• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Helen Mirren Enters the Winchester Mystery House

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
CBS Films Nabs Helen Mirren's 'Winchester' For the U.S.
The Oscar-winner will play Sarah Winchester, the eccentric heiress to Winchester Repeating Arms Company fortune, who spent her life constructing an enormous mansion, the famed Winchester Mystery House, complete with secret passages and trap doors, in order to keep at bay what she thought were the angry spirits of the people killed by her family's firearms.

The thriller will follow a skeptical San Francisco psychiatrist Eric Price, who is sent to the home to evaluate Winchester's mental health, only to discover she may have been right to be concerned.
Helen Mirren playing a Bay Area legend? Lawd yes. :up:

I remember reading about the house and thinking that it would make a great premise for a film. Helen Mirren in anything a supernatural thriller? :tmm:

Helen Mirren’s Haunted House Drama ‘Winchester’ Set For February 23rd, 2018

Mirren stars as firearms heiress Sarah Winchester along with Jason Clarke, Sarah Snook, and Angus Sampson. Siblings Michael Spierig and Peter Spierig are directing from their own script. Producers are Tim McGahan and Brett Tomberlin.

Winchester was convinced that she was haunted by the souls killed at the hands of the Winchester Repeating Rifle. After the sudden deaths of her husband and child, she threw herself into the 24-hours a day, seven days a week construction of an enormous mansion designed to keep the evil spirits at bay.

Clarke plays a skeptical San Francisco psychiatrist dispatched to the estate to evaluate her state of mind, who discovers that her obsession may not be so insane after all.

lYOvCZf.gif

Dame Helen Mirren with a creaky mansion full of guns. :hmr:

Sounds like a documentary title.

teaser

[YT]vseYaPR6hgI[/YT]

I wonder if this is why the directors made "Jigsaw". A one for you one for me deal maybe?

Well, they changed the title back to just "Winchester". What was wrong with the subtitle?

Also, new trailer:

[YT]0Juc2cL26mg[/YT]

Looks good.

And Mirren could still get it.

Long been intrigued by the story of that house. And Helen Mirren is still :hmr:

Anybody seen this? Ratings have been pretty dismal.

I saw it today it was quite good it felt longer than its 99 minute run time I loved that they filmed the exteriors at the REAL Winchester house.

Saw it last night and while it was nice to see the Winchester mansion (been there once), the movie wasn't good. A little below average, I'd say. Wasted potential.

Movie was a lot of nothing and a little silly/hammy. It had an awesome foundation for a really creepy and terrifying story that just didn’t get there. CGI was also not that great. They use the same secret door gag to build up to a non scare like three times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"