Sequels Heavy Metal: The Music of "Magneto"

MattC

Reaction score
So, who do we want to compose for Magneto?

I enjoyed Ilan Eshkeri's work on Stardust, and he also worked on Hannibal Rising which is the origins of a villian. I need to check out more of his work however, to see if he would be suitable. He was attached to X3 when Matthew Vaughan was involved however, so it means that the interest in scoring an X-film may already be there.

Any suggestions?

John Williams. His epic style fits Magneto's character.

I love John Williams, I actually think he would be a great choice. He has a couple of films lined up for 2009, but if Magneto gets pushed to 2010 then he might be more available.

I'm not too bothered who does it, as long as it sounds like,

This

And This

Saw Stardust on Tuesday night and really enjoyed the score.I certainly wouldn't have any qualms with Eshkeri.:up:
John Williams. His epic style fits Magneto's character.
Williams would be awesome but getting someone like him on a movie like this could be tricky. He's such an in demand composer.

Also, after so many awards hiring someone of his stature won't come cheap and i just don't see Fox breaking the bank for Magneto like they seem to be doing on Wolverine.I could be wrong but that's my feeling looking at the talent they got on that project.

I'd have to say someone like John Williams or Harry Gregson-Williams

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"