HBO Adapting Gillian Flynn’s “Dark Places”

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score

HBO’s limited series game is impeccable, so this should be worth keeping an eye on.

Finally! I've wanted this to happen for years, the movie adaptation was depressingly bad and this book deserves so much more. It's perfect for HBO.

Finally! I've wanted this to happen for years, the movie adaptation was depressingly bad and this book deserves so much more. It's perfect for HBO.
I vaguely recall there being a movie with Charlize Theron, but it seemed like no one was all that interested in putting the word out about it. I don’t think I even remember a trailer.

I vaguely recall there being a movie with Charlize Theron, but it seemed like no one was all that interested in putting the word out about it. I don’t think I even remember a trailer.

It was terrible. Charlize is always good, but she was miscast in the role, bizarrely so. It was a rushed adaptation, feels like half the book and any emotional stakes whatsoever are gone. Oddly enough, it was distributed by A24.

Well, Sharp Objects was great. So I expect this will be as well.

I'm in! The movie was okay but not as good as the book. Hopefully this will be better. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"