• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

HDCP filters!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Civilian
Reaction score
I recently installed a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD combo re-writable disc drive into my PC. I can now enjoy HD content on my monitor! yay!

Only one problem though, when i try to watch that content on my HDTV linked to my PC via a HDMI cable i get pop up box telling me i have HDCP compatibility problems. I done some digging, and it looks like HDCP is some kind of piracy protection. Only problem is, since i was an early HDTV partaker, i am now blocked from watching my own Blu-Ray movies onmy own TV!

Short of buying a new TV set, i've heard that the only way of getting around this is to buy a HDCP filter that disables/blocks the protectiuon software between hardware units.

Does anybody know anything more about this, where i can buy filters in the Uk, which ones are the best, cheapest etc...

thanks guys. I know i'm not in the right forum, but i'm really getting stressed here and i would greatly appreciate some help. :csad: Please modds, leave it for a while please, let it get some traffic, i really need some help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"