What Avengers titles will you be buying?

Here's a Djurdevic poster that's going to be divided into variants for the various books:

c2e2-10-presenting-marvels-avengers-franchise-20100418005332296.jpg

I NEED this poster framed and put up in my lounge. Anyone know if these things actually get printed/sold?

On topic: Secret Avengers is an absolute definite for me... Beast, War Machine, Moon Knight, O'Grady & Steve are five of my faves. I collected the full set of Eric, Rhodey and Spectors last series' and am positively giddy with excitement over this new team book.

Avengers looks okay, but not enough to get my cash. NA can suck a fat one and AA just doesn't grab me the same way ATI did.

Speaking of AA, I wonder what'll happen to Diamondback, Constrictor and Tasky. I hope they're not reassigned to limbo hell.

Yea I've really grown to like Diamondback and Constrictor.

I've always loved Tasky though.

They all deserve some good treatment in the future.

The one thing I liked about Avengers: The Initiative was the development of Constrictor. Became a great character to read and I hope he gets some treatment in a future title.

Avengers Academy, for sure. MAYBE Secret Avengers. Maybe. I can't deal with bendis anymore right now. I like his writing, but I'm bored.

I have a terrible feeling that maybe Constrictor and Diamondback die in Siege. I hope they don't, and I'd love for them to be involved in Avengers Academy, but Gage makes it sound like AA will be very Avengers-focused. The teaching staff will pull special instructors from Avengers teams, like Hawkeye for archery, but not so much reformed villains, I imagine.

Although, to be honest, I kind of wouldn't mind Constrictor and Diamondback dying in Siege. It'd be a very traditional end to their "starcrossed lovers" plot.

I was thinking they die as well, which would be a shame. They did a lot of work with Constrictor in the series. Became one of the very few reasons I had for reading it, especially when Dark Reign began. Still think they have a few stories left in him as a reformed villain before letting him fall in limbo.

But knowing my luck with the characters I like, Diamondback will die in Siege and Constrictor will blame Cap for it and go back to being a pointless villain.

That would be much worse than just killing Constrictor off, as far as I'm concerned. It'd be the Sandman all over again. Great villain turned great anti-hero who's striving to be even better, then all of it is reversed on a whim.

I wish I could just get "one" book, because more than that would seem like too much money... but I'll probably get the 3 basic Avengers' books minus the Academy one, which sounds too boring to me...

You know me so well:fhm:

I'll be definitely getting Avengers and Secret Avengers.I'm pretty excited about both!

I'll give all of them a shot. Here's the order I'm most interested:

Young Avengers: Always!

Avengers: I'm a characters guy and Bucky and Barton are deal makers for me. I don't have a problem with Iron Man or Thor either.

Avengers Academy: Not one that I expected to read until I found out who was on the staff. I'm liking Hank Pym more and more and Quicksilver-deal maker. Plus I'm excited to see Speedball back!

Secret Avengers: Another that I didn't think I would like this at all when they started advertising for it but with Steve, I'm in. Plus Widow, Sharon, Steve and O'grady are my wife's fav's and she likes me to read them to her and she'd never let me escape this one.

New Avengers: I'm most skeptical about this one. The team is really boring to me and there aren't any of my deal makers on it. I like Luke Cage well enough as well as Jewel and Mockingbird. Plus Jewel and Mockingbird are two of my wife's deal makers so I doubt I'll be able to escape it. Seems kinda blah though.

The only thing that bugs me about Avengers is that it's a bit of a sausage-fest, and the only woman who is on the team sucks, as far as I'm concerned. I actually would've preferred Ms. Marvel, and I don't even like Ms. Marvel. Mockingbird would've been great, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"