Superman Returns A professional female prespective on Superman Returns...

K

Kane

There was once a thread asking the question whether Superman Returns would appeal to women, Singer certainly hoped it would (though it was guaranteed to appeal to men the most).

Heres a prespective from a female NBC reviewer about the film, and it truly is fantastic. I'm hoping its an indication that SR has the potential to appeal to vast audiences, breaking down gender barriers, without turning the film into some cheesy watered-down romance novel/soap opera/drama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBSWhcSH2qQ

She gets it :supes:

But of course it will appeal to women. I have never personally been in a theater full of men only.

But this is a good movie for females as well.

Women are drawn to power.... and fit men in tight clothing. Superman has both in spades!

Thats the point of my post. To prove the interest a woman could have in this film isnt limited to seeing Brandon Routh.

Its much more. This reviewer understood the depth and complexity of the story even parallelling it with Christ...

So yes, Im hoping for that reaction with more.

Kane said:
Thats the point of my post. To prove the interest a woman could have in this film isnt limited to seeing Brandon Routh.

Its much more. This reviewer understood the depth and complexity of the story even parallelling it with Christ...

So yes, Im hoping for that reaction with more.

Singer did say he wants Women to see this Movie

she was kinda cute for an older English babe.

Well obviously, she wouldnt be the co-host of this show if she was ugly :p

Yeah, because tv show hosts like her and Star Jones are always the very apex of physical beauty.

You find Rosie O Donnell and Ellen Degeneres attractive????

*pukes* okay point proven.

O'Donnel shouldnt even be on TV, she scares children.

Kane said:
*pukes* okay point proven.

O'Donnel shouldnt even be on TV, she eats children.

^^^^ I fixed your post for you.

Superman can be loved by the POPE and how would that make a difference?

And my 4 year old nephew gets superman he isn't really complex of a character.

How can he assess character complexity when hes still learning how to add and subtract....

dude my nephew read the newspaper when he was 2 years old , he is in a highlearning thing and he will probably be out of college by the time he is 15

With SUperman Fans, Spider-man fans, adult men, good WOM and huge marketing, SR will make huge opening and will get very very good legs.

My fiance says she doesnt want to see it lol. I have to literally drag her to theatre lol. I have a feeling she'll like it when she sees it though.

Everything about the movie appeals to me- the drama, the romance, the humor and the action scenes. I'm not going to see SR just for the romance, I'm going because it's Superman

moviespud said:
Everything about the movie appeals to me- the drama, the romance, the humor and the action scenes. I'm not going to see SR just for the romance, I'm going because it's Superman

exactly. :up:

SR might appeal to women but POTC2 does appeal to them more. Did anyone else saw the POTC2 premier at Disney land on E! It was nuts and filled with women of all ages shouting and screaming. One of the POTC2 cast said that it is even bigger than the last POTC. I don't think SR had that at its premier.

So basically what it boils down to is women like drama and love stories, men like action and eye candy. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"