Hawkeye Hawkeye General Discussion Thread

I had this idea that Val would recruit Jack in the end of this show, but it seems the whole Jack/Eleanor thing is not prominent in this series as promised in the first episodes.

After everything is said and done, they (or someone) should remove the fat and squeeze everything into one big 2+ hour movie.

After everything is said and done, they (or someone) should remove the fat and squeeze everything into one big 2+ hour movie.

This series is all about the fat, especially fat man autos.

The 1st four episodes felt like the 1st hour of a movie. The series has been incredibly slow for a 6 episode mini-series. While the 5th episode felt like that part of the movie before the big fight/climaX.

I just don't see how Marvel Studios couldn't have trimmed this to a full length film and needed to be a "series" - especially when other mcu films have dealt with bigger things and bigger amount of characters.

The 1st four episodes felt like the 1st hour of a movie. The series has been incredibly slow for a 6 episode mini-series. While the 5th episode felt like that part of the movie before the big fight/climaX.

I just don't see how Marvel Studios couldn't have trimmed this to a full length film and needed to be a "series" - especially when other mcu films have dealt with bigger things and bigger amount of characters.

Yep, Falcon and Winter Soldier also had a similar "film structure", with a few big action set pieces early on, and then a big one at the end. I'd argue that could've been a good movie, whereas Hawkeye as a movie would still feel vastly inferior I think, no matter how good the third episode was.

Yep, Falcon and Winter Soldier also had a similar "film structure", with a few big action set pieces early on, and then a big one at the end. I'd argue that could've been a good movie, whereas Hawkeye as a movie would still feel vastly inferior I think, no matter how good the third episode was.
Imo, WandaVision, Hawkeye, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki could have been a 2hour feature film. But I guess its wiser for Disney+ to have the project be split into 5 to 9 weeks, in order for these original programming to have more buzz/chatter, and to entice the subscribers to keep their subscription more.

But story wise, I just haven't seen anything yet from Marvel Studios' D+ Originals aside from What If, that must be a mini-series or a series that is longer than the standard mcu movie.

Imo, WandaVision, Hawkeye, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki could have been a 2hour feature film. But I guess its wiser for Disney+ to have the project be split into 5 to 9 weeks, in order for these original programming to have more buzz/chatter, and to entice the subscribers to keep their subscription more.

But story wise, I just have seen anything yet aside from what If that must be a mini-series or a series that is longer than the standard mcu movie.

I couldn't disagree more about Wandavision. I didn't love the first two episodes but after that there wasn't a moment wasted. If anything, many episodes felt too short.

I couldn't disagree more about Wandavision. I didn't love the first two episodes but after that there wasn't a moment wasted. If anything, many episodes felt too short.
Eh. What was so important about the sitcom episodes? There were a couple of filler scenes. The first few episodes were mostly teasing and setting up future episodes. Vision despite being in the title wasn't even that well developed. The sitcom homage could have easily been trimmed to 20 to 30 minutes. Ralph is useless in hindsight.

I think Loki works the best as a series followed by WandaVision. The rest could've been movies. That said, I do like spending a bit more time with these characters. We wouldn't have gotten half of these projects if all of them were movies.

Eh. What was so important about the sitcom episodes? There were a couple of filler scenes. The first few episodes were mostly teasing and setting up future episodes. Vision despite being in the title wasn't even that well developed. The sitcom homage could have easily been trimmed to 20 to 30 minutes. Ralph is useless in hindsight.

The sitcom format was the very essence of the show and why Kevin Feige wanted to make WandaVision. Without that, there would be no WandaVision at all. It wasn't simply to tell this mystery story or further the MCU but was Feige's own personal pet project and love letter to sitcoms and TV nostalgia.

I think the main virtue of turning FatWS into a movie would be that it would probably force the screenwriter to cut back on the number of subplots. Of all the shows so far that one was the one which suffered for having too much crammed into too little space. With only two hours to work with, they would have to pick one between the Flagsmashers and the Power Broker, and either way the story would be better for it.

For all the other shows, I mostly am left wondering whether you all come from red side, because the complaints or suggestions mostly don't make any sense with the shows I actually watched. :p Like, for example, WandaVision's entire creative conceit is a satire/homage to sitcom television, turning that into a movie would be missing the entire point. You would have to rework the entire story from the ground up on every level, and by the time you are done you have no modified WandaVision, you have replaced it with something that isn't WandaVision.

I also believe that these shows, if there were released as "movies", would be under a much closer/bigger scrutiny. But because they are "tv shows" they get a few passes that otherwise would be bigger criticisms on a feature.

The sitcom format was the very essence of the show and why Kevin Feige wanted to make WandaVision. Without that, there would be no WandaVision at all. It wasn't simply to tell this mystery story or further the MCU but was Feige's own personal pet project and love letter to sitcoms and TV nostalgia.
And its story could easily be told in a 2 hour film.

WandaVision's approach was perfect for episodic television, that's the only one that could not have worked as a feature film. The mystery week-to-week is what made it work.
It ain't Lost / Twin Peaks mystery type of show. I don't see how this more or less 4 hour/30 mini series would lost so much, if it lost half its screentime. Unless you really want to dedicate 25 to 30 minutes to every decade of sitcom (from the 50s to late 00s).

It ain't Lost / Twin Peaks mystery type of show. I don't see how this more or less 4 hour/30 mini series would lost so much, if it lost half its screentime. Unless you really want to dedicate 25 to 30 minutes to every decade of sitcom (from the 50s to late 00s).
Sitcoms aired on TV. The whole point of the show is to mimic a tv series. The show simply wouldn't work as a film. Could they tell the same story in a different way to fit a feature film? Sure. But this version of WandaVision belongs on tv.

I've been enjoying the slow pace of this series tbh. It's been fun. Right now it's Wandavision > Hawkeye > Loki > Falcon.

The sitcom elements of WandaVision aren't superfluous. That's why you've got it back to front in your understanding of it. It's not some MCU mystery/action show with sitcom elements pigeon-holed in. It's an MCU sitcom FIRST with mystery elements added. The weekly episodic sitcom format is the main thing.

Sex in the City was a weekly comedy series which was then made into a big screen adaptation. It didn't work as successfully as a 2-hour movie precisely because it lost its episodic aspect.

The sitcom elements of WandaVision aren't superfluous. That's why you've got it back to front in your understanding of it. It's not some MCU mystery/action show with sitcom elements pigeon-holed in. It's an MCU sitcom FIRST with mystery elements added. The weekly episodic sitcom format is the main thing.

Sex in the City was a weekly comedy series which was then made into a big screen adaptation. It didn't work as successfully as a 2-hour movie precisely because it lost its episodic aspect.
If Marvel Studios managed to feature all that Infinity Stone hunting in Infinity War then all that Time Travel adventures in Endgame - the plot of WandaVision isn't that impossible to trim under 3 hours.

I could also say Infinity War would have been better as a series, because they could dedicate a single episode for every Infinity Stone + forging a new hammer. I could also say that endgame could have dedicated a single episode for every time period visited. Yet those two worked as a movie despite juggling 5 times more characters than WandaVision, and having to deal with more things.

As for Sex and the City (as someone who have seen it) it needed better writing, not because they had 2 hour and 30 minutes to tell a story.

I also believe that these shows, if there were released as "movies", would be under a much closer/bigger scrutiny. But because they are "tv shows" they get a few passes that otherwise would be bigger criticisms on a feature.
Totally agree. I can see a bunch of them struggling to get mostly positive reviews if they were made into films.

and tbh if they were movies, they couldn’t compete with the scopes of the movies. Even Loki

Yeah. I think Falcon and Winter Soldier is the only show that had movie-like action set pieces. At least much bigger than something like Black Widow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"