Michael Mann's Heat 2

Meh. All this time later? Plus De Niro and Pacino are that movie, a prequel wouldn’t be the same with different actors.

Love the movie, but not interested in this.

(Kilmer's character got away, didn't he? Maybe we'll follow his life on the run... :rolleyes:)

a prequel that would follow the “formative years of homicide detective Vincent Hanna (Al Pacino), Neil McCauley (Robert De Niro), Chris Shihirles (Val Kilmer), McCauley’s accomplice Nate (Jon Voight), and other characters” from Mann’s 1995 crime-movie masterpiece.

Pacino and Deniro's characters met for the first time in Heat if I remember? So would we just follow two separate storylines that may indirectly cross over but they actually never come into contact with one another? And I assume it would be a period piece set in the 1970s or 1980s?

I don't envy the actors they cast to play a young Pacino and DeNiro. From the 1970s no less!

Yea, we don't need this.......the story worth telling already got told, we don't need to see their "formative years", let alone those of side characters too.

It's like a John McClane prequel. We already saw the story that matters.

Michael Mann Wants To Make Heat 2 As A Movie – Exclusive

“It’s totally planned to be a movie,” Mann says in a major new interview in the upcoming Avatar: The Way Of Water issue. He’s aware that a cinematic version would be one hell of an undertaking – and though he ventured into serialised territory with this year’s Tokyo Vice series, he doesn’t see Heat 2 as a small-screen proposition. “Is it a modest movie? No. Is it a very expensive series? No,” he says. “It’s going to be one large movie.”

Love Heat. Might pick up the book.

I'm good on another movie tho...

The tricky part is finding younger actors who embody Robert DeNiro and Val Kilmer since this takes place 5 years before Heat. That suspension of disbelief will be tough since we know them so well.

Crazy. He’d even be just about 5 years younger than when DeNiro played him in Heat.

Make this with Collateral 2 back to back please and then do a cross-over.

Call it: "The Mann-a-verse of Madness" or something.

Mann at this point needs to take his fake teeth out his mouth, eat his goddamn puddin', while I burn every copy of Blackhat into the bloody ground.

tumblr_o2eud6guYo1rcnqeto6_r1_400.gifv

The tricky part is finding younger actors who embody Robert DeNiro and Val Kilmer since this takes place 5 years before Heat. That suspension of disbelief will be tough since we know them so well.
It also takes place immediately after Heat. It's a prequel/sequel.

Pacino, not seriously, said Chamelet should play him in the prequel
Al Pacino Says Timothée Chalamet Should Play His Role in 'Heat 2' - Variety

Which is...nah

Id need to see Chalamet acting out this scene before I could say one way or the other.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"