Hawley's Doctor Doom Film

I'd be surprised if it happens and don't really want it to unless it fits. That seems unlikely given that it originated in another organization.

Not sure, in an interview the russo's said they would love to see hawleys take on doom and hawley said that feige asked him if he was still working on it.

A origin movie of doom could easily fit into the mcu. He is also marvels most iconic villain, he's not a throwaway piece. Could really see them want to go through with it. It also frees them up to do a ff film where doom isn't the big bad, which he has been in the failed films.

If I wrote the script (and nobody has asked me yet :funny:) I'd start with him as an intense, sort of creepy child (think Damien). I'd make both his mother and father a little frightened of him, though they would also clearly love him.

I'd show the aristocracy as complete bastards who treat the people of Latveria horribly. When his mother dies, I'd make it clear that Doom doesn't have the same sadness and vulnerability that we'd expect from a child, but rather an anger that the aristocracy has 'taken her' from him.

I would show him and his father on the run from the aristocracy so that even though Doom isn't a hero, he is a victim of that evil aristocracy. I would make both Doom's father and Boris somewhat sympathetic so that even though Doom wouldn't be a good-guy, some of that sympathy and their love for him would rub off on the audience.

In the second act, we'd see the death of Doom's father, and Doom left in the care of Boris. at the beginning of the third act, I'd show an older Doom in college, but I'd only show that briefly. We'd see the accident and then Doom and Boris in the mountains where he would forge his armor with the help of the monks.

The final 10 minutes would be Doom in full armor completely and mercilesly destroying the aristocracy and taking his thorne. It would be similar to the scene of Vader in Rogue One, but a little more satisfying in my mind because the Aristocracy would have been shown to be such bastards that the audience would be perversely rooting for Doom to slaughter them.

1OYk.gif

BUT I would only want to do all that after Doom had been introduced and established as the ultimate villain.

Ok didn't see this before.

What are your thoughts on having a Civil War in Latveria break out. The aristocracy winning, which is why they're on the run, naming the New Republic Sokovia. Then set Doom's attack at the same time as Ultron destroy's Sokovia so it looks like The Avengers took out the aristocracy, then having Doom as the last member of the asistocracy revive Latveria and take over control. He could even say the Avengers are the reason he wears the armor, which would also explain why the rest of the world lets him have his sovereignty.

I personally hope Marvel greenlights this, if it is a loose adaptation of Books of Doom by Brubaker, then it will be a beautifully written and well shot, almost Shakespearean tragedy of a film....Doom's life from birth to armor clad would be universe/world conquerer is meant for the big screen....I know that some people want to keep him shrouded in mystery and I do too...to an extent but if this is a great way to show the world that all past cinematic abominations of Doom are a thing of the past and THIS is who Doom truly is, then he will be welcomed into multiple MCU films for years to come....

Expectant to what Joker could bring to us. As some mentioned, if it's good and successful then it may encourage Marvel to make a Doom film. Daaaaaamn can't wait!

Not sure, in an interview the russo's said they would love to see hawleys take on doom and hawley said that feige asked him if he was still working on it.

A origin movie of doom could easily fit into the mcu. He is also marvels most iconic villain, he's not a throwaway piece. Could really see them want to go through with it. It also frees them up to do a ff film where doom isn't the big bad, which he has been in the failed films.

Yeah....as you can tell, I think it "could" work, but am skeptical given where the seeds sprouted. I've been a FF fan for more years than I'd like to remember; which is fortunate for me because I can't really remember them all and a great Doom movie could be a terrific setup for my favorite superhero team of all time.

Doom is probably my favorite villain (other than maybe Vader) and I'm definitely game for a great movie about his origins (See Willie Lump's post).

Also, something occurred to me last night when I was thinking about a really great FF movie and saw Julian McMahon on TV. The casting (outside of Sue Storm) of the first 2 (real) FF movies was actually pretty good. OK folks....shoot me. LOL

I personally hope Marvel greenlights this, if it is a loose adaptation of Books of Doom by Brubaker, then it will be a beautifully written and well shot, almost Shakespearean tragedy of a film....Doom's life from birth to armor clad would be universe/world conquerer is meant for the big screen....I know that some people want to keep him shrouded in mystery and I do too...to an extent but if this is a great way to show the world that all past cinematic abominations of Doom are a thing of the past and THIS is who Doom truly is, then he will be welcomed into multiple MCU films for years to come....

That would involve Reed and Ben. I'd LOVE to see the University scenes.

Yeah....as you can tell, I think it "could" work, but am skeptical given where the seeds sprouted. I've been a FF fan for more years than I'd like to remember; which is fortunate for me because I can't really remember them all and a great Doom movie could be a terrific setup for my favorite superhero team of all time.

Doom is probably my favorite villain (other than maybe Vader) and I'm definitely game for a great movie about his origins (See Willie Lump's post).

Also, something occurred to me last night when I was thinking about a really great FF movie and saw Julian McMahon on TV. The casting (outside of Sue Storm) of the first 2 (real) FF movies was actually pretty good. OK folks....shoot me. LOL

Wherever it originated feige now has ownership of that script and can do with it whatever he wants. The script is not linked to any film fox has made. Feige might not have had any input in it before but he can read it and adapt it if he wants. It would be like any writer at marvel studies submitting him a script.

You may well be right and it doesn't get made, but i don't agree that it would be dismissed because it was written by fox.

Wherever it originated feige now has ownership of that script and can do with it whatever he wants. The script is not linked to any film fox has made. Feige might not have had any input in it before but he can read it and adapt it if he wants. It would be like any writer at marvel studies submitting him a script.

You may well be right and it doesn't get made, but i don't agree that it would be dismissed because it was written by fox.

And I never said that it would or should be. I think you must be disagreeing with someone other than me.

And I never said that it would or should be. I think you must be disagreeing with someone other than me.

You said you were sceptical because of where the seeds sprouted. Maybe i misunderstood you but it sounded as though because it was written by fox.

Still love to read the script, if nothing else.

I don't want another confusing story like Legixn and I'm not interested in a supervillain film. Venom, Joker and Morbius are enough for now.

That's a jump to assume that Hawley would do a Doom origin film the way that he did LEGION.

I'm sick of all of these villain movies. :sigh:

Well, there's a lot to consider. Someone wisely said this: "What's different about films that are about the hero's counterpart? The main character (the villain / anti-hero in this case) would do things that no other character would do, especially the heroes."

How many have actually been made in the last decade? How many made about super heroes?
Well, there's been a few rumored, and a few made lately. With heroes, there been a ton. But those characters are villains for a reason, sooooo......

But ya know, I digress.

Well, there's been a few rumored, and a few made lately. With heroes, there been a ton. But those characters are villains for a reason, sooooo......

But ya know, I digress.

But that's my point... There actually haven't been all that many. And villains are an EXTREMELY important part of the super hero universes as we traditionally know them. And more's the point... Bad people are a part of real life. They have stories to tell and lessons to teach us as much as any positive tale of heroic heights. Shakespeare himself knew that there were grand tales to be told with the worst sort, like Richard III and Macbeth at the heart of story.

And personally, for myself... Super heroes are a modern mythology (modern meaning the world as we know it from the post WWII era when the current time we live in was so readily shaped). But, perhaps being a uniquely American creation, we tend to want positivity and romanticised stories. But mythology must do more for the individual and society than simply comfort... They must help us confront. Both in the stories of villains AND heroes must be examples of confronting issues, within and without that may not be comforting, in either the questions asked or the answers given. The story of villainous characters can tell us much. There's a reason why shows like the Sopranos, Breaking Bad, or films like Goodfellas and The Godfather are as lauded as they are. The dark side of humanity is still a part of humanity, like it or not. And the stories we tell ourselves should include the full range of who we are. Otherwise... This stuff falls to the level of complexity of an average story of Power Rangers.

But ya know, I digress.
Superheroes > supervillains.

I don't want Doom, Magneto, Apocalypse, etc... getting their own solo film. But I guess Sony and WB have to make money...

Superheroes > supervillains.

I don't want Doom, Magneto, Apocalypse, etc... getting their own solo film. But I guess Sony and WB have to make money...

I guess Marvel Comics had to make money with all the times villains have gotten series or mini-series then.

OMG... Movies are made by studios for profit! Stop the presses.

The way some people view it, and a not unsubstantial part, Infinity War was Thanos' film despite the Avengers title.

If anyone thinks that Marvel Studios will never make a film based on any of their villains in the future they are looking to be proven wrong.

Stories of villainous characters have been around since the literal beginning of humanity. I'll trust the ancients, Shakespeare or even Patricia Highsmith as to what is acceptable in terms of art over the druthers of Internet fanboys and fangirls.

I don't want another confusing story like Legixn and I'm not interested in a supervillain film. Venom, Joker and Morbius are enough for now.

Legion is purposefully confusing. You are looking at the world from davids perspective who is a mental patient. What is real what isn't, the whole show is trying to keep the viewer off balance.

Doom i'm guessing would be from his perspective. It will be a lot more straightforward but you will understand how he became a ruthless dictator believing that he alone can save the world, excusing all the evil things he does for the greater good.

Hawley is a very good story teller and i think he would be able to pull it off magnificently.

I thought Marvel just got the right back can Fox even still do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"