Hawkeye Hawkeye General Discussion Thread

Swordsman wields a saber on the poster, which he haven’t used yet.
Hope he gets a fight

I like this show a lot, and out of the live action Disney+ shows, I rank this second behind Loki. With WandVision, I feel like the cast did not do the show any favors when Paul Bettany said he was facing someone he's always wanted to face and Teyonah Parris said people would be excited at the aerospace engineer, leading to wild speculation from everybody, plus the whole Mephisto and Evan Peters thing. With Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I feel a lot of the production of the show was hampered by COVID as if wasn't for the Pandemic, I think there would have been a full episode dealing with the backstory of the Flag Smashers as to their motivations (the rumored virus story would have been interesting to see) but COVID shut down I think scuttled those plans, forcing major re-writes as I think they shot only the first two episodes before everything shut down.

They need to debut the much bigger (and probably better in terms of CGI and writing) show, The Book of Boba Fett next week, otherwise the finale would have been next week. I think that they wanted Star Wars material to end the year.

Are they still hiding Kingpin for the final poster?

Im prepared for a huge disappointment. Im just expecting 2-3 scenes with him, so no reason to promote him much. One with Eleanor, one with Echo (maybe one flashback again?) and one with Hawkeye. There will be no real fight with Kingpin involved, its just a build up for the dumb Echo series.

The series will concentrate Hawkeye vs the Track Suit Mafia ( yawn ) and Yelena. Side plot can be Kazi vs. Echo.

I’m not expecting to be disappointed, but there isn’t enough time left to do all the things I would have wanted done by the end of the series.

Im prepared for a huge disappointment. Im just expecting 2-3 scenes with him, so no reason to promote him much. One with Eleanor, one with Echo (maybe one flashback again?) and one with Hawkeye. There will be no real fight with Kingpin involved, its just a build up for the dumb Echo series.

The series will concentrate Hawkeye vs the Track Suit Mafia ( yawn ) and Yelena. Side plot can be Kazi vs. Echo.

So how is Kingpin likely in 2-3 scenes any different than Jonathan Majors few scenes at the end of Loki, which leads to Ant Man 3?

They need to debut the much bigger (and probably better in terms of CGI and writing) show, The Book of Boba Fett next week, otherwise the finale would have been next week. I think that they wanted Star Wars material to end the year.
It’s a shame the Marvel shows aren’t getting the production standards and writing quality of The Mandalorian.

I’m not expecting to be disappointed, but there isn’t enough time left to do all the things I would have wanted done by the end of the series.

That's why (to use a quote that Jeff Loeb used ad nauseum when he was in charge of Marvel TV) "it's all connected" but this time for real.

It’s a shame the Marvel shows aren’t getting the production standards and writing quality of The Mandalorian.

I think it's because Marvel has too many projects going on at once, stretching the VFX team too thin while LucasFilm has one Star Wars project going on, so it gives their VFX team enough time to fix any bad CGI after initial production ends.

I‘m okay with Kingpin being the Bloefeld of this series and Eleanor/Madame Masque being the real villain.
It was teased that way, from the first teaser trailer.

So how is Kingpin likely in 2-3 scenes any different than Jonathan Majors few scenes at the end of Loki, which leads to Ant Man 3?

If this turns out to be like another exposition mess for a movie that will be released in 2 years, I will be very disappointed. "It is all connected" and satisfactory end of plot streak should be the same, not an opposition.

I‘m okay with Kingpin being the Bloefeld of this series and Eleanor/Madame Masque being the real villain.

Same. We're going to have multiple big bads in this universe it seems like. We'll see the likes of Captain Marvel, Ant Man, Wasp, Dr. Strange and other heroes considered "too powerful" to be street level heroes facing off against Kang while Fisk fits more of the heroes with lesser powers or no powers like Yelena and Kate. I think Sam Wilson fits the latter and She Hulk fits the former.

That's why (to use a quote that Jeff Loeb used ad nauseum when he was in charge of Marvel TV) "it's all connected" but this time for real.
As one example I think I’d need another Echo dominated episode ahead of the finale to build up the interest I want to have ahead of watching her show. If I'm not sufficiently interested then people who are less into the MCU are more likely to skip it even if it turns out to be really good. At least Kingpin has already shown his worth in the Daredevil shows and is a recognisable character so doesn't need a big intro in the same way and can get away with doing a lot less, even in the finale. It's quite disappointing as I was very excited to get a deaf Marvel character (my mum is deaf) and if they can't get her personality over on screen when they are trying, it highlights how tough this can be for deaf people when meeting people they don't already know.

He‘ll,get his own poster on Thursday - like Jonathan Majors got his one day after the finale

Maybe Kingpin will have a Nehru suit, a monocle and scar and will be stroking a white cat for pizza dog to chase.

Everything seems to be a set up for something to come, it's a bit annoying. It's tease after tease after tease without something "meatier" in between. It's hard to describe. Is like they are more worried or interested about what's to come instead on focusing on the now.

As one example I think I’d need another Echo dominated episode ahead of the finale to build up the interest I want to have ahead of watching her show. If I'm not sufficiently interested then people who are less into the MCU are more likely to skip it even if it turns out to be really good. At least Kingpin has already shown his worth in the Daredevil shows and is a recognisable character so doesn't need a big intro in the same way and can get away with doing a lot less, even in the finale. It's quite disappointing as I was very excited to get a deaf Marvel character (my mum is deaf) and if they can't get her personality over on screen when they are trying, it highlights how tough this can be for deaf people when meeting people they don't already know.

Echo does nothing for me right now. I do like the other deaf character in the MCU in Makkari though. She's one of the few bright spots in the Eternals.

Echo does nothing for me right now. I do like the other deaf character in the MCU in Makkari though. She's one of the few bright spots in the Eternals.
Good to hear, thanks. I was really the busy the month Eternals came out so haven’t even seen it yet. Plan to watch it after Matrix now.

Good to hear, thanks. I was really the busy the month Eternals came out so haven’t even seen it yet. Plan to watch it after Matrix now.

Non spoilery review of Eternals: The plot was good, not strong character development for most of them. I only really liked Makkari, Kingo and Dane Whitman.

Outside of F&TWS, all of these shows have had FAR better writing than The Mandalorian, IMO.

I don't know why you expected anything different, though. This has always been billed as Hawkeye vs. the Tracksuits + the mystery villain implied to be Jack, that actually turned out to be Eleanor. Just like in the Fraction run, which much of the series is directly lifted from. Getting mad that Kingpin doesn't have a huge role is like getting mad Mephisto wasn't in WandaVision.

It makes perfect sense for Kingpin to be the primary antagonist of Echo's show - he's her nemesis in the comics as well, they've just shifted her origin to involve Ronin instead of Daredevil. And bold to call it "dumb" when we' know absolutely nothing about it.
Everything seems to be a set up for something to come, it's a bit annoying. It's tease after tease after tease without something "meatier" in between. It's hard to describe. Is like they are more worried or interested about what's to come instead on focusing on the now.
This show IS focusing on the now, and half the people on here are pitching a fit because there's not enough Kingpin content, or its too slow, or "nothing important happens," etc...

It's quite a treat that Vincent is going to be a part of tonights episode.
Also,I like Alaqua as Echo.
But, the show is called Hawkeye.
I am here for Clint & Kate, ALL THE WAY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"