Have you ever/how many times have you...

1. Taken off work or school to attend a comic book movie's opening day?

Never been at school or in a job when a cb movie has came out, I imagine I would have done at some point if i had been.

2. Gone to the midnight screening of a comic book movie?

Batman Begins. I usually go to the first showing in the morning in case I'm tired during a midnight showing. Friend bought me BB ticket after I'd bought a ticket for this already so I went to bed after mid BB and got up early for the 9.30am showing, then the 7pm later on that night.

3. Watched/taped/Tivo'ed some show you didn't care about b/c they'd promised to run a comic book movie trailer?

Yeah, taped TDK trailer of 'Richard and Judy' a crappt uk chat show. Taped X-Men trailer off a saturday morn kids show and watched it countless times, couldn't believe how good it looked. I watched teh X-Men cartoon as part of that show though. Look out for trailers on shows a lot.

4. Hoped beyond hope to catch a comic book movie trailer while waiting for a non-comic movie to start?

All the time, if one is pending natch. Usually am dispointed by non-appearance though, usually sit there thinking 'this is it now..', and it usually isn't. Recall not getting TDK before Hancock or Hulk, you'd expect to.
5. Searched the lobby of your local theater for comic book movie posters?

Not really.

6.Watched a comic book movie on cable even though you already had the DVD?

Yeah, I watched X2 the other week, flicked on tv, happened to be on, watched the lot.

7. Watched multiple behind-the-scenes specials about a particular comic book movie?

I have avoided some of these,trying to save myself for the movie. There was a Spider-man one just before the film came out i recall tearing myself away from.

8. Read both the comic adaptation AND the novelization?

Only comic book adaption I recall owning and reading was Batman '89. I flicked through the collection of the 90's Batman movies in the shop once, wouldn't buy them though.

9. Obtained/attempted to obtain a poster or other comic book memororabilia through illicit means?

Not really in the way you mean, and not myself by by proxy. I skipped school one afternoon with two friends during the Batmania of '89. One friend was determined to steal a rack of Batman magnets from a shop, so he did. He gave me a Joker, a Bat-signal and a Batmobile.
btw, loved that Iron-Man story.

10. Purposely gone to a movie you didn't really care about just to catch the superhero trailer you knew accompanied it.
I've never known what trailers are being shown with what movies in the UK to go tot see one specifically.

1. I'm not sure.

2. Yes, twice. The Dark Knight (with a friend) and S-M3. I was first in line at both. My friend was actually the one who brought up the idea of going at midnight for TDK. Also alot of other superhero films I saw on opening day such as S-M2, Iron Man, TIH, X-2, Punisher: WZ, and more.

3. I think back in '07 during Heroes, though, I don't hate the show, it just doesn't interest me that much. Anyway, I watched it so that i could see a clip of S-M3.

4. Yes, if I remeber correctly. However, I usually saw films i cared about (Superhero films) and not get a superhero film trailer.

5. Yes, defenitely. For S-M3, Punisher: WZ, etc.

6. Absoloutely. Did it with S-M, S-M2, S-M3, X1, X2, The Punisher (2004), etc.

7. Defenitely. For S-M1, S-M2, S-M3, Iron man, The Incredible Hulk, Punisher: WZ, etc.

8. Sometimes.

9. Not really, I think I took a small Spider-Man 3 poster from a magazine, but that really isn't anything that big of a deal.

10. I think once or twice. I've attempted to go quite a few times.

I did go see "Jurassic Park III" (was there a need to make this movie? Hadn't they said all they needed to say?) mainly to catch the Spidey WTC trailer.

1. Taken off work or school to attend a comic book movie's opening day?

3 times from work, for Hulk, Iron Man & TIH. I took the whole weekend off for each.

2. Gone to the midnight screening of a comic book movie?

Hulk, IM, X2, X3, TIH, SpM2

3. Watched/taped/Tivo'ed some show you didn't care about b/c they'd promised to run a comic book movie trailer?

Plenty, but I can't remember much about which shows they were on.

4. Hoped beyond hope to catch a comic book movie trailer while waiting for a non-comic movie to start?

All the time last year waiting for IM & TIH.

5. Searched the lobby of your local theater for comic book movie posters?

Never went out of my way to look for them, but I'd notice them if I saw them.

6.Watched a comic book movie on cable even though you already had the DVD?

Never. Why would I?

7. Watched multiple behind-the-scenes specials about a particular comic book movie?

Only if I happened to get to the theater early and they were showing something like that.

8. Read both the comic adaptation AND the novelization?

IM, TIH and Hulk(this last one, the novelization was better than the actual film).

1. Never.
2. Never.
3. I watched some show way back because it promised a trailer for the first X-Men film. It was before I discovered the internet and before superhero movies were popular. I was psyched.
4. Everytime I go to a theater.
5. Often.
6. Nope.
7. I probably did for several films.
8. Nope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"