Hollywood saloon's perspective of X3.

Theweepeople

Sidekick
Reaction score
LOL I like all sorts of Ratner bashing
For goodness' sake I cannot believe The Fox is picking him to direct the next Wolverine movie, *I'm speechless*

Why the opinion of those guys is so important that it deserves a thread? I´ve never heard of "Hollywood Saloon".
Oh, I see...another hate thread is never too much, it seems. :rolleyes:

welltheyjust cant say it was the worst film of 2006. that is sooooooooooo rude!! they may say it was 1 of the worse hollywood film according to them.

One of the most interesting things about the original review is it rivals X3's running time.:oldrazz:

my God, I can't believe i even made it 5 minutes into that drivel. waste of time.

Yes, this isn't obsession in the least.

All of this "X3 suxx0rz and here's more proof!" is getting really really really old really really really fast.

You don't like the movie, we get it. Stop forcing it down our throats.

my God, I can't believe i even made it 5 minutes into that drivel. waste of time.

This speaks volumes about your character. So you formed your opinion of this review after listening to less than 5% of it? That's an excellent example of having an open mind towards different viewpoints. Feel free to stay in your world of blissful ignorance since its obvious that you have no frame of reference concerning this issue.

So you formed your opinion of this review after listening to less than 5% of it?

I formed my opinion about this after listening to 0% of it. :woot:

A site I've never heard of didn't like X3. And I'm supposed to care because...??

I can go on Rotten Tomatoes and look at the different reviews. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this movie took a critical beating compared to the first two movies, but yet did manage to receive a handful of decent reviews as well.

So people have different viewpoints. Is that supposed to prove something we didn't already know?

A site I've never heard of didn't like X3. And I'm supposed to care because...??

I can go on Rotten Tomatoes and look at the different reviews. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this movie took a critical beating compared to the first two movies, but yet did manage to receive a handful of decent reviews as well.

So people have different viewpoints. Is that supposed to prove something we didn't already know?

Exactly, well said!:up:

Too bad this site doesn't have "rep", I'd give you tons of it right now.

The clip cut off before the end. Although I did hear the part at the beginning where they said they were going to discuss the good before getting to the trashing or Ratner-ing segment.

The clip cut off before the end. Although I did hear the part at the beginning where they said they were going to discuss the good before getting to the trashing or Ratner-ing segment.

That's interesting. Both clips worked fine for me. However, I downloaded both files before opening them. The first one is over two hours long while the second one is a few minutes shorter than the running time of X3.:oldrazz:

I have no problem with someone forming an opinion about this film without listening to the hollywood saloon review. However, I think its childish for someone(Abaddon) who likes X3 to try and discredit a negative review because he has no patience for listening to more than 5% of it.:whatever:

I have no problem with someone forming an opinion about this film without listening to the hollywood saloon review. However, I think its childish for someone(Abaddon) who likes X3 to try and discredit a negative review because he has no patience for listening to more than 5% of it.:whatever:

This is hilarious because I did not like X3 and I didn't even make an attempt at discrediting the review. What could it possibly tell me that I haven't already heard before? I know why the movie sucked, I don't need to hear these two people I've never heard of go into some long-winded segment on the film. And my God, do they love to talk.:o

So yeah, stop making ignorant assumptions.:huh:

This is hilarious because I did not like X3 and I didn't even make an attempt at discrediting the review. What could it possibly tell me that I haven't already heard before? I know why the movie sucked, I don't need to hear these two people I've never heard of go into some long-winded segment on the film. And my God, do they love to talk.:o

So yeah, stop making ignorant assumptions.:huh:

I have no problem admitting when I'm dead wrong about something. You're right. I acted like a complete jackass towards you for assuming you liked X3 so I apologize.

That's interesting. Both clips worked fine for me. However, I downloaded both files before opening them. The first one is over two hours long while the second one is a few minutes shorter than the running time of X3.:oldrazz:

Please tell me they talked about something other than X3 for all of that time. Because if they didn't, they really need to go outside more. :wow:

Please tell me they talked about something other than X3 for all of that time. Because if they didn't, they really need to go outside more. :wow:

We've been discussing X3 for over a year and a half. :woot:

LOL at their "Dallas" reference of Bobby Ewing coming out of the shower.

It's annoying that they bothered with a review almost as long as the movie itself, but didn't bother with the 5 minutes it would have taken to do a google research and see who's playing who instead of guessing and pondering out loud.

I still think this was one of the best reviews I've heard because these guys were not fans of the comics so their opinions are less biased towards this film then comic book fans. They were simply fans of the first two X-Men films and thought the third movie was a letdown because it lacked the quality of the previous films. I'm still amazed that critics who knew basically nothing about the X-Men comics could come up with a review that rivals X3's running time.:yay:

this movie was hardly the worst of last year. I'm sure steve martin had something out?:o

Sounds like the spent so much time reviewing X3 that they never made it out to see Basic Instinct 2. :oldrazz:

Sounds like the spent so much time reviewing X3 that they never made it out to see Basic Instinct 2. :oldrazz:

Not really. They did say x-3 is gold when compared to FF and a bunch of other movies. It was an interesting review because they talked about the shooting script which is an aspect you're not aware of, and mainly about the potential of other studios rushing films because they make money anyway. And all of their podcasts are about as long.

Not really. They did say x-3 is gold when compared to FF and a bunch of other movies. It was an interesting review because they talked about the shooting script which is an aspect you're not aware of, and mainly about the potential of other studios rushing films because they make money anyway. And all of their podcasts are about as long.
Agreed. I've listened to their original review and found it to be pretty interesting. Obviously, they hated it, so that might turn some folks off who liked the film. The review is so long because they're willing to go into detail and analysis, not simply because they are going through such a long list of complaints (though they do have many). They actually skirt over a lot of the major issues methinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"