HBO's The Righteous Gemstones

Between the monster truck sequence in this episode and that epic GTA highway chase in Barry Season 3, these HBO dark comedies are really showing up all the big budget action blockbusters.

Praise be to He!

Also, tonight's season finale easily felt like and could've worked as an ending to the series too, even though I'm overjoyed that the show got renewed. Just with how jovial things ended up for the Gemstones and having Aimee-Leigh Gemstone watching felt like wrapping the series in a nice bow.

Last edited:
Hearing BJ call Judy “Daddy” during foreplay just took years off my life.

I thought this was easily the best season of the show yet. The only subplot I really didn't care about was Kelvin's but he's also my least favorite of the main cast. Strange because I loved Adam DeVine in Workaholics but it's also tough to keep up with McBride, Patterson, Goodman and Goggins.

Good finale.

I laughed when Jesse started dying his chops again in the second episode.

The bath scene was... disturbing.

Kind of surprised they dropped the Kelvin/Keef bomb like that. Of course, after that massage, was there any doubt.

I enjoyed Eli and Gideon bonding this season.

The happy ending reminded me of the S1's ending. So I can't wait to see what new bad habits they pick up for S4.

This show just keeps getting better every season to me with this season being my favorite one so far. I just love the fact that they have been able to make such unlikable characters so lovable and consistently entertaining to watch and you can just tell everyone involved is having a lot of fun in these roles.

Steve Zahn, Kristen Johnston and Lukaas Haas were all great additions to this season, and I even appreciated the smaller appearances from Stephen Dorff and Shea Whigham.

Obviously, Walton Goggins continues to steal the show as Uncle Baby Billy as always even in small doses, but this season also reinforced why I've loved Gideon so much as a character ever since Season 1.

Dude's a badass and is easily my favorite character on this show.

Kind of surprised they dropped the Kelvin/Keef bomb like that. Of course, after that massage, was there any doubt.
Honestly, with as awkward and as deep in their faith as they both are, I always kind of figured it would remain subtext, no matter how glaringly obvious. But when Keefe started being overtly jealous of someone he believed Kelvin was having sex with, I sort of figured we were getting close to making things official.

The barest of subtexts. We saw that massage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"