Heatseeker Coming to Wii

Axid

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://wii.ign.com/articles/737/737295p1.html

IGN Wii: How many fighter jets will be available in the finished game? Ben: You can pull G in over 30 flyable fighters and their amazing variants, and you'll see another ten flying alongside (and exploding into fiery frags) during the game. They include fully licensed planes from the mighty F-15 Eagle and F-16 Falcon to the stealthy fifth generation F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II, and detailed recreations of "bad guys" all the way from the classic MiG-29 and Su-27 to the ultra-modern Su-47 and MiG-1.44. And the final bonus unlock? My favorite plane of all time, the coolest machine to ever take to the skies, packing an armament that you wouldn't believe if I told you (and I'm not going to).

IGN Wii: Do the jets fly differently? How have you worked to give each jet an individual style?
Ben: Absolutely. Each plane has thirty-five individual control parameters - the weight of the plane, the amount of engine thrust, the effectiveness of the afterburners and throttle, the pitch, roll and yaw rates, the amount of lift generated by the wing surfaces - and every one has been tuned to make each plane special. But you don't have to worry about the stuff under the hood. Just choose the one that fits you best, pick the weapon load-out that suits the mission profile, kick the tires and light the fires!

IGN Wii: Nintendo's Wii console opens up some exciting possibilities for jet fighter games. How are you using Nintendo's innovative controller in Heatseeker?
Ben: An arcade jet fighter game is a natural fit with the controller. Heatseeker is all about throwing your jet around the sky, trying to get on his six before he gets on yours, and the physical nature of the Wii controller connects the player's movements directly to the plane's. We're playing with a hangar full of different configurations to test out the amazing selection of control methods the Wii offers. Do we use the Wii-mote to point at targets while the nunchuk's thumbstick controls the plane, or is held like a joystick to let its accelerometers do the work, or do we use the Wii-mote to mimic holding the plane in your hand, while movements on the Nunchuk jink away from missiles? They all work, they're all great, and we're playing the game to find what's best!

IGN Wii: When will the game be available for the various systems?
Ben: March 2007

heatseeker-20061004051039347-000.jpg

heatseeker-20061004051038409-000.jpg

heatseeker-20061005095958603.jpg

I want it.

I also want a fighter involving planes of the WWI and WWII variety.

^ Blazing Angels is coming as well, at launch I think

Axid said:
IGN Wii: Nintendo's Wii console opens up some exciting possibilities for jet fighter games. How are you using Nintendo's innovative controller in Heatseeker?
Ben: An arcade jet fighter game is a natural fit with the controller. Heatseeker is all about throwing your jet around the sky, trying to get on his six before he gets on yours, and the physical nature of the Wii controller connects the player's movements directly to the plane's. We're playing with a hangar full of different configurations to test out the amazing selection of control methods the Wii offers. Do we use the Wii-mote to point at targets while the nunchuk's thumbstick controls the plane, or is held like a joystick to let its accelerometers do the work, or do we use the Wii-mote to mimic holding the plane in your hand, while movements on the Nunchuk jink away from missiles? They all work, they're all great, and we're playing the game to find what's best!

Dammit, give us a CHOICE! Do NOT decide what is best for us. DS games do that sometimes, and it irks me. Let us decide if we want to point at the screen to steer or use it as a joystick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"