• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Superman Returns Homage Thread

PSU442

Guest
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
605
Reaction score
0
Points
11
thought this kind of stuff deserved its own thread. Let's see more... Post 'em if you got 'em!


Gold Samurai said:
even though we've known about this for quite sometime I'm still excited to see this part!

flyby.png

flybyorig.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/anhesbrotj/flybyorig.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/anhesbrotj/flyby.png
untitled2zi.jpg

dvwp0qo.jpg


its great that singer is paying homage

:up: :)
 
i dont hate that he is doing it like reeve. but i hate it that it is a 100% exact shot. it is like they replaced everything with CGI like lucas is doing . i hoped that he will make it somehow different.

but a 199% exact shot at the end?
 
i understand where you're coming from... but I fully expect a "In memory of Christopher Reeve..." title along the bottom along with the shot. And I'm betting that the cg shot above is probably a computer storyboard... we'll get a real Routh with a real smile.
 
PSU442 said:
i understand where you're coming from... but I fully expect a "In memory of Christopher Reeve..." title along the bottom along with the shot. And I'm betting that the cg shot above is probably a computer storyboard... we'll get a real Routh with a real smile.
I bet you the dedication to Reeve is before the movie.

And I like that he is doing an update of the end of the original films. I am happy with it.

And yeah, that is an animatic and not the final shot. The first one is though.
 
Someone should get pics of the football kick in S:TM and the baseball throw in SR...
i would.
but i'm lazy.
 
This thread isn't going anywhere.... dark_b - shows us more!

dark_b said:
homage number 293 :rolleyes:
and i am still counting
normal_vlcsnap-109213.jpg

rocketchase2.jpg
 
I know it is not an S:TM or S:II homage but when young Clark lands on whatever it is he lands on in the trailer when he is flying....it reminds me of the scene in Spider-Man when he is chasing the guy who shot Uncle Ben and Spider-Man lands on the round part of the building and crouches...sorry can't explain it any better...hope you know what scenes I mean.
 
sr2.jpg


sr1.jpg


Bosworth: Come on catch up to him!

Routh: I'm trying! Always trying... Not like anyone would be happy if I do catch up to him.

Bosworth: Stop speaking in metaphors, just be glad you got the hotter Lois.

Routh: I haven't seen Teri Hatcher, whaa??

Bosworth: Don't make me get the kid after you!
 
i am very happy with the flying. this is some classic stuff. and romantic. i am a guy but i still want to see the scenes with superman and lois together.
 
\S/JcDc\S/ said:
sr2.jpg


sr1.jpg


Bosworth: Come on catch up to him!

Routh: I'm trying! Always trying... Not like anyone would be happy if I do catch up to him.

Bosworth: Stop speaking in metaphors, just be glad you got the hotter Lois.

Routh: I haven't seen Teri Hatcher, whaa??

Bosworth: Don't make me get the kid after you!

:D nice one! :up:
 
PSU442 said:
This thread isn't going anywhere.... dark_b - shows us more!
Yes because we should never have a shot of Superman flying form behind in a Superman movie.

Please learn the meaning of the word homage: Dufitul reverance, respect.
 
Venom71 said:
I know it is not an S:TM or S:II homage but when young Clark lands on whatever it is he lands on in the trailer when he is flying....it reminds me of the scene in Spider-Man when he is chasing the guy who shot Uncle Ben and Spider-Man lands on the round part of the building and crouches...sorry can't explain it any better...hope you know what scenes I mean.
I totally thought the same thing :up:

I think it's the abrupt stop. And for a second, you feel like he should fall forward, but doesn't. There've been a bunch of shots like that lately in comic movies.
 
JamalYIgle said:
Yes because we should never have a shot of Superman flying form behind in a Superman movie.

Please learn the meaning of the word homage: Dufitul reverance, respect.
Breathe.
Its no different than how the comics to film thread became the comics to film to movie art to non-superman films to merchandise.
Theyre just comparisons.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"