Sequels Herc cameo?

Brian Braddock

R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
As I posted a week or so ago on one of the Thor threads, I said how I'd watched the Clash of the Titans remake after watching the Thor footage and the thought had struck me about how awesome it would be for someone to make one of those 'fan trailers' that you see on youtube so that we got to see Hopkins' Odin share some screen time with Neesons' Zeus being that it would probably be the closest we'd get to seeing the two Marvel omnipotents on the screen at the same time; not to mention the fact that it would also give us comparitive shots of Asgard and Olympus >geekasm<

Well, that may or may not happen [fingers crossed it does though] but I know one things for certain as a result- the idea has now made me certain that I'd absolutely love to see a Hercules cameo in the Thor sequel somewheres.

To any nay-sayers who poo-poo the idea right of the bat, all I'll ask is that they just think about it at least -all it would require would be a single scene, say an ale-fuelled arm-wrestling match between Thor and Herc in a tavern or pub (how's that for old school? :woot:), and you could validate such a scene by having Herc there to provide exposition for the plot, maybe have him give Thor some vital information that he's been searching for or something.

Given the two characters unique relationship ('brother from another mother' sums it up quite nicely, I reckon - twinned by the unique responsibility of being airs to such immense, and similiar, legacies) and that he's been a part of Thor's world since early on - it'd be nice to see Herc get some screen time given that I doubt if he'd feature in the Avengers as, ironicaly, due to Thor's presence he'd actually be kinda redundant.

As I said, I'm not asking that he's a full on supporting character or anything - just a cameo so as not to overshadow the movie from being about the Norse gods; a little nod to the fans and an acknowledgement that Olympus exists in the Marvel cinematic movie universe.

thor126.jpg

zzzzzzz.jpg

thor-221.jpg

128-18.jpg

thor-356.jpg

6-1.jpg

As for casting - go the Hemsworth casting route and get a fairly unknown actor of equal stature to Chris, have them undertake the same training regime, slap a beard and some false tan on the guy and, hey presto, we have ourselves a Hercules.

So c'mon guys and gals - what do you say?

Give me a 'H'.........give me an 'E'...........(you get the rest). :hehe:

Seeing Herc with Thor would be super-awesometastic. Especially if they get Herc right--the boisterous, reckless, irresponsible yin to Thor's yang. :up:

Yay - a reply (!) Thanks Corp. I thought this thread was going to die a death - maybe it's perhaps not the most visited of places given that we've still a year till the 1st movie comes out. Ah well, at least it'll be easy for you to moderate. :D

Anyways, I imagine Herc up there on the big screen with a flagon of ale in hand, laughing his ass off merilly as he slaps Thor on the back. They either have an arm wrestle or a [friendly] fight as a condition of Herc giving up the info that Thor requires.

I do wonder how they'd approach his look, given that Thor wears now armor. A half nekkid Herc next to him may look a tad strange. Do they give Herc a measure of armor also, possibly using a similar design aesthetic that the makers of Clash of the Titans employed or what? I know this is Apollo in the pic and all but one can imagine something like this standing next to Hemsworths armored-up Thor - only make it a bit less shiny, scrap the cloack and add some signature Herc costuming details as well as giving the guy a beard and we're golden:-

wexx.jpg

Last edited:
Hercules looking like whomever that person on the right is supposed to be would be bad. Very bad.

Greek armor's easy, though. Just put him in a green and gold breast plate, loincloth, and sandals.

Hmmm perhaps; possibly something resembling this only with the breastplate being gold (like the smaller breastplate picture) and the leather straps green with gold markings (much like Herc's comicbook sash)?

hercbg.jpg

Obviously, the get up that Herc sports in the comics wouldnt look to great in live action. I totally get what you're saying but my main concern is that if you dont go with the all over armor approach that they've already applied to Thor, you run the risk of Hercules looking like DC's version of the character:-

NewHercules.jpg

hehe I used to have the DC Herc's.....thing is I have not a single memory of the stories.

DC's Hercules was an a**hole who raped Wonder Woman's mom. :o

I like your idea for the costume, Brian, but I'd say lower the lion's head to his belt and, y'know, give him a belt. :)

Actually, here we go:

12972storystory_full-7493199.jpg

Just slap a breastplate on that and it'd be fine. That's his upcoming "god of heroes" look for Chaos War.

That would actually look really cool.

So what are we saying then? Thor and Asgard take their styling cues from 'Mythical tech' but Herc and Olympus etc are basically just 'classically' styled?

That would work for me. The Greek/Roman gods and visual style are more identifiable among the populace, so it'd make sense to cater to that. Give Hercules Greek-style armor and people will immediately know what they're looking at.

If the unknown route doesn't work, what about... Dominic West?
dominic-west-01.jpg

Man, there was a guy walking around Dragon Con lst year dressed as Herc, and he looked the part! Stature, physique, beard, Kirby-designed costume...and i kept thinking; If a fan can pull it off, how cool would it be to have Marvel's Hercules in a Thor sequel?

So yeah, count ME in.

Wow, talk about a thread coming back from the dead. :woot:

Was it one of these guys, CS?

47271_1438577236690_1000793639_31086136_6744487_n.jpg

30824_1353516513161_1088853637_3095.jpg

You know something which has just occurred to me after looking at those costumes? the reversal of colours. I immediately thought 'well, one of those guys has got it wrong' but was then mightilly surprised to see in the covers that I posted at the top of the thread the same reversal.

After all these years, I never noticed the switch.

I noticed it in iHerc. But it works either way, so I never really cared.

I wouldn't mind Hercules making a cameo like the one you mentioned above. As long as the focus remains on The Asgardians as the main gods.

Resurrecting this thread for a casting suggestion - how about Joe Manganiello as Herc? I could see that working; I mean visually, he has the height and build to be not only a great Herc but also a good physical match to Hemsworth's Thor.

Sure, there'll no doubt be negative shouts about his acting ability but I think he's be able to hold is own in that department too.

I don't think his part on True Blood calls for him to be an award-caliber actor anyway. I think it would work. it would be great to see who is noticeably bigger than Thor(height wise) while having the physical stature to match.

I don't know why he needs armor though? I think his Chaos War look is flat-out perfect.

Eh, superhero movies seem to shy away from bare-chested dudes, by and large. Plus, if you're trying to sell Herc as a god comparable to Thor, shouldn't he be in godlike armor similar to Thor's?

In the long run, I wouldn't really care, as long as it didn't look stupid.

I think it would just help differentiate them more. They different gods, different pantheon, different styles. that's all.

No offense to my bro Brian B, but I really would like for the Thor franchise to remain focused on the Asgardian realms.

I think I'd rather see Herc than Beta Ray Bill though, but if either of them has to appear I'd want it to be in THOR III after Thor's universe has been delved into more.

Last edited:
Hey, none taken. :up: I'd like to see more of the other realms too.

I suppose there's always be room for a Herc Cameo in an Avengers movie, at some point.

Hey, none taken. :up: I'd like to see more of the other realms too.

I suppose there's always be room for a Herc Cameo in an Avengers movie, at some point.

Cool, just making sure :cool:

You know what, I think I'd much rather see Herc cameo in an Avengers movie. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"