venues, services and guests.

Could be very funny, indeed – a female Tin Men, if you will (or if you even remember that Richard Dreyfuss-Danny DeVito comedy. If not, check it out). Hathaway and Hudson have proven in the past that they’re adept at comedy, and as long as this has the courage of its convictions and goes into some dark areas, this could be very promising.

We’re not sure how it’s a romantic comedy at this stage. It’s unlikely that the Hudson and Hathaway characters will fall for each other, so we’re expecting two fairly big-name male leads to be added to the cast soon. As for Empire’s male contingent, we’re already sold. We’d watch Hudson and, particularly, the stunning Hathaway in just about anything. Even horrible dreams where, for example, a playful pillow fight turns into a zombie Armageddon.

20th Century Fox are stumping up the cash. Filming starts early next year.

Oh, women and gay men are gonna eat this **** up. I know I'll see it. I'd watch Hathaway in anything. :up:

"well... ...he probably thought your hair looked nice too..."

That's funny. I like Hathaway, even though I don't seem to share the lust for her that some guys do. I could get suckered into seeing this.

Romantic Comedy?

*brakes*

I may get dragged into seeing this; other than that, no go.

I always had the theory about Kate Hudson and why she's never on most guy's 'hot' radar.

It's because of her marriage to the guy from the 'Black Crows'. She got married so young, at the very start of her career, and I think that personally tainted my 'view' on her (for some reason). Samething with Catherine Zeta Jones, who got married early in her career, to Michael Douglas no less.

I'm going with Hathaway, one of those actresses who is not only beautiful but elegant.

Two great female leads, I'd spend 90 minutes with this flick. :up:

Last edited:
Oh, women and gay men are gonna eat this **** up. I know I'll see it. I'd watch Hathaway in anything. :up:

:funny: I think there is enough female hotness and comedy for us straight guys.

I always had the theory about Kate Hudson and why she's never on most guy's 'hot' radar.

It's because of her marriage to the guy from the 'Black Crows'. She got married so young, at the very start of her career, and I think that personally tainted my 'view' on her (for some reason). Samething with Catherine Zeta Jones, who got married early in her career, to Michael Douglas no less.

I'm going with Hathaway, one of those actresses who is not only beautiful but elegant.

She has always been on my radar but dating Dax Shepard was a point loss deal. :(

Agreed on Hathaway.

Hmmm....For some reason I was thinking Ernie Hudson.

-TNC

looks....ok........... for a chick flick

i didnt laugh at the trailer though

Hathaway's on a roll right now. Hopefully co-starring with Kate Hudson won't bring Anne down, since Hudson's record hasn't been so good over the last couple years.

Has Hudson been in a good movie since Almost Famous? Because I sure as hell can't think of one.

This sounds like crap, too.

I like Hathaway but Hudson is uggh...IMHO shes the kiss of death for movies. I'm sure it will make some change based on Hathaway's popularity though.

The trailer didn't get a chuckle out of me.

-TNC

I'm really excited to see this film :heart: Hopefully I have time to this weekend.

Frankly, I think she's not on guys' radar because she's in movies that no (straight) guy wants to see, except of course "Almost Famous". "Fool's Gold", "How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days", and now "Bride Wars"? Why does she only do chick flicks?

Frankly, I think she's not on guys' radar because she's in movies that no (straight) guy wants to see, except of course "Almost Famous". "Fool's Gold", "How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days", and now "Bride Wars"? Why does she only do chick flicks?

Agreed. She's a beautiful woman, one of the hottest in Hollywood IMO!

But her film choices have hindered her career.

I personally think Hathaway is overrated in both the looks and acting department.

I like that movie and I'll probably check this on DVD. :O

Hathaway's on a roll right now. Hopefully co-starring with Kate Hudson won't bring Anne down, since Hudson's record hasn't been so good over the last couple years.

Most people I know who are interested in this film LOVE Hudson. Hathaway has done her fair share of chick flicks/****** movies..."Ella Enchanted", anyone? :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"