Booster Gold: The Series?

I just thought of the perfect actor to play Booster, got really attatched to the idea, and then came back down to the realization that he's already attached to another series (which I watch, so I don't even know why I got so excited in the first place).

Ryan Kwanten.

He already plays the lovable, good-looking loser role to near perfection on True Blood. I'd imagine Booster would be somwhat more intelligent, though... :o

He would be ****ing perfect for Booster man. I dig it

Got any clips of the guy. Don't watch his show so I have no indication on him.

webhead, go youtube jason from true blood.
btw any news from syfy?
Last we heard syfy added Booster to their development slate.

last news we had was the producer/guy writing script recently handed in a draft to syfy and now just in waiting stage. Probably wont hear more to next yr i figure if it gets picked up. If so they can probably do the pilot/series in spring. Then have it come out during next yr winter block of programing.

There can be no awesome Booster Gold without Blue Beetle (Ted) there with him. I swear, those two together are comedy gold.

well the producer has said in past interviews he hopes to include many stuff from the comics like ted/blue beetle, and that time traveler guy umm i blanking on his name at the moment. So really like smallville had to jump through hoops to use x dc character. I am sure if this goes to series we will see a bunch of dc heroes/supporting folks/villains all counting legal rights and all that.

Thanks high i new it was something like that but was blanking on the name, not to verse with most of the dc world beyond the big names and stuff i seen in cartoons/read online on.

I wonder if Arrow's ratings last night will guarantee that this gets at least a pilot, given that both share the same writer and are based on a DC character.

IGN Comics: Before we end off, I wanted to ask about another show you've been working on. Back during SDCC you revealed that you were preparing to submit your first script for the Booster Gold series you're developing for SyFy. Is there any update on that show right now?

Kreisberg: [laughs] I got a little waylaid by Arrow. Booster Gold is going in in the next couple weeks before Christmas. We'll see what happens from there. It's such a different project even though they're both DC Comics properties. Booster is much more candy and popcorn, being about time travel and changing the future and being a superhero who can fly. But they're both super-fun projects. As a lifelong DC Comics fan, I am beyond blessed to be working on these projects with all these amazing characters.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/28/expanding-the-world-of-arrow

Pilot Is Still In Play

I appreciate that they're nurturing the project instead of rushing it to the screen, but good God... it's been a year and a half since it was announced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"