His Dark Materials

I liked a lot of the acting in Season 3 Episode 3. The third book was pretty 'out there' back when I read it and it's interesting to see how they're translating it and it was also the longest book in the trilogy (I wasn't a huge fan of The Amber Spyglass). A lot more expense for all the CGI that this book requires versus the previous two.

Enjoy it while it lasts before Zaslav may do something to it especially for being a co-production with BBC.

Lot of strong acting in Episode 6 again. The
Land of the Dead
was one of the best parts of the last book and it was entertaining here for a couple of episodes as well.

The ending actually made me tear up, I wasn't expecting that.

I'm annoyed HBO is treating this show like such an after thought. I know it wasn't the best reviewed but it wasn't bad either.

Show started off on the wrong foot by not building it's world properly but it eventually got there and season 3 was really good. That ending was waaaay too bittersweet though. :( Dafne Kene is a keeper though. Also, the name of Will's daemon, Kirjava, literally means "colorful" in Finnish (and there were a lot Finnish names in this). Very appropriate for that cat.

Last edited:
I'm just sad to see this show go with pretty much little to no fanfare. Honestly, I'm surprised it even got three seasons with what little buzz there was surrounding it and its shame because its a really well-done show, especially when it comes to the performances and the vfx which was no different this season.

This deserved so much better IMO because it is without a doubt a quality fantasy show and a lot better than many out there of its kind with the exception of stuff like HOTD which top tier.

Finally caught up with this, and apart from a few things they missed out (no Iorik in the final battle? Come on!) I thought it was really well done and that last episode got to me big time. I actually had tears in my eyes as these 2 characters had obviously grown to love each other so much.

The CGI and acting was all on point once again. Think The Authority and Metatron could have had a bit more background about them as people who haven’t read the book will be confused. But overall this was a damn good show that I will miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"