Heracleion: Lost Egyptian City Revealed After 1,200 Years Under Sea

Atlantis' next door neighbor.

If they find a skeleton of Superman impaled on a trident I'm going to freak out. :eek:

Oh wow, that's amazing! :wow:

Another mystery or quest for Indiana Jones to embark on. :up:

Sounds almost like what New Orleans is now, right down to the literally sinking into the ocean.

Sounds almost like what New Orleans is now, right down to the literally sinking into the ocean.

They even found a trailer-park-trash mummy flashing her boobs for a hieroglyph carver from "Girls Gone Primal."

Wow. I cant wait for the tablets to be translated. That is pretty frickin cool.

They're going to release Imhotep.

And I for one welcome our new undead overlord.

Wow. I cant wait for the tablets to be translated. That is pretty frickin cool.

buc-tuong-co1.jpg

It's a drive-through menu for Falafel Pharaoh's Phast Food chain, which was really popular back then.:oldrazz:

Just kidding, they've already translated it, although it tells allot about the culture and times, that particualr part doesn't seem that mysterious or spectacular https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kkiOtVlDfNU#t=1350s

-They say - it tells the name and location of the city with an edict of Pharoh Nektanebos the First (378-362 BC) imposing a 10% levy on Greek goods in favour of a temple to the goddess Neith.

What they're imagining the city and main Temple to be all look pretty spectacular though, this was a likley a hub of the Meditaranean world - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kkiOtVlDfNU#t=1678s

Last edited:
I'll have mine with lamb. I've always wanted to try lamb.

Your resume must be a fascinating read.

You've got to softpedal some parts of your past.

- 5 years as a personal assistant to senior-level management in a fast-growing emerging market economy

- Supplementary experience in the hospitality sector, specializing in acquiring and serving exotic and esoteric food products

It's times like these I hate how small my avatar is.

I don't have enough posts for a larger avatar.

I don't have enough posts for a larger avatar.
Wah! I guess I never checked, "50 by 50 pixels or 49.3 KB (whichever is smaller)"
At what count does it go up?

This guy is pretty awesome...
article-0-19875A32000005DC-821_634x422.jpg

slide_294518_2390621_free.jpg

rode-2.jpg

rode-3.jpg

So is she!

rode-7.jpg

slide_294681_2393558_free.jpg

Cleopatra_Isis3.jpg

And...

rode-1.jpg

rode-8.jpg

In a way they are kind of cooler under water.
Even though that's not how they originally were, I wish there was a way they could be preserved there, under water as we found them, and still be able to visit and explore/study them.

I image as it's uncovered the major structure of the city/temple will remain down there, they'll just pick at it, and anything that can be will be hauled up and away.

Will they try and reconstruct it above?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"