Have we advanced as a society enough to admit Christmas work parties suck?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
The food is awful, the company is so boring, everyone has to be on their best behaviour and bosses use it as an excuse to not pay their workers what they deserve.

Sorry but Christmas work parties suck

My old firm used to put on elaborate holiday parties which were actually fun. People would dress up in suits and dresses. The food would be catered and there would be an open bar. The venue would be like a museum or something. My current company just did a pizza party during the lunch hour. Haha

I'm going to say "yay!" because: depending on how good we did during the year we get a bonus.

giphy.gif

Can’t lie OP, I enjoy the parties lol.

We were going to have our first Holiday Party since the pandemic but because Covid is surging where I live they canned it.

I was looking forward to it, my company usually goes all out on the party front. Good venues, good food, open bar with top shelf stuff. Beats the hell out of a potluck.

I’m very indifferent to them. I’ve only got one a handful of them and they’ve all just been kind of okay. Not bad but not great.

I've never been to an in-office holiday party, any job I've worked at always throws it at a nearby bar/restaurant. I didn't even go to my work party this year because I already had plans. Might have been able to but my job gave us a whopping 5 days advance notice. Apparently over half the people who were invited didn't go so it was just a poorly planned event.

I used to be all about them when I was in my 20's because I would just get sloshed on the company dime but I can't party that hard anymore without a copious amount of Advil and Gatorade the next day. :o

I didn't even get a gift card from my company this year so admittedly I'm kinda jaded...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"