Superman Returns Hints of "Son of Superman" ?

bulok

Sidekick
Reaction score
Has anyone read that graphic novel a few years back where Superman disappears for 16 years and he returns to find a teenage son and the world has been deluged by stolen Kryptonian technology pilfered from the Fortress by Luthor.

Does anyone else who have watched the trailer feel that this movie may have taken some plot points from that book?

I have a sneaking suspicion, with the lack of any super powered villains in this movie that Lex himself will end up having some super powers in the end, much like in the book.

Thoughts?

never heard of that. Tell me more.

Interesting, what arc is this from? I don't even remember hearing it or anyone every bringing it up.

i saw the cover of the book...interesting...i didn't realize the storyline of the movie and the book are so parallel...man o man

Can anybody link the cover or a description? Anybody even have a title?

Its a dead link for me?

Nice. This seems like an interesting read. I don't know about them giving Lex powers. I definately want to check that story out though.

Yeah its a very crappy novel. Essentialy a rehash of old plots. I dont feel that this movie took plot points from it. I mean really

pilfering tech? Luther been doing that.
Going away? Classic hero tale
Lex possibly gaining powers? Been there done that in the comics.

storyteller said:
Yeah its a very crappy novel. Essentialy a rehash of old plots. I dont feel that this movie took plot points from it. I mean really

pilfering tech? Luther been doing that.
Going away? Classic hero tale
Lex possibly gaining powers? Been there done that in the comics.

but not all in one story...too much coincidence...

Nobody has the name of this thing or a cover shot?

trying to study for my history final. Sorry the link doesnt work for you showtime, but you can just do a search on amazon for it. crappy cover anyway. dunno about the content itself.

its' called Son of Superman...word for word...that's what it's called.

The Cover.

new_graphic_novel201.jpg

that is one looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong cape.

you know i bought that book a few years ago. great for an elseworlds tale, but not for a superman movie. hope returns isnt a total rip off cos the last thing i wanna see is a 'son of superman' movie!

Metropolis_Man said:
Nice. This seems like an interesting read. I don't know about them giving Lex powers. I definately want to check that story out though.

The only plus about giving Lex powers is Supes can beat the living crap out of him without compunction.

I'd love to see that, Lex grinning a smug grin and Superman laying into him. It's kind of cathartic, giving me a warm snuggly feeling inside. Hehe

i have a feeling luthor gets powers in this movie... remember in Singers Blogs... luther turns around and has green eyes glowing well i have a feeling Jor-el ends up giving him powers on accident of some magnitude

I think if Lex were to gain any super powers, it would probably happen in a sequel rather than in Returns. Though this does follow along with STM and S2, I feel we'll probably be 're-introduced' to these characters. I think Singer wants to convey the humanity (or lack thereof) in Luthor. That's what makes him such a great villain, that he can accomplish these things and theoretically hurt Superman even though he is a mere mortal.

I am expecting a surprise at the end. I would like to see a hint of the next movie, but Super-Lex is possible. I just feel that if Lex gets powers, it should be later rather than sooner.

Lightning54SC said:
i have a feeling luthor gets powers in this movie... remember in Singers Blogs... luther turns around and has green eyes glowing well i have a feeling Jor-el ends up giving him powers on accident of some magnitude

I always had the feeling that something was reflecting in his eyes, rather than his eyes actually glowing. It is certainly possible, though. Never know what's gonna happen in these crazy superhero movies.

bulok said:
Has anyone read that graphic novel a few years back where Superman disappears for 16 years and he returns to find a teenage son and the world has been deluged by stolen Kryptonian technology pilfered from the Fortress by Luthor.

Does anyone else who have watched the trailer feel that this movie may have taken some plot points from that book?

I have a sneaking suspicion, with the lack of any super powered villains in this movie that Lex himself will end up having some super powers in the end, much like in the book.

Thoughts?

Your right some of SR stuff sounds like the stuff from son of superman. Lois & Clark's son's name is Jon Kent he was named after jonathan .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"