Heroic Age

*makes plans to re-mortgage house*
heh back in the 80's I was basically picking up everything, then my kids were born and the one room I had my comics became my daughter's room.

heh they're not as much into comics but when it comes to the Renaissance Faires, and both being artists they're chips off the ol' block.

May 19, 2010

Age of Heroes #1
Amazing Spider-Man Presents: American Son #1
Atlas #1
Avengers #1
Enter Heroic Age #1
Captain America #606
Dark Wolverine #86
Secret Avengers #1
Thunderbolts #144

So all these issues come out the same week? And that means each month they come out the same week, everytime?
Oh, man. I will have to pick and choose.
Marvel should have strung them out over time, like maybe a month or two.

Some of them are mini-series, if that's any consolation. I think Enter the Heroic Age might actually be a one-shot.

Enter the Heroic Age #1 Preview

11wfywy.jpg

2090b3t.jpg

WRITER: Kelly Sue DeConnick
Christos Gage
Jim McCann
Jeff Parker
PENCILS: Gabriel Hardman
David Lopez
Mike McKone
Kev Walker
INKS: Alvaro Lopez
Mike McKone

THE STORY:

THE HEROIC AGE IS HERE The Marvel Universe Starts Here! Five killer creative teams present the dawning of five all-HEROIC ongoing series. Who will answer the call to rise up and defend the world? The answers are in these pages exclusively! You can’t miss this first look at these new series that’ll have everyone buzzing. One-Shot/Rated T …$3.99

IN STORES: May 19, 2010

Age of Heroes #1 Preview

r8z6sz.jpg

fkmh43.jpg

COVER BY: Greg Tocchini
WRITER: Kurt Busiek
Paul Cornell
Rick Remender
Dan Slott
PENCILS: Marko Djurdjevic
Leonard Kirk
Chris Samnee
THE STORY:
Eisner-winner & fan-favorite KURT BUSIEK RETURNS TO MARVEL! THE HEROIC AGE IS HERE! The Heroes are restored to their rightful place in this new era, and the world is safer for them. They defeated Osborn & his Siege on Asgard, now they have one last foe to face: the Mayor of New York -- J. Jonah Jameson! Also, MI13 come to the US, but one of them isn't leaving--they are defecting to the AVENGERS?! Plus Dr. Voodoo's Sorcerer Supreme duties infringe on “date night” and how much trouble can Spider-Man get into in one day? The answer: A LOT! Rated T …$3.99

IN STORES: May 19, 2010

I really wish Hawkeye's costume didn't suck, but otherwise both look good.

Oh i wonder which MI:13 member is leaving to join the Avengers?? :csad:

I'm guessing it's either Blade or Dane.

Blade? What makes you guess him? I'd personally guess either Spitfire, Meggan, or Dane. I could also see Faiza if they wanted to make it a kind of graduation for her from Dane's squire to her own hero on her own, new team.

Isn't Blade joining the X-Men to fight vampires? :p

"Hey, Blade, why don't you come join the Avengers?"

"Sorry, I go where the suck-heads are. And it seems they've decided to go back...

"... to their X."

csimiamiyeah.gif

I was just guessing the more American-ish members of the team. Dane is American, and Blade is easily mistaken for one.

Bendis is bringing in the "Next Avengers" to his AVENGERS title? For those not in the know, NEXT AVENGERS was a mediocre animated DVD from the Marvel/Lion's Gate library that offered up an original story about Iron Man raising the children of the dead Avengers, and all of them being generic archetypes that anyone on an Internet forum could have created within 5 minutes (and that is being generous; I've seen some ideas in Zoken's HOW WOULD YOU DO IT topic that FAR exceed the creative energies that birthed the Next Avengers). Cap's son is the leader. Pym's son is a geek. Thor's daughter is a stoic warrior. T'Challa's kid...was just there. The RUNAWAYS they weren't. In fact they weren't even A-NEXT. It was quite literally the lowest selling Marvel animated DVD film of the lot. It sold worse than DOCTOR STRANGE. But Bendis is making sure to bring them into Marvel. Incredible. I mean, X-23 and Reptil I could understand...both came from successful cartoons. But the Next Avengers?

Aside for that, these anthologies mostly look good. It will be cool to get extra CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI-13 as well as AGENTS OF ATLAS material.

Don't bat A-Next's name around like they're a bunch of losers who are barely a step above the Next Avengers punks. The MC2 Avengers were pretty damn cool. :o

I never got past J2 with his silly name and shirt tied around his waist. :o

But, they were way more imaginative than the NEXT AVENGERS.

At any rate, I'll be getting ENTER THE HEROIC AGE and AGE OF HEROES, even if I imagine I will like some of the short tales more than others. It does seem as if Hawkeye is now wearing his HOUSE OF M costume. But I care more about other strips, frankly.

Whatever, J2 was lame. American Dream and Thunderstrike II made A-Next great. :oldrazz:

I loved Thunderstrike A-Next. Great concept.

I'm guessing it's either Blade or Dane.

Blade? What makes you guess him? I'd personally guess either Spitfire, Meggan, or Dane. I could also see Faiza if they wanted to make it a kind of graduation for her from Dane's squire to her own hero on her own, new team.

I was just guessing the more American-ish members of the team. Dane is American, and Blade is easily mistaken for one.
Well Steve Rogers invited Captain Britain to join the Avengers and he got permission from Pete Wisdom so does that mean he's going to apear in the Avengers books or what?

Who knows? I'm assuming it means he'll show up in those big splash pages of all the heroes who've ever been an Avenger, at least. I doubt he'll actually be on an active roster.

I bet Dane decided not to go back to the Avengers, though. He seems happy on MI-13 with Faiza, and he's kind of f***ed up because of the Ebony Blade, so it's probably better if she's around to keep him stable.

That "I usually just call him 'Steve'" line was funny, though. :D

Taskmaster?!Time for a Kermit "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"