DC TV Series His Moment Has Arrived… BOOSTER GOLD!

Alan Ritchson for Booster Gold!

484933_v9_bb.jpg

You know, thinking about the talent Gunn is going to be bringing into these projects, one thought just occurred to me…

He already managed to get Jody Hill to direct an episode of Peacemaker.

Could be a good fit for this, too.

Quick question for ya’ll…

Can someone explain to me how Booster Gold became so popular? I stopped reading comics in the early 2000s, so I’m sure much has changed. But I just remember Booster being one of those characters from the days when the Justice League was populated by a bunch of heroes no one cared about and he was one of them. Did he have some amazing story arcs in the past 20 years that turned everything around?

Can someone explain to me how Booster Gold became so popular? I stopped reading comics in the early 2000s, so I’m sure much has changed. But I just remember Booster being one of those characters from the days when the Justice League was populated by a bunch of heroes no one cared about and he was one of them. Did he have some amazing story arcs in the past 20 years that turned everything around?

Booster Gold had a really solid episode in Bruce Timm's Justice League Unlimited series, and also in the final season of Smallville made his live action debut, which at the time, was pretty well received. I read Booster Gold's New 52 comic, which I think also was pretty well received. But I will say that was over a decade ago with all that stuff. That said, it did make me a fan of the character, and I definitely see a lot of potential for this series. I think this is right up Gunn's alley, and I for one can't wait to see this!

Booster Gold had a really solid episode in Bruce Timm's Justice League Unlimited series, and also in the final season of Smallville made his live action debut, which at the time, was pretty well received. I read Booster Gold's New 52 comic, which I think also was pretty well received. But I will say that was over a decade ago with all that stuff. That said, it did make me a fan of the character, and I definitely see a lot of potential for this series. I think this is right up Gunn's alley, and I for one can't wait to see this!

Thanks; that all make sense. I definitely agree that he feels like a perfect character for Gunn to adapt.

Tom King has also regularly thrown him into his stories. He had a great story in his Batman run titled “the Gift” where Booster created an alternate reality where Bruce’s parents didn’t die, and the consequences were disastrous (and funny). He also was a main character in Heroes in Crisis and made a hilarious appearance in King’s Human Target where he runs a bagel shop. Plus, Dan Jurgens recently did a mini series Blue and Gold, with Booster and Ted Kord. That series started really strong but kind of limped to the finish. But there was a ton of potential for it and all of this exposure has cemented him as a nice change of pace character who brings absurd comedic relief.

Tom King has also regularly thrown him into his stories. He had a great story in his Batman run titled “the Gift” where Booster created an alternate reality where Bruce’s parents didn’t die, and the consequences were disastrous (and funny). He also was a main character in Heroes in Crisis and made a hilarious appearance in King’s Human Target where he runs a bagel shop. Plus, Dan Jurgens recently did a mini series Blue and Gold, with Booster and Ted Kord. That series started really strong but kind of limped to the finish. But there was a ton of potential for it and all of this exposure has cemented him as a nice change of pace character who brings absurd comedic relief.

I just picked up the Blue & Gold run and so far have had a blast reading it. Granted, I'm only on #3, but it's been enjoyable!

I just picked up the Blue & Gold run and so far have had a blast reading it. Granted, I'm only on #3, but it's been enjoyable!
I loved the first few issues. I love the way they had social media driving narration. I lost some interest just because I found the villain to be somewhat lame. I need to revisit it.

Thanks; that all makes a lot of sense. I guess I’m glad Booster is getting his due because even though I never cared much for him, Dan Jurgens is one of my all time favorite comic book artists. His Superman design is pretty much what I picture in my head whenever anyone mentions Superman. Plus, he gave us Mullet Superman. You can’t beat that, lol.

(I’m not actually sure if that was his idea or not but he definitely drew a lot of comics with the Super Mullet).

Just based on the JLI connection, I would be shocked if Fillion as Guy isn’t earmarked for this show.

So where are we on the Booster Gold DCU TV show well mini series on HBO Max Disney Plus equivalent of the MCU?

… say that again?

If they were going old for Booster/Beetle... Michael Rosenbaum & Tom Welling would be fun in the roles ( I can already feel the anger this thought has caused on this forum lol.) I assume they go with young & unknowns though. I'm here for it regardless. Booster has always been one of my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"