Heterosexual men should be circumcised - AP

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.nowpublic.com/heterosexual_men_should_be_circumcised_ap

GENEVA
(AP) - Heterosexual men should be circumcised because of compelling evidence it reduces their chances of contracting HIV by up to 60 percent, U.N. health agencies said Wednesday.

But men should still use condoms and other protection against the virus, said the World Health Organization and UNAIDS, the U.N. agency that coordinates the global fight against the AIDS virus.

"We must be clear," said Catherine Hankins, of UNAIDS. "Male circumcision does not provide complete protection against HIV."

Besides condoms, men and women should use protections such as abstinence, delaying the start of sexual activity and reducing the number of sexual partners, she said.

I just find it funny that it only specifies hetero men! So, gay people are screwed either way, huh?

I know plenty of Hispanics that are circumsized. Actually, I know very few people that aren't circumsized.

We're a dying breed.

Kainedamo is going to be so pissed off.

He's made great pains to try and battle foreskinism.

It's never too late to jump on the Erz bandwagon.

I don't quite understand how the cicumcision helps with preventing HIV...but whatever. People should get circumcised anyways because it looks better :up:

With out going into detail, it's easier to clean a circumsized penis as opposed to an uncircumsized one. Don't know what that has to do with HIV but I can see it being one of their stupid reasons.

I prefer circumsized penises. It's better looking.

I don't quite understand how the cicumcision helps with preventing HIV...but whatever. People should get circumcised anyways because it looks better
Here ya go.
The analysis showed that foreskin mucosa (cells underneath the surface) contain high concentrations of the cells targeted by HIV. The foreskin tissue contained higher densities of CD4 T cells, macropahges and Langerhans' Cells (LC) in adults than in children or in cervical tissue. The highest proportion of these HIV target cells were found in men with a history of infection, which is consistent with studies finding that men with sexually transmitted infections are more susceptible to HIV.

According to Alan Landay, PhD, department of Immunology/Microbiology and at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, the higher the concentration of HIV target cells, the more susceptible the tissue is to HIV. This proved to be the case. When the authors introduced HIV to the tissue in culture, the cells in the foreskin tissues were infiltrated with HIV rapidly and at much greater intensity than the cervical tissue.

The more you know............................

They're not turnoffs to me at all. I just prefer circumsized.

You've got one with Majik! :cwink:

You hate me, don't ya? :cmad:

So, lets say that instead of meeting Spoons in your college you met me. We hit it off from the getgo and I asked you out. Then, we go on a date and have a wonderful time. Afterwards or another time we go back to my place and it gets all hot and heavy. So, you're telling me you'll just get up and leave?! Thats cold, Pickle! :csad:

ha, so the subtext is: let the gays die of HIV.:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"